Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #2056
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I don't remember it being there when we visited in December, but I would guess Germany since the story of Rapunzel came from Germany. I agree that the movie doesn't appear to take place in Germany, other than the name Mother Gothel which is from the original story. Maximus definitely isn't a German name.
I think it came out in March sometime, If I rememver right. The hair lights up at night too.
I guess I never really paid attention to the origional story. I should probably read it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #2057
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

Disney has a way with changing stories. The story of Pocahontas is not accurate. And the story of Tangled is quite different from the original German tale.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #2058
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I really need to go when all those beautiful topiaries are out! Claire looks like she's having fun with the posing, I know Kadence thinks it's the funniest thing ever to pose.

Please don't tell me that the Rapunzel Tower is gone!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #2059
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Thats funny the girls had to rest thier faces from smiling Thats good Claire got a bigger pearl than you. River is like that too. He always has to have bigger and better then me. She looks very happy with her necklace on.

Thats cute how Claire was posing like the toparies. River did the same thing on our trip last Oct. He posed like the toparies and the statues and pictures and the funny thing is I didn't realize he was doing it until half way through the trip when he told. I thought he was just trying to make funny poses
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #2060
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The hair lights up at night too.
oh come on!!!
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #2061
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTysMommy View Post
Disney has a way with changing stories. The story of Pocahontas is not accurate. And the story of Tangled is quite different from the original German tale.
You know, someone just recently told me that gopher is not in the Winnie the Pooh books. I did not know that. I acutually had the books when I was little, but never read any of them. (Or was it one? I know it had a red cover and pooh was on it. LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I really need to go when all those beautiful topiaries are out! Claire looks like she's having fun with the posing, I know Kadence thinks it's the funniest thing ever to pose.

Please don't tell me that the Rapunzel Tower is gone!
It is a really pretty time of year to go. In the past few trips we usually went right before it started and not everything was out, but still most of it was and very pretty. I am pretty sure the tower is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Thats funny the girls had to rest thier faces from smiling Thats good Claire got a bigger pearl than you. River is like that too. He always has to have bigger and better then me. She looks very happy with her necklace on.

Thats cute how Claire was posing like the toparies. River did the same thing on our trip last Oct. He posed like the toparies and the statues and pictures and the funny thing is I didn't realize he was doing it until half way through the trip when he told. I thought he was just trying to make funny poses

I have to admit, I didn't realize it at first. She pointed it out to me once we got to China.....then I looked back and sure enough, I did notice she was trying to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
oh come on!!!
Yep, I don't think I actually saw it myself, but I did see pictures of it.

This video shows it in the daytime and at night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS--o-01kHc
Old 09-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #2062
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

This video shows it in the daytime and at night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS--o-01kHc
well....i would think it would light up at night so you could see it...but, it doesn't ALL look like it lights up? only some of it?

glad i have a boy!
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #2063
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
well....i would think it would light up at night so you could see it...but, it doesn't ALL look like it lights up? only some of it?

glad i have a boy!
It is kind of weird. I found another picture of it lit up on Dis and the while thing is lit and the hair is wrapped around the tower. That picture is for mearly on during the flower and gardne festival. Mayb it malfunctioned or somethign and they unwrapped it? Thats kind of weird.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #2064
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We continued on through Germany. I thought about stopping at the Karmel store, but I was still full and Claire wanted to keep on moving.

And Claire is posing like Snow White.

Claire was really getting into it!

On to China!

Claire’s hand is out like that because she is pretending she is holding bamboo.

And then Norway!

And some more flowers.

And then on to Mexico. We had fast passes burning a hole in our pockets for Test Track, so the plan was to walk through Mexico quickly and head towards TT, then come back and ride the Mexico ride….well you know how plans go….

And this is a bird face. LOL!

On to Test Track!

Of course about 2 seconds after we got in line, Claire had to go potty. I told her we should go, and she said she would be ok as long as the ride didn’t go fast…well duh…we left the line and went to the bathroom!

Last edited by jenseib; 09-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #2065
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Ahahahaha as long as it didn't go fast! Plus even with FP's that line can be looooong!

I love all of Claire's poses, she was really into it!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #2066
KatMark
DIS Veteran

The rest of the World Showcase pictures are great, Jen. And I continue to love Claire's poses.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #2067
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Germany - check
China - check
Norway - check
Mexico - check

So, um, how many of these countries did you stop and get your passport stamped in?

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #2068
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Ahahahaha as long as it didn't go fast! Plus even with FP's that line can be looooong!

I love all of Claire's poses, she was really into it!
I know....it's the fastest ride in Epcot! And do you know what the 2nd fastest is? The parking lot tram...I got that tidbit of info from Tom and Karin when I visited them this aug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The rest of the World Showcase pictures are great, Jen. And I continue to love Claire's poses.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Germany - check
China - check
Norway - check
Mexico - check

So, um, how many of these countries did you stop and get your passport stamped in?
not too many. LOL! I have to look at it, but I think we hit 3 or 4. Of course I can't find the dang thing to check right now.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM   #2069
dekkerdisneydreamer
Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

Love the pick a pearl! I did this at SW in San Diego when I was about 8, I stil have the pearl. I would really like to do it again here. We'll see what we can do about that!

So many countries, so little passport stamps. It's okay though, you'll be back again and can get the rest of them.

I love the many poses of Claire! Especially the Simba/Rafiki one! So cute!

It's a good thing you got out of line. I wouldn't want to know what may have happened!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #2070
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

AHHHH! The dreaded "I have to go potty"! Kadence did that on the Backlot tour. I rushed her to the bathroom and ran on to te tram area. I wish I would have wait so we could have seen all the movie props there.

Love Claires posing I'm glad we got the goofy kids that do that. I've seen some who won't even look at the camera at all. But then again, some stubborness makes for a great photo (ex..Claire at Epcot with the Tinker Bell border!)
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: