Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #91
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
That is incredibly helpful. Not sure I would dare go without my face or risk having it melt off. I wonder what time they do the earliest session .... I need to give them a call I think. Thank you so much for that info
I think the earliest time slots will largely depend upon where you're shooting. Naturally, DFTW brides are going to have priority for like the MK. I can only speak for the 2 experiences we've had. The first back in 2007 was at the MK after park opening. We met our photographer at the Rose Garden at 9:00 a.m. When I booked it neither Disney or I thought of the Christmas parade filming scheduled for that day. This was another detail we discussed with our photographer when he called us the day before. It was like trying to part the Red Sea getting there but we gave ourselves extra time and we made it. Amazingly, with all those thousands of people on Main Street not 1 other person is in any of our pictures. Not even the 1 shot of us standing in the middle of the Rose Garden with the castle behind us. The angle he shot + the editing truly accomplished the impossible. For our upcoming sitting in World Showcase we are meeting our photographer at the International Gateway at 8:45-ish. That time is based on the park being officially open at 9 but we get the advantage of World Showcase not being open to park guests until 11. That way we'll be clear of the area before guests can come in. Kinda an added perk with World Showcase.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #92
IMACM
Mouseketeer

We are doing ours in the morning too just in case its still hot in November!!

I do know that they just hired a bunch of professional photographers...not photopass photographers!!! I cn't wait to see your pics from the sessions!!
IMACM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #93
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACM View Post

I do know that they just hired a bunch of professional photographers...not photopass photographers!!! I cn't wait to see your pics from the sessions!!
Oh! I hope they hired quality! Yay! I'm anxious to see everyone's pics! This is exciting stuff!

I'm shooting for fun candids with DH & me (for our 18th anniversary) and candids with the boys, too. I don't want much posing this go around. Lets walk together, talk, do what we normally would do when we're at WDW having fun but capture it in still shots. I know we won't get the volume of great shots but I'll sacrifice quantity for truly awesome candid. How about y'all?!

And what's everyone wearing? I found a gorgeous, simple white cotton eyelet maxi sundress for me. It's not form-fitting or trendy, more etherial or prairie-ish in style. Very cute. And, yes, that baby is fully lined. Do have any idea how hard it is to find a white eyelet maxi that's lined??? I found the dress on Nordstrom's website but wasn't paying the stupid price they wanted. Then like a week later after I was thinking non-stop about that dress I went to look again and it was on sale for like 50% off. Cha-ching! I'll wear my pretty dress with brown flat sandals. The guys are all wearing white long-sleeve button-up shirts with the sleeves rolled & probably untucked, khaki shorts, all with flip-flops. I got all their shirts & shorts from American Eagle online when things went on sale and I had good discount codes sent to me. I ended up paying like $15 for the shorts and maybe $20 for the shirts. Not bad at all. I love shopping sales. The shorts the guys can wear again thru-out the trip. I'm thinking I might wear my dress again a week later on our actual anniversary for our special dinner. To make it fun I'm thinking we'll bring everyone's sunglasses and maybe even our good Mickey ears hats (we got them before they switched the embroidery to the computerized machines). Also, since I'm wearing white I'll prob'ly bring a white towel in case I sit for anything. I can lay down a white towell and hide it so you don't really see it.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland, 9/14 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/14 DCL Wonder DD, 10/14 DCL Wonder DD

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
9/15 DCL Dream w/friends
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #94
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:

I know there were mixed reviews of the Photopass Photographers who used to do the resort sessions but we really came out smiling last year with a wonderful photographer. I was so happy with the whole experience and of the 79 shots we got on our CD only 3 of them were meh ... the rest were all worthy of enlarging and printing.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #95
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We had our pics done last year on November 9th and we actually booked our photoshoot at 4:45 which for us was perfect - we had very little glare as the sun was just starting to go down, the weather was perfect - not hot at all and we ended up with some great shots of the sunset behind us. I booked my DD's upcoming senior pics around the same time in October.

Oh... and we too had our pics taken by a photopass photographer and we only had a couple that were not that great, the rest were beautiful
mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #96
2Tiggies

Well I finally caved - I BOOKED!! I will let you all know how it compares to the Photopass one when we get back. Thank you for all your help
Old 08-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #97
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

We had our 20-minute session last week at the Grand Floridian. The photographer was definitely NOT a photopass photographer. We got about 42 shots, most of which are good - a few of them are excellent. I'm very pleased.
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #98
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
We had our 20-minute session last week at the Grand Floridian. The photographer was definitely NOT a photopass photographer. We got about 42 shots, most of which are good - a few of them are excellent. I'm very pleased.
Thanks Lisa

We are booked for the GF too. How many people were in your party?
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #99
Lisa S.
Trip planner extradordinaire!

Hi 2Tiggies - there were just 2 of us, me and my Mom. They took several poses of us both, as well as individual shots of us in several locations - on the stairs in the lobby, by the piano in the lobby, sitting in a chair in the lobby, on the steps in an alcove, by the fountain outside, and a couple more places outside that I just can't remember right now. Hope this helps!
Lisa S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #100
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
Hi 2Tiggies - there were just 2 of us, me and my Mom. They took several poses of us both, as well as individual shots of us in several locations - on the stairs in the lobby, by the piano in the lobby, sitting in a chair in the lobby, on the steps in an alcove, by the fountain outside, and a couple more places outside that I just can't remember right now. Hope this helps!
Thank you, it does help. This was my daughter's choice of resort for the session this year (she's 9, so who was I to argue ) and I had initially been a bit concerned that it would be very similar in settings to the one we did at the Poly last year. I was also curious as to how many people were in your party as it seems that the fewer you have and the quicker you are able to move, the more pictures you manage to get. I would be happy with 45 to 50 shots. Last year we managed more but my DD loves the camera so the photographer didn't need to issue any instructions to her. Me on the other hand ....
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #101
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We had our hour long photoshoot on August 25. We were schedule for the 24 at 5pm but it was pooring and they called us to change the date which turned out to be the next morning at 9am. We have Jim and he was awesome. We took so many pictures. We even went over the 1 hour and hadn't noticed. We took pictures inside, outside byt the beach and by the main building at the Poly and I loved it. I saw a few pictures as they were taken and they seemed really nice. We were a party of 8 and we had individual pictures and group pictures taken. In all I would say we have about 30 different poses if not more. I was told I would be getting the album with the enhance 6X6 photos and the cd ( as we purchased the cd) 3 weeks later. We are week 2 and still nothing. I was told we would get a website address to see the photos ahead of time but when I called yesterday about it, they told me I would be getting an email with all the info 3 weeks after the photoshoot too. I asked about the resolution of the cd and was told it was high res. which would be great for up to 8X12 photos. Once I get the actually album and cd, I will upodate you on the quality of it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #102
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

I am so confused ...I currently have the 20 min. session booked for my DD's senior pictures in October and starting to wonder if that's not going to be enough time. She's now saying she may want to change outfits and wants some pics on the beach and maybe inside (we switched the location from the GF to the BC). I really didn't want to shell out $400 for the hour session (we need the CD) but am now wondering if I should just book two 20min. sessions instead... I'd get more time and still save $100 as each 20 min. session includes the CD... any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #103
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
I am so confused ...I currently have the 20 min. session booked for my DD's senior pictures in October and starting to wonder if that's not going to be enough time. She's now saying she may want to change outfits and wants some pics on the beach and maybe inside (we switched the location from the GF to the BC). I really didn't want to shell out $400 for the hour session (we need the CD) but am now wondering if I should just book two 20min. sessions instead... I'd get more time and still save $100 as each 20 min. session includes the CD... any thoughts?
If she wants to change clothes this may be your best bet. I would not want to pay £400 for a session and have 20 minutes wasted for changing outfits. I suspect the photographers won't make that 'changing time' up for you as they would have to work around other bookings.

Does she want a complete change of outfits? Is it possible for her to have layers on to remove something, or throw a wrap over the top to change the 'look' which she could do while strolling to the next spot for the photos so as not to waste time? I don't have a teen (yet) so not sure how helpful I can be but those were my thoughts. It's a lot of money otherwise
Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM   #104
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I think I want to book the $150 session for my family in November. Does anyone know if AKL will be decorated for Christmas by the 13th? I don't really want Christmas decor in my pics.

Also, I bought white dresses for myself and my daughters for pics this summer that we never had taken. Would it be crazy to wear those in November at AKL? I would put dh and ds in jeans and white shirts.

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 PM   #105
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
If she wants to change clothes this may be your best bet. I would not want to pay £400 for a session and have 20 minutes wasted for changing outfits. I suspect the photographers won't make that 'changing time' up for you as they would have to work around other bookings.

Does she want a complete change of outfits? Is it possible for her to have layers on to remove something, or throw a wrap over the top to change the 'look' which she could do while strolling to the next spot for the photos so as not to waste time? I don't have a teen (yet) so not sure how helpful I can be but those were my thoughts. It's a lot of money otherwise
She's thinking of changing into a completely different outfit - jeans a nice top for some pics and a summer dress for others. She's just worried that 20 min won't be enough time to capture enough shots going from one location to another. Yet, last year (before the photoshoot changes) I believe we only had 30 min. or so for our family photoshoot and we got so many pics at different spots at the GF and it was more than enough time. Not sure why I'm struggling with this. I think I'm going to just book one extra 20 min. session, this way I won't make myself nuts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: