Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #106
ItsAnonymous
Earning My Ears

As a tech geek who's waited in line for things like iPads, iPhones and even the Touchpad then I've seen these "hard to find" products bring out the worst in people.

I need to get Rapunzel for my daughter but she is likely to be the last so My fear is that the popularity of these things for resale is growing and by the time Rapunzel is available then the lines will be more scalpers than collectors.

BTW. Anyone know what time online sales start? The wife would love Mulan so I'll head to the store at 830 but if I could buy online I'd prefer to do that.
ItsAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #107
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAnonymous View Post
As a tech geek who's waited in line for things like iPads, iPhones and even the Touchpad then I've seen these "hard to find" products bring out the worst in people.

I need to get Rapunzel for my daughter but she is likely to be the last so My fear is that the popularity of these things for resale is growing and by the time Rapunzel is available then the lines will be more scalpers than collectors.

BTW. Anyone know what time online sales start? The wife would love Mulan so I'll head to the store at 830 but if I could buy online I'd prefer to do that.
When Ariel came out I checked at right after midnight and it was not online, but then when I got up at 6:30 to get my son ready for school it was on there. So sometime between those times.

Commando #133

*sarah* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #108
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if they will be making those scarves for each princess?? They are so pretty, and I sure wouldn't mind an Ariel one!! I bought the Ariel scarf that came out when her new DL ride came out and I LOVE it. But it sure was a whole lot cheaper that these this Designer Collection is so pricey!!

Commando #133

Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #109
Hannahlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

So its 1:35 AM here and Im actually staying up to buy the next disney doll. I have not bought any of them and yet and it kills me. Im NOT going to miss this one!!! lol yes I am obsessed.
Hannahlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 AM   #110
dobiemom
Earning My Ears

I was up at 5:30 am and Mulan was on sale so I managed to get her before getting ready for work!

Those scarves are gorgeous, I'd like to see any other designs too if they have them.
dobiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #111
ItsAnonymous
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post
I was up at 5:30 am and Mulan was on sale so I managed to get her before getting ready for work!
Its 530PST and when I try ordering Mulan it says "The product you have selected cannot be purchased at this time."
Old 09-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #112
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!

I think Mulan is sold out now online, I tried.

It says "select stores" get them - what does that mean LOL?! Closest store to me is an hour away, I hate to drive that far and find they don't have them.
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #113
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiemom View Post

Those scarves are gorgeous, I'd like to see any other designs too if they have them.
Glad you got her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel View Post
I think Mulan is sold out now online, I tried.

It says "select stores" get them - what does that mean LOL?! Closest store to me is an hour away, I hate to drive that far and find they don't have them.

WOW!! I went and checked just to see and yes she is sold out!!! That is insane. So glad Ariel already came out and I got her cause if she was one of the last ones I don't think I'd have a chance of getting her with as fast as they are selling now.
On the Disney Store facebook page it had a list of all the stores carrying the dolls. Cause not every one of them does. You might check there to see the list. Otherwise I'm not sure where to find out.

Commando #133

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM   #114
ItsAnonymous
Earning My Ears

Mulan now is sold out?!?! This isn't a good sign for legitimate collectors because Mulan is one of the less popular princesses yet previous characters lasted FAR longer than a 5AM sellout. Im worried that the ebay crowd is hoarding on these now and if thats the case then we're in trouble...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #115
poohbear158
DIS Veteran

I got up at 3am EST and got Mulan at 3:30am. I am so upset that I missed Ariel. Our power was out so I could not get her online and our local Disney Store doesn't carry these dolls. Ariel is my daughters favorite. I posted on the facebook Disney Store page that I have a Cinderella and a Belle that I could trade for an Ariel, but of course no takers . I do not want to pay the crazy ebay prices. I wish I knew someone in Canada or the UK that could buy her for me and have her shipped to me.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #116
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Cannot believe Mulan sold out so fast! I think there should be a 1 limit to be honest. You know for sure there will be a whole bunch popping up on Ebay shortly.

Did get mine, however, now have to wait for her to get here, Disney shipping is so slow!

Not sure I want to have to get up by 5am every Monday morning!!! Hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to be up by 3am to get the doll. Total insanity.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #117
LovinmyDisneylife
Mouseketeer

Well I stayed up refreshing my webpage till about 2:15 am cst until I fell asleep. I woke up this morning to see that she is SOLD OUT! So I pulled out my computer and called the closest Disney Stores to my area (which is 4 hours away) and found a location that had 4 of the dolls and were willing to ship it to me. I was so relieved. The CM put me on hold and I got disconnected. It took me 5 mins before they answered again and they had 1 left. I paid for it and they said she'd be on her way today. Shipping was $10.95. Definitely try calling some Disney Stores close by if anyone missed out on her online. It's worth a shot

D23 Day One Charter Member2002-All Star Music, 2004-All Star Sports, 2006-Honeymoon at Pop Century, 2007-All Star Movies, Feb 2009-AKL (joined DVC), May 2009-SSR, June 2009-Disneyland Hotel, July 2009-Pop Century, Sept 2009-Grand Californian for D23 Expo, Oct 2009-SSR, Jan 2010-AKV-Kidani, May 2010-AKV-Kidani, August 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, Sept 2010-AKV-Kidani, Oct 2010-Caribbean Beach for D23 Sip & Stroll, Dec 2010-Disney Wonder Cruise, May/June 2011-BWV/AKV-Kidani, July 2011-SSR, August 2011-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2011-VWL, Oct 2011-Disney Dream Cruise, Dec 2011-Pop Century for D23 Magic & Merriment, March 2012-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2012-AKV-Jambo/BCV, July 2012-Disney Fantasy Cruise, Oct/Nov 2012-AKV-Jambo, Dec 2012-Disney Dream Cruise, Jan 2013-AKV-Kidani, May/June 2013-BLT, Aug 2013-VGC for D23 Expo, Oct 2013-VGF, Dec 2013-BLT, Jan 2014-Disney Magic Cruise, March 2014-Disney Magic Cruise.
LovinmyDisneylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #118
Shivatopia
Mouseketeer

On the one hand, I want to say: "Unbelieveable!" But it is believeable, given the trends set by the Ariel and Belle dolls. It appears that Mulan sold out online in a matter of a few hours! I hope it doesn't get any worse for the remaining 6 dolls for the actual collectors out there, because this is terrible!

It appears to me that a few things are going on here: 1.) Collectors are submitting their purchase orders more quickly out of fear that they won't be able to get the dolls, 2.) the eBay-type sellers have realized that the dolls are in demand with limited availability and buying the dolls en masse (if you go on eBay, it's pretty easy to pick out which sellers bought multiple dolls for sale, because their listings are all identical, pictures, wording, and all), and 3.) I am also assuming that Disney may be distributing a few more dolls to the stores that are selling them, either in their initial shipments or in a secondary shipment a few days after release.

I wish Disney's online store could somehow recognize duplicate shipping addresses or payment cards in relation to the dolls, and then hold people to only 2 dolls per household. I am convinced that the people buying to only turn a profit (I'm not talking about someone who collects one and buys a second to maybe sell), are placing one order after another online.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #119
*sarah*
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all of you who were able to get Mulan. Sorry to those who didn't. This is crazy how fast they sell out. I just hate those money hungry ebay people who are stocking up on them.

Commando #133

Old 09-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #120
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAnonymous View Post
Mulan now is sold out?!?! This isn't a good sign for legitimate collectors because Mulan is one of the less popular princesses yet previous characters lasted FAR longer than a 5AM sellout. Im worried that the ebay crowd is hoarding on these now and if thats the case then we're in trouble...
Got up at 5am this morning and purchased our Mulan. One thing I thought that I would bring up is that Mulan was LE 6,000 where as Cinderalla, Ariel, and Belle were LE 8,000. Not all the princesses will have the same # available. From the Disney folks that I have spoke to, the LE will range from 4,000 to 8,000. So with the lower # for Mulan, that probably had a part to do w/ the quicker sellout. So be warned!

I agree, that Disneystore should be limiting 1 per household. The scalpers and ebayers are out of control. When Belle sold out, I checked e-bay and there were a bunch of Cinderellas, Ariels, & Belles along with some pre-sells for Mulan. The prices were anywhere from $100 - $600, with the most common bids at $250-$300. Really!?
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: