Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1276
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

So in the interest of 9/11 (which I am fascinated with and I'm not sure why), I have decided to post a few of the flag pics I took while in Williamsburg. I am also fascinated with flags, but the American flag in particular.

So let us Never Forgot!

Love this picture. It was taken near the Norfolk naval base as the air carrier Enterprise was coming back to dock after the hurricane.

God Bless America!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #1277
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Beautiful tribute to 9/11 Mary Ellen!! Again, your talent amazes me, I have never seen pictures like that on here!! Great job. My best friend's husband in in the Navy, stationed in Norfolk, so I just texted her to ask if that is his ship. Small world!!

I am fascinated with the coverage with the 10 year anniv. being tomorrow and I can't seem to get enough of it! I actually won concert tickets to an outdoor venue tomorrow night, and as much as I love the 2 bands that are playing, it seems so disrespectful to go. I wish I wouldn't of told my daughter about the tix, she will be a tyrant forever if we don't go! lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #1278
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Nothing better than the margarita's at The Ditch...pure yumminess and a great break from the afternoon heat...or late morning which did happen a couple of times

I can't pull myself away from the TV tonight...I've got it on while I'm on the laptop! I am having my cup of tea, have the box of kleenex from the bathroom and I am sobbing as I listen to the parents, spouses talk about their loved ones...I still can't believe it's been 10 years We must never forget! Beautiful pictures of the flags....they are stunning, thank you for sharing with us
Old 09-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #1280
nilla
The sky is falling!

Wow, that dinner looked AMAZING. We may be eating in Mexico next year, but sadly, I don't think there (is that a 2-crediter?).

If you need noodle advice, I can educate you to the simple "noodle chair" (one noodle around the backside), and for the more experienced noodler, the "noodle recliner", with a noodle under your arms and another under your ankles, held together at the waist.

Also, Dylan claims to have STOOD on a noodle for over an hour last weekend, but I didn't see it, so I can neither confirm or deny
Old 09-11-2011, 01:43 AM   #1281
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Flags, Mary Ellen! Small world - that's my friend's son's ship, too! There was a beautiful Flight 93 memorial dedication in PA today. We will be remembering at church tomorrow, so I might miss the NY broadcast, but it will probably make me mad anyway - I'm furious that first responders and clergy are not invited. It is amazing to me how fresh the pain can feel even after 10 yrs, and we didn't lose anyone in our family - although my BIL was at the Pentagon so it was a very stressful day for us.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #1282
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm still here, Mary Ellen! I love reading all the posts.

Gorgeous flag pictures!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #1283
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hi! Delinquent trip partner here. Sorry you've been feeling abandoned, MEK. Personally I think this TR is far from a dud, but I may be a bit biased! Thank you for taking on the responsibility of a TR. I know it's a lot of work. I really appreciate it and have enjoyed reliving our trip.

The fine art of noodling. I am looking forward to some more practice next month. Just stick with it. You'll get it.

I loved this night of our trip. I am a sucker for Mexican food anywhere but in this atmosphere it just seems special. Unfortunately, I think I had too much guacamole before dinner. But I adore avocado and just can't stay away. Ironically I have not yet tried the avocado margarita but that is on my October list, for sure!

We did wait an awfully long time for our table but as you said we were having fun chatting and not sure we really cared. Especially when we got that amazing and perfect table. As well as a particularly charming server, if I recall.

Some pictures as we were waiting. Love dusk in WDW!

Inside the restaurant

And one of fireworks before I decided to put down the camera and just enjoy.

I thought dinner was delicious. I had the tilapia and it was YUMMY! It also comes with tortillas so you can make tacos if you want to.

Nilla - I don't think it is a 2-credit restaurant... give it a try!

I don't remember feeling rushed at all and we were able to walk out, toward our private entrance/exit, through a very nearly empty park. A near perfect evening!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #1284
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

First of all, I have to say that I cannot use a pool noodle for that it was intended at ALL. My mom, however, is great at it, and can hang out on one for hours. Me, not so much. I find trying to keep track of it a bit stressful and would rather just float.

Your night at EPCOT sounds like it was pretty much perfect. The ritas look great. I'll have to try one sometime. A drink in Disney that actually packs a punch...that sounds good.

Dinner looked great, too. Can't wait 'till Max is old enough and we can do dinner during Illuminations like that. Great update.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #1285
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love the cute Vera but oh no on your AP nearly expiring. Yay on enjoying The Ditch - your drink sure looks great!

Mmm I love shrimp so those tacos sound tempting.

Thanks for sharing the flag pics - it sure is a hard day for some today and can't believe it has been 10 years.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #1286
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

LOL, I don't think your TR is turning into a dud!

I love noodles for the pool! I've never used one in a Disney pool, though! Maybe if I ever stay at BC again, I'll remember to get one!

Yay I'm glad you finally went to the Ditch (why do you call it that again??? )! This is the 2nd time in 2 days I've seen that jalapeno margarita mentioned and I kind of want to try it...but I don't like spicy hot things! We'll see if I'm brave enough (in 18 days!!! )!

Dinner looks like it was great and I LOVE being one of the last ones to leave Epcot! It's so peaceful, walking around WS with pretty much no one around. I always wonder how long you can wander the park before getting kicked out?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #1287
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I"m still here and still reading!!!! This ain't no dud!!!! Love the flag pictures!

I hope to convince my family to eat at La Hacienda for Illuminations some night, but only two of the four of us are into mexican food.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #1288
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
First of all, I have to say that I cannot use a pool noodle for that it was intended at ALL. My mom, however, is great at it, and can hang out on one for hours. Me, not so much. I find trying to keep track of it a bit stressful and would rather just float.

Your night at EPCOT sounds like it was pretty much perfect. The ritas look great. I'll have to try one sometime. A drink in Disney that actually packs a punch...that sounds good.

Dinner looked great, too. Can't wait 'till Max is old enough and we can do dinner during Illuminations like that. Great update.
I don't really think noodles were intended to sit on, but to go under your arms, or to hang on to and kick. That being said, I recently took a water aerobics class where they had us use them for a seahorse. I learned you have to put most of it up behind you to balance out your front

Mary Ellen, I meant to say that I don't think your report is a dud, either. I think alot of back to school stuff has distracted everyone for the past week, as well as holidays and vacations, but things will settle down again. Nice pics, Christine!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #1289
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Certainly sounds like a lovely evening at Epcot! Mexico is one of my favourite pavillions. Its just so pretty, especially at night. The new restaurant sounds nice - and so do those ritas!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #1290
MEK
DIS Veteran

So I needed a little break from the trip reports yesterday. Seems I found myself in social networking overload!!!!! I kind of got bummed out about the fact that I post on several people's TR and FB pages repeatedly and I never get so much as a "like" from them on anything I post. I know it is totally immature to feel that way, so I knew I needed a reprieve for a day! I needed to "get a life", so to speak.

It's weird, because I feel like I have alot more free time since Brian left for school, so I've channeled it into more social networking time and I think I may be a bit addicted. Maybe that's why I was a FB resistor for awhile. Plus I don't get the people who have an account on FB and just "lurk". What's up with that? It's a little creepy!

I really appreciate everyone who has been following this TR and posting on a regular basis. I am going to do replies and hopefully get another update up soon.

Also - thank you to everyone who checked out my 9/11 video on youtube. I really appreciate it! Being an amateur musician is such a weird thing. You think something is decent, but you never really know if you are being biased and perhaps you really stink. Plus I never want to be perceived as too self-serving. Then when I play at church there are so many rules and regulations and I always feel like I have no artistic freedom. It's really going out on a limb for me to promote stuff I post because I mostly do it in silence. So -THANKS to those who took the time to listen!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 09-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: