Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #706
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmie View Post
I just wanted to say this is the best and most detailed trip report I have ever read. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to not only gather all this info and the pics whilst you were onboard but to then post everything. You have me wanting to book a Dream cruise so much I cannot even tell you.
Awww shucks...thanks!

I wonder how many people have decided to cruise DCL because of my trippies I've had over 2 dozen DISers write to me since 2005 (when I did my first DCL video) to say that my reports and videos have convinced them to book a cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
Yes she is one of the best Travel agents around!! (And me!..lol)
Here's to u Timon...great job!!
Awwww, D, you're such an amazing lady! You were one of the reasons this cruise was so awesome! Maybe they will have an AEP for the Fantasy and we can all go again I call dibs on you guys as table mates again
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #707
tessasmom
Mouseketeer

Not to sound stupid but, what post can I find the video in? I can't find it.

AoA 11/2013~Fantasy Eastern 11/2013
DREAM 12/4/2011~ FANTASY 11/30/13~ AOA 11/28/13~POP 12/1/2011~WDW too many times to count as a child!
tessasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #708
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessasmom View Post
Not to sound stupid but, what post can I find the video in? I can't find it.
The link is in the very first post....but instead of making you go search...here it is

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post40107682

There's a lot of links in that post so don't worry, you didn't sound stupid at all
Old 06-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #709
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I just finished reading everything! I have a question for you.

We're thinking of taking our DD on our first cruise in 2013 when she will have just turned 4. Do you think that's a good age or should we wait one more year? It will probably be the first of many cruises for us. My DH wants to wait, but I can't stand it! Thanks for any thoughts!!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #710
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I just finished reading everything! I have a question for you.

We're thinking of taking our DD on our first cruise in 2013 when she will have just turned 4. Do you think that's a good age or should we wait one more year? It will probably be the first of many cruises for us. My DH wants to wait, but I can't stand it! Thanks for any thoughts!!
Well, I guess it really depends on your child because they are all very different. My daughter is 4 and a half right now and I would KILL to take her on the Dream right now because I know she would LOVELOVELOVE it!!! Between the awesome kids clubs and the amazing restaurants, splash area, movie theatre, Mickey Pool and slide, the princesses, Castaway Cay....OMG, she would probably pee in her pants

But my daughter is pretty independent and will do things on her own...if you have a really shy little girl who doesn't like to participate then it would probably be better if you waited a year.

If you need a great TA when it comes to book your cruise, feel free to contact me
Old 06-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #711
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Well, I guess it really depends on your child because they are all very different. My daughter is 4 and a half right now and I would KILL to take her on the Dream right now because I know she would LOVELOVELOVE it!!! Between the awesome kids clubs and the amazing restaurants, splash area, movie theatre, Mickey Pool and slide, the princesses, Castaway Cay....OMG, she would probably pee in her pants

But my daughter is pretty independent and will do things on her own...if you have a really shy little girl who doesn't like to participate then it would probably be better if you waited a year.

If you need a great TA when it comes to book your cruise, feel free to contact me
Thanks! It's hard to say what she'll be like in 2 years, but she's very independent and loves playing with other kids. By then she will have been in preschool for a year too, so i think that will help. Plus, while I hope she'll want to spend every waking moment at the kids clubs, I also would be happy if we had to spend nearly every moment with her.

Since you mentioned the TA thing.. I think the 2013 cruises will be available for booking in Octoberish? Do you know how that usually comes out, will we have an idea about itineraries and things before booking is available? Maybe we should PM each other.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #712
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
AGREED! Cass is the BEST!!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #713
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerneeds View Post
AGREED! Cass is the BEST!!
Awww, thanks Dawg
Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #714
microsan
Mouseketeer

Hi there,

Even if I think my level in written English is not so bad, I still can't find right words to show my gratitude for being so kind with other fellow DISreaders : plenty of pics, a lot (euphemism) of advices, a wonderful video full of magic and pixie dust. This is with no doubt the best ever TR I've ever read. And believe it or not but as a former travel agent during 10 years, I've read hundreds of them.

As a lot of other DISers, you've made even stronger my wish to set sail on a Disney Cruise (the sooner the better). Even-more remarkable considering I'm "swimming" in Disney magic 5 days a week -10 hours a day- and you could probably think I wish to escape from it during my holidays.

Then a few questions for you after reading your amazing TR in 2 afternoons of time :

a) based on public rates (as I still don't know if I will get a chance to have discount) do you think the price difference between standard and concierge staterooms is worth the expense ?
b) my girlfriend is totally unable to speak a single word of english (except no speak english, Yes and No LOL). I'm trying to convince her to try it and sail with me but she's afraid of being lost in any sense of the words, if you know what I mean.

Do you know if DCL might be able to offer some documentations in foreign languages (such as Navs, menus in restaurants, etc..). I can translate for her but I think she may be "frustrated" as she can't enjoy everything properly..

Thank you once again for your very hard & breathtaking report.

Magically yours,

An oversea "mate"
- Sept 26. to Oct 6th 98 : Walt Disney World & Florida greatest spots discovery - stayed off site
microsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #715
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by microsan View Post
Hi there,

Even if I think my level in written English is not so bad, I still can't find right words to show my gratitude for being so kind with other fellow DISreaders : plenty of pics, a lot (euphemism) of advices, a wonderful video full of magic and pixie dust. This is with no doubt the best ever TR I've ever read. And believe it or not but as a former travel agent during 10 years, I've read hundreds of them.

As a lot of other DISers, you've made even stronger my wish to set sail on a Disney Cruise (the sooner the better). Even-more remarkable considering I'm "swimming" in Disney magic 5 days a week -10 hours a day- and you could probably think I wish to escape from it during my holidays.

Then a few questions for you after reading your amazing TR in 2 afternoons of time :

a) based on public rates (as I still don't know if I will get a chance to have discount) do you think the price difference between standard and concierge staterooms is worth the expense ?
b) my girlfriend is totally unable to speak a single word of english (except no speak english, Yes and No LOL). I'm trying to convince her to try it and sail with me but she's afraid of being lost in any sense of the words, if you know what I mean.

Do you know if DCL might be able to offer some documentations in foreign languages (such as Navs, menus in restaurants, etc..). I can translate for her but I think she may be "frustrated" as she can't enjoy everything properly..

Thank you once again for your very hard & breathtaking report.

Magically yours,

An oversea "mate"
Sent you a PM
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #716
DisneyDiana!
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all of your hard work in creating this TR. This was truly an amazing TR and I just absolutely loved it!
DisneyDiana! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #717
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Cass...the Art of Theme Ship Tour CM on your tour was named Pierre-Luc....he is on the Fantasy now....I just had him lead our tour on the Fantasy this June. I can tell you that he did not have to refer to any notes....he has it down pat now!!!

I loved the tour!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #718
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Cass...the Art of Theme Ship Tour CM on your tour was named Pierre-Luc....he is on the Fantasy now....I just had him lead our tour on the Fantasy this June. I can tell you that he did not have to refer to any notes....he has it down pat now!!!

I loved the tour!

MJ
Hahaha, oh good I've seen him in several people's trip reports ever since...looks like he has turned into a really good CM

Thanks for letting me know his name MJ
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #719
Dyerneeds
chics dig the scar

since we leave for a Dream cruise in a few weeks, its time to revisit (and memorize) this thread so we know what to do and where to go!

sure hope we dont get lost!
Underdog and Tart Girl BOBing on the Magic, Plus the Mystery of the Red Br@ FE
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2363525
It's here... Our Trip Report, 2007
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post21828257
Dyerneeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #720
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

subscribed...

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: