Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #1396
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottles View Post
Congratulations to you, too! Your wedding is coming up so soon! I can't even imagine at this point.

So you really think the risk of getting a turret is worth it? Do the jacuzzi ones have extra space, or is it just the turret rooms? I'm worried because I really don't want to get stuck with a view of the construction, you know?
Yeah--It's definately worth the risk for the guaruntee of the King Bed. There's extra room in both. I would do it for sure. I wanted it for our stay, but it wasn't available

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxliz28xx View Post
Good thinking wedding twin! Carolyn Allen's is coming by my room at 8am so I'm in the same boat pretty much!
Yeah--I'm trying to come up with a solution. I know I'll need something for sure--I'm thinking room service is the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
If no one comes up with it, I would call the GF and ask for them to send you a copy. When you tell them it's for the morning of your wedding and you are staying at the GF I am sure they will be more than happy to help!
Great idea!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiind View Post
LuvLuvLuv,

When is your wedding? I am taking my family in little over a week, and could get it for you then and post it. Getting there the 21st.

FYI, work nearby in Mason, OH!

Doug
The wedding isn't until November... so if you think about it--that would be great! Thanks for the offer!!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #1397
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Yeah--It's definately worth the risk for the guaruntee of the King Bed. There's extra room in both. I would do it for sure. I wanted it for our stay, but it wasn't available
The Jacuzzi Deluxe King rooms are NOT bigger than the normal rooms. They just seem bigger because one King Bed takes up less space than two queens.

The turret rooms are HUGE, but no balcony.

In any case, congrats and enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #1398
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Wow! The thread is moving quickly the last few days!

bottles - Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

The MK view rooms in the main building are located in the same area as the rectangular king deluxe rooms. At this point, I think I'd take either of those rooms over the octagonal (turret) king deluxe rooms, due to the construction. Even though the turret rooms are my favorite, the possible noise would make me leery.

For me, there's no other resort like the GF, so I'd definitely choose to do a split, but I'm biased. ETA: You are more likely to get the rectangular room than the turret, as there are 9 rectangular/6 turret. Simply inform IPO that you much prefer the 2nd floor king deluxe, they will make every effort to please you.

Here are the two deluxe king layouts, if anyone is interested:

LuvLuvLuv - I have the menus from August 2010, I'm pretty sure they are the same today:

*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 09-08-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #1399
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

LuvLuvLuv - oops! I see you didn't want the Gasparilla's menu, but the PD menu! Sorry! I do have the PD menu, but can't remember if I have it uploaded to photobucket - I'll check, and if I don't, try to get it sometime today.

Are you looking for the breakfast menu? Or lunch? I can get all of it, but it will be quicker if I know what you most want now.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1400
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
LuvLuvLuv - oops! I see you didn't want the Gasparilla's menu, but the PD menu! Sorry! I do have the PD menu, but can't remember if I have it uploaded to photobucket - I'll check, and if I don't, try to get it sometime today.

Are you looking for the breakfast menu? Or lunch? I can get all of it, but it will be quicker if I know what you most want now.
I'm looking for breakfast Thanks for the other one anyway!! Very helpful!!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #1401
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

OK - I think I have everything uploaded; these photos were taken March 8, 2011. Here is the PD menu with the breakfast pages:

2nd page:

Breakfast:

Breakfast, cont.:

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 09-08-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #1402
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

GF Private Dining menu, cont.:
Lunch:

Children's Menu, Pizza and To Go Lunch:

Dinner:

Late night:

Wine:
Old 09-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #1403
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Thank you sooooooo much!!! It looks great---I'm definately going with this!!

((I'm thinking I'll take my own $12.99 bottle of Rosa Regale, lol))

Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #1404
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

GF Private Dining Menu, Celebrations/Snacks/Amenities:

Snacks:

Celebrations:

Special Amenities:
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #1405
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you sooooooo much!!! It looks great---I'm definately going with this!!

((I'm thinking I'll take my own $12.99 bottle of Rosa Regale, lol))

You are very welcome, glad I could help.

LOL regarding the wine! Good idea.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #1406
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Thanks for sharing those menus!!! I am sure December will be here quick
And my favorite! No Disney trip is complete with spending some time with Rosa
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #1407
penlanspice
Addicted 2 disney

Quote:
Happy Wednesday Everyone

Anyone have a picture of the private dining menu?? I checked the menu on allears and it was from 2009. Trying to figure out breakfast the morning of the wedding since club level isn't available. The lady steaming my dress and his suit is coming at 7:30am and said she would be there for about 45 minutes-an hour. After that, it's too close to run out... unless I just go to Gasparillas Not what I was visioning

Much appreciated if you have it!
This just reminded me of my wedding day my hair was done complete with tiara and whilst Caroline Allen was steaming my dress and my mum was getting her hair done my bridesmaids and me went up to the lounge for breakfast! it was pretty early so not many people about, I even made my own toast...lol

Our Dream Disney Wedding - September 19th 2006
WP-WH Room-Living seas - UK Lower
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #1408
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
Old 09-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #1409
momatater
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

Well, after a very interesting trip getting here from PA, WE ARE AT THE GRAND!!!!! We are in RPC room 3407. Great view of the castle! :cool This resort is SO georgous as usual...no surprises there! I will check out the walled of area where the rumored DVC is going up in more detail, but what we saw from the monorail, it's not too bad!

We arrived in Orlando very late, so we decided to sleep a bit longer than we normally would and headed over here around 9ish. Got checked in (room not ready, but was ready by noon) and went to MK. All I can say, is I'm very surprised that all the rides were walk on, except Splash and Space Mountains, but I never saw the times go above 10 mins, but they were more like 5 mins max! As the day progressed, Peter Pans Flight started to build and by 7 it was posted at 1 hour. Just about every fast pass return time were about 30-35 mins when we got them. We did use them a few times, but honestly, really didn't need to!

Park was very busy tonight when we returned. We are all super tired from the stressfull travel delays, so we met up with DH's Brother and family and did a few things with them, and called it a night. We decided to leave before the ELP, but will see that later during the trip.

LOVE the new HM added interactive stuff! Don't really like the new lap bars on Splash, but they aren't too restricting, so although I don't like it, I'm sure that people feel safer and Disney no longer has to worry about any guests doing crazy stuff anymore.

Came back to the room and watched the fireworks from our room.

Off to bed...DHS tomorrow morning, but we are not doing the TSMM crazy rush, plan on getting to the park around 930ish.

Any questions, just ask. I will answer the best I can!

Stephanie
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #1410
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momatater View Post
Hi Everyone!

Well, after a very interesting trip getting here from PA, WE ARE AT THE GRAND!!!!! We are in RPC room 3407. Great view of the castle! :cool This resort is SO georgous as usual...no surprises there! I will check out the walled of area where the rumored DVC is going up in more detail, but what we saw from the monorail, it's not too bad!

We arrived in Orlando very late, so we decided to sleep a bit longer than we normally would and headed over here around 9ish. Got checked in (room not ready, but was ready by noon) and went to MK. All I can say, is I'm very surprised that all the rides were walk on, except Splash and Space Mountains, but I never saw the times go above 10 mins, but they were more like 5 mins max! As the day progressed, Peter Pans Flight started to build and by 7 it was posted at 1 hour. Just about every fast pass return time were about 30-35 mins when we got them. We did use them a few times, but honestly, really didn't need to!

Park was very busy tonight when we returned. We are all super tired from the stressfull travel delays, so we met up with DH's Brother and family and did a few things with them, and called it a night. We decided to leave before the ELP, but will see that later during the trip.

LOVE the new HM added interactive stuff! Don't really like the new lap bars on Splash, but they aren't too restricting, so although I don't like it, I'm sure that people feel safer and Disney no longer has to worry about any guests doing crazy stuff anymore.

Came back to the room and watched the fireworks from our room.

Off to bed...DHS tomorrow morning, but we are not doing the TSMM crazy rush, plan on getting to the park around 930ish.

Any questions, just ask. I will answer the best I can!

Stephanie
Love to hear all the above. I even sent my friend a link. We'll be right there with 'ya in two more days. After an extremely stressful and sad time we DEFINITELY need this break.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: