Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #211
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of you and Minnie in your signature! That mouse has quite the wardrobe!

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
mom3sonstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #212
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
I love the picture of you and Minnie in your signature! That mouse has quite the wardrobe!
She does doesn't she! Not the best picture of me, it was WINDY but I had to stop her and get a snap when she happened to walk by. And she looks fabulous I think! Glad I did as I didn't see her again in her Alaska get up.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #213
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home Cynthia! I just got back from our vacation yesterday, so trying to catch up here. I can't wait to read your adventure, and I didn't even recognize Minnie in your siggie until I saw the post above! She does have a good image consultant, I think!

ETA: Love the boarding pic - looks like you are ready to have fun! ITA about the lack of info on boarding. The boards are such a good source prior to sailing the first time. I still had trouble reading our dinner tickets this time - Jim figured it out and he's not even on the DIS!

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 09-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #214
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ninja beer skills.

So the rules about bringing stuff on board are..bring whatever you want and however much you want. BUT it has to be in your carry on luggage. You can't check it thru.

Rules for crossing the border are 2 bottles of wine OR 1.25L of alcohol OR some equivalent volume in beer. No mix and match approach.
wonder if my 72 can igloo 5 day cooler would count as a carry on?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #215
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have to admit that I am a little impatient for you to get on with this cruise TR. I am dying to see your pictures!!!!!! I'll try to be patient!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #216
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Welcome Home Cynthia! I just got back from our vacation yesterday, so trying to catch up here. I can't wait to read your adventure, and I didn't even recognize Minnie in your siggie until I saw the post above! She does have a good image consultant, I think!
You didn't recognize Minnie? She looked rather fab I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
ETA: Love the boarding pic - looks like you are ready to have fun! ITA about the lack of info on boarding. The boards are such a good source prior to sailing the first time. I still had trouble reading our dinner tickets this time - Jim figured it out and he's not even on the DIS!
The funny thing is that I read our dinner tickets right...for the first few nights. One day however we made an incorrect assumption as to our location and the funny part of it is that our table mates did the same thing, we ALL went to the wrong place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
wonder if my 72 can igloo 5 day cooler would count as a carry on?
Supposedly you aren't allowed to bring a cooler. Not sure if they count a cooler bag. We had an insulated tote that was full and no one blinked an eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have to admit that I am a little impatient for you to get on with this cruise TR. I am dying to see your pictures!!!!!! I'll try to be patient!
Soon! Maybe tonight. I had a busy weekend. Eric turned 11 yesterday and my weekend was spent painting his room (SO sad to paint over the cute car mural it seemed like I painted yesterday), enjoying some amazing weather (finally) at the lake and then a birthday breakfast and dinner. I have at least sorted through the first 3 days of pictures and uploaded all of day 1 so I have enough for an update. I spent FAR too much time sat morning looking at my Tracy Arm pictures, seeing which ones zoomed in best on the seals.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #217
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Eric!!

And spending time with your vacation pictures is always time well spent! That's why you take them, to relieve your memories!! And I will be very grateful for a good selection of seal pictures, I love seals.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #218
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Birthday to Eric!!

And spending time with your vacation pictures is always time well spent! That's why you take them, to relieve your memories!! And I will be very grateful for a good selection of seal pictures, I love seals.
Thanks! I think he had a good one, or at least he sure said so! Best birthday ever according to him, not sure why as we didn't do anything super special but he loved his day and that's all that matters.

The seals are so cute! Though in truth better seen by my zoomed in pictures than they were by the naked eye. I had an update almost done yesterday and my computer shut down and I hadn't saved it so...hope to get it up today. I broke down and bought a cooling pad for the laptop, hopefully that will avoid future shut downs like it's been doing.

Seals are a bit off though but I promise LOTS of seal pics!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #219
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #221
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

E. Oar.

After a quick bag drop and verandah scope out, and the mandatory hanging of the FE, we headed to the Promenade lounge for our DIS meet. We were a bit late. It started at 3 and I think we got there at 3:15-3:20. Though not naturally shy by nature, I was a bit with my entire family in tow and seeing the folks had already really hooked up into groups and were chatting away. We did chat with one family, interestingly enough one I’d chatted with more than most on our cruise FB private group page…that lives not too far from us! Super nice family, sadly their adorable daughter was younger than the E’s so no “click” there with the kids but we enjoyed chatting with the parents. I’d been hoping the boys could meet some boys there age but the few I saw were pretty deep in conversation with their families and I didn’t want to intrude. I actually felt a lot better upon our return seeing on the FB page that most on our cruise thread and FB group seemed to be in the same boat, not really meeting very many other DISers “live”. With antsy boys and men, who wanted to check out the ship we headed up to try and catch a glimpse or two before muster time.

Apparently, the rest of the world was otherwise occupied. Perhaps unpacking before the drill and the sail away? Not a clue but it felt like we were the only ones onboard!

I think this was trying to tell us something

So, satisfied with our quick peek of a seemingly empty boat we headed to our muster station. Which was E, on deck 4. Our very lively lifeboat group leader (she had some official name for whatever they call it but I’ve no idea) would loudly say our location “E” and we’d repeat “Eeeeee!”.

And then Jeff would go “OAR”.

As in E.Oar.

Eeyore.

It became a recurring joke throughout the trip between the two of us. It was short, painless and jacket free so with our official job done it was time for the sail away party!

Although we were going to Alaska, that didn’t stop them from offering the Drink of the Day.

It was more than we wanted to spend so we all filled up at the drink station, cokes for the kids and cokes that Jeff then took down to the stateroom to “doctor”.

We weren’t exactly positioned well to see much. Except look, here were all the people! And the glare of the 4:30 sun, I definitely did not have my camera on the best setting for this and didn't realize it at the time. Oh well.

Eric didn’t care, he got into it. I mean really into it! My pictures didn't capture it all that well given the angle I was at but he was bouncing up and down like Tigger. Evan on the other hand was a bit too cool for his own britches and not all that interested.

Amazing what a zoom lens can do

Party complete we moved to find a good viewing spot to sail away under Lion’s Gate Bridge and took a view pictures from our berth

Jeff arrived just in time

And tried to steal my drink!

Our destination?

Past that bridge. And beyond!

But first, a few pics from our berth.

Stanley Park

A seaplane for Jeff

North (or west) Vancouver I think, can’t tell from this shot

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 09-08-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM   #222
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Eeee.Oar! continued

And….we’re moving!

Bye bye Canada Place, see you in a week!

Although we’d had lunch, and a late one at that, people were still hungry and dinner was a fair bit away as we had second seating. What to do? French
Fries of course! Gotta love fries on demand.

More Stanley Park. I really wish we’d had time to do a ride there, I love that place and it’s been too long.

Getting closer

One fry wasn’t enough, they went back for more. I may, or may not, have had some.

Getting closer still

Very fun to see people waving at you as you go under. There were people on our cruise that went on our disembarkation day and watched the Wonder sail away for it's last Alaska cruise after we got off the boat (staying the day in Vancouver)

As we went under, something happened. Something that for some reason I didn’t know about. How could this be? I read the DIS. I’ve read a fair amount of cruise TR’s though I’m not a regular on this part of the boards.

And yet, I didn’t know.

The horn plays “When you wish upon a star” ! Who knew? Not me obviously.
I admit. I got choked up. The kids, and Jeff thought that was the coolest thing ever and I could tell were secretly thrilled I was as surprised as they were. We’ve since then learned that the Dream’s horns play 6 songs but hey, we were beyond thrilled with our one. I downloaded it to my phone and now it's Evan's ringtone!

Bye bye Vancouver!

With that, it was time for me to sprint to my spa appointment. I was cutting it close and while I’d heard at the DIS meet there was a decent raffle that I could have entered if I got there at 5:15…at 5:15 we were going under the bridge. I do have my priorities and the bridge definitely won. So I wasn’t early but at least I’d be on time. Which, for me, is good.

Up next, a visit to the Vista Spa, boys being boys and our first dinner on board.

Last edited by eandesmom; 09-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #224
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Glad Eric had a great birthday!

Your sail away looks great - on time and lots of fun! I'm surprised you didn't know about the horn How cool that you were surprised. It is amazing the first time you hear it!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #225
natebenma
DIS Veteran

AWESOME start!!! How cool that you could just drive to the port instead of having to fly to get to the ship. Loved your border crossing/parking problems/beer run & lunch details. Sounds like typical fun with your family.

It is great how well the boarding went- I agree that the photo was purchase-worthy.

Amazing pictures from the sailaway. What a beautiful city!!! I love the way you captureed the bridge upon approach and from below.

And first, but not least- E.Oar!!! Too funny!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: