Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #136
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
PIO, frandandaj, thank so much for the advice. We'll be staying at the GCV so hopefully will be a lot easier to get there right at rope drop. And yes, we are planning to order the picnic for WoC. Thanks for reminding me to put in on my calendar 30 days out! It will be nice to just wander around after hitting TSM. We can live if we miss out on soarin' but the children LOVE TSM.
You might want to check out the Grand Californian Superthread or perhaps it was the Villas at the Grand Californian owners thread. If you're actually staying there, you might not need to order the picnic dinners (which I've heard are not that great). Either way, on one of those two threads I've heard people mention that they have someone distributing FPs to the guests at 9AM at the GCH entrance to DCA. Evidently by just handing out the passes, it takes up some of the backlog at the FP distribution machines. I think they supposedly even ask you if you want 9PM or 10:15 show tickets. You might check it out. That way you wouldn't have to spend $15 each for a sub par meal.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #137
DVCAustralia
Mouseketeer

shushh, you should be entering from the 'private' Grand Californian Hotel/Villas entrance and so you will have a much clearer path almost the whole way to TSM. With Soarin' in the same park as TSM it is not necessary to FASTPASS it as early. Aladdin is a MUST see, preferably twice so you can do the mid-level (in particular you will see the magic carpet better) and the ground level (in particular the characters go through the aisles up to the stage).
I was last there before WofC started, but I recall them saying that the WofC fastpass distribution is right at the GCH entrance.
DVCAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #138
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You might want to check out the Grand Californian Superthread or perhaps it was the Villas at the Grand Californian owners thread. If you're actually staying there, you might not need to order the picnic dinners (which I've heard are not that great). Either way, on one of those two threads I've heard people mention that they have someone distributing FPs to the guests at 9AM at the GCH entrance to DCA. Evidently by just handing out the passes, it takes up some of the backlog at the FP distribution machines. I think they supposedly even ask you if you want 9PM or 10:15 show tickets. You might check it out. That way you wouldn't have to spend $15 each for a sub par meal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCAustralia View Post
shushh, you should be entering from the 'private' Grand Californian Hotel/Villas entrance and so you will have a much clearer path almost the whole way to TSM. With Soarin' in the same park as TSM it is not necessary to FASTPASS it as early. Aladdin is a MUST see, preferably twice so you can do the mid-level (in particular you will see the magic carpet better) and the ground level (in particular the characters go through the aisles up to the stage).
I was last there before WofC started, but I recall them saying that the WofC fastpass distribution is right at the GCH entrance.
Thanks again!!! Will go investigate this further. Sorry hijack our thread PIO...
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:59 AM   #139
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Thanks again!!! Will go investigate this further. Sorry hijack our thread PIO...
In regards to the use of the word "our".......

Why are you apologising? There's no way you could be accused of hijacking a thread that belongs to "us"....

(And you know I don't mind!)

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 AM   #140
PrincessInOz
in

Legoland - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Legoland - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Legoland. The park that people either love or don't get.

It's just a park that is trying to be good...
Oh Lord! Please don't let it be misunderstood.

Having a boy that loved playing with Lego, it is only natural that Legoland is/was a firm favourite with this family in 2007.

Afterall....what's not to love?

I get to build and play with Lego until my parents are bored....

I get to have my picture taken with Bionicles....

...even if my parents won't buy me enough Lego to make this at home!

Even some of the rides are fun.

Yes, mum. I know it's not a Disneyland rollercoaster...but it's plenty scary for me!

I get to use my imagination....

...see some live action theatre...

...and goof around with Dad.

Are you sure we're not in Harry Potter World?

I don't ever wanna be in Slytherin House!

Where in the World are we?

I didn't know we were going to Vegas on this trip!

Yes - we loved Legoland then. It was a park where we could take things slower and chil-lax out a bit. I may not remember much of the attractions or the day but I do remember feeling happy that my DS was having such a great time.

I know it's not Disneyland and it's not for everyone. But not every theme park has to be a Disney park.

Afterall, if it were....none of us would ever consider going to the theme parks in the Gold Coast...nor to Universal.....nor to Wet n Wild.......nor SeaWorld!

post script We did head back to Legoland in 2009. My DS was 2 years older and had outgrown the Lego phase. Whilst it was still a good day, it was obvious that we no longer needed to visit this park anymore. I would still recommend this park to anyone who has kids that LOVE playing with Lego or are just that little bit more timid about going on huge rollercoaster rides. In my opinion, this park is just perfect for the under 8's!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #141
shushh
DIS Veteran

yay another update!!!

I think it looks like a lot of fun. It is a shame that we will not have time to visit when we go this coming September as both boys are really into their lego. There will be a next time! I will be showing the boys the photos tomorrow morning!
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #142
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Outgrow Legos? I'm 41 and I haven't outgrown Legos!

DD likes playing with Legos as well...she recently built a small kit all by herself, which really excited her. Except she wants me to buy the Millenium Falcon kit - which is only $140 US. I said NO WAY!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #143
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Yay for an update! I probably have outgrown my Lego phase, my kids probably wouldn't enjoy it (as their paws don't grasp legos very well), so its probably not a park for us. But glad you enjoyed it when you did! :
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #144
admel00
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the new update!! Just showed my 8 year old who is OBSESSED with Lego and has been since he could hold it!! I am hoping the obsession holds out till the end of next year as he has asked for many years to go to Legoland, so I hope that it will be all that he has hoped for!! He loves to sit on the Legoland CA website and plan his day!! hahahaha... we still have well over 12 months to go, but I have promised him he can plan that day.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #145
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

I have fond memories of taking my younger two lads to the England park in '02. I had a book for when they drove their own cars! We loved the miniature villages.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 40/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #146
Lulu83
Mouseketeer

I think my partner would love Legoland! He's 31, but 8 at heart

January 2011, Disneyland ~ October 2012, married at WDW ~ December 2012, Disneyland
Lulu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #147
Mum from oz
DIS Veteran

Legoland looks great and perfect for our 4 and 5 year olds. Thanks for the pics, we are planning on going to the new one in Florida next year.
2013 - Vegas Wedding, Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise, WDW 1st time onsite!!
Mum from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #148
admel00
Earning My Ears

Us too, had originally planned on doing the California one, but figured we may aswell hot tail it all the way to Orlando and just do everything there! Apparently it will be the biggest one yet??
Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #149
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks for hanging in there everyone. I hope to have the next update up soon.

Quote:
yay another update!!!

I think it looks like a lot of fun. It is a shame that we will not have time to visit when we go this coming September as both boys are really into their lego. There will be a next time! I will be showing the boys the photos tomorrow morning!
Hope you're having a nice time in Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Outgrow Legos? I'm 41 and I haven't outgrown Legos!

DD likes playing with Legos as well...she recently built a small kit all by herself, which really excited her. Except she wants me to buy the Millenium Falcon kit - which is only $140 US. I said NO WAY!
That Millenium Falcon is a STEAL in the US. It's only $299 in Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay for an update! I probably have outgrown my Lego phase, my kids probably wouldn't enjoy it (as their paws don't grasp legos very well), so its probably not a park for us. But glad you enjoyed it when you did! :
I'm glad we visited Legoland when we did too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admel00 View Post
Thanks for the new update!! Just showed my 8 year old who is OBSESSED with Lego and has been since he could hold it!! I am hoping the obsession holds out till the end of next year as he has asked for many years to go to Legoland, so I hope that it will be all that he has hoped for!! He loves to sit on the Legoland CA website and plan his day!! hahahaha... we still have well over 12 months to go, but I have promised him he can plan that day.
9 is still a good age for Legoland. I hope he still loves it when he gets there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
I have fond memories of taking my younger two lads to the England park in '02. I had a book for when they drove their own cars! We loved the miniature villages.
Nice to see you around. I loved the miniatures at legoland, CA. Was it very different in the English park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu83 View Post
I think my partner would love Legoland! He's 31, but 8 at heart
My DH loves it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum from oz View Post
Legoland looks great and perfect for our 4 and 5 year olds. Thanks for the pics, we are planning on going to the new one in Florida next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admel00 View Post
Us too, had originally planned on doing the California one, but figured we may aswell hot tail it all the way to Orlando and just do everything there! Apparently it will be the biggest one yet??
Well....if you wanted a stopover in LA before hitting Florida, then it gives you an alternative to DLR to visit. But if you're heading to Orlando, then you might as well head on over and do the new one there.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #150
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That Millenium Falcon is a STEAL in the US. It's only $299 in Oz.
Wait, are you suggesting I fund my trip to Australia by smuggling in LEGO kits with me?

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: