Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Which to go for????

As the time draws closer I am getting confused as to which resort to buy into. I have been looking at the use years for the resorts we like and BWV and WLV end in 2042 compared to AKLV which is a lot longer.
While we have been set on AKLV from the start looking at future holiday dates We think the chances of getting in WLV or the boardwalk would be very difficult at the 7 month window hence looking at one of these for our home resort.
I have spoken to the dvc rep and he said points do become availible at times and if we were interested he would look into it. I am concerned that when we do the tour that there wont be any points at either BW or WLV and will have the hard sell for points they have got to sell.

Is it best to email our rep before hand and state if we have decided on WLV/BW and for him to let us know when he has points availiable?
We havent seen the WLV or BW accomodation so may ask if we can view if a room availible.I have noticed the points have gone up again in price. I hope there is some incentive when we do buy. A $50 gift card would be nice
Advice on which you would go for . I know the AD have to be considered as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

The best deal will probably be AkV as that is a property that is still in active sales so will have developer promotions on it.

At the end of the day would you be unhappy if you could only stay at AKV?

We bought BLT because if we never got to stay anywhere else we would be happy

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Not at all elise. Lovvvve alkv and will more than likley buy there but hv always loved WL. Some dream of GF mine has always been WL.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
RDP
DIS Veteran

We love AKV and don't regret buying in at all. If you get the chance visit them all and get a feel for the resort, decide whats important for you, some people rule out AKV because it does not have a counter service at Kidani and the bus service can be erratic, never bothered us. I ruled out SSR because it felt a bit too motel like, although it has a great location. I would love to add on at GFV when its built, but would definitely check it out first before committing.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani

RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member

We own at VWL and BCV's but are such bad/late planners we seem to end up at SS (actually at SS right now) but when the chance comes to get VWL it's grabbed with both hands.

If you are a better planner ie plan at 7 months for a non home resort, it is possible to get the smaller resorts.

TBH, there isn't really a bad resort and it's nice to have a "few" years in which to try them all

David
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS
MickeyMcMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

In our experience, the only time it is difficult to get VWL at the 7-month mark is around Christmas time because of how lovely it is with the decorations.

We have never had a problem getting some (or all) of our stay at VWL at the 7-month stage. We have stayed there in both April and October. Looking at the times you are planning to travel mostly, I don' think you will have a problem getting in at VWl even if you don't own there.
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
In our experience, the only time it is difficult to get VWL at the 7-month mark is around Christmas time because of how lovely it is with the decorations.

We have never had a problem getting some (or all) of our stay at VWL at the 7-month stage. We have stayed there in both April and October. Looking at the times you are planning to travel mostly, I don' think you will have a problem getting in at VWl even if you don't own there.
I agree with Joh on this. We own at BWV, but have stayed at BCV, VWL, VB, HH and BLT. As long as you avoid Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving you can usually get what you want if you book at the 7 month window. We've had to go on the wait list a couple of times, but it's always come through.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
Mrs Hobbes
DIS Veteran

We've booked Wilderness Lodge at the 7month window before got a 1-bed for 10 days last October.

We always book 11 months out so we just book a stay at AKV and then try our luck to move, if we can't we're more than happy but if we can try somewhere new it's a bonus.

We want to go out for three weeks Dec 1st - 20th in 2013 and we are going to try and do a split stay with the first 7 nights at BLT or VWL but I am not certain we'll get these but we'll give it a good go.
AKV 02/09 WLV 10/10 OKW 02/12 AKL 12/13 DLRP MAGIC CIRCUS 06/14 DLRP SEQUOIA LODGE 11/14 DCL DREAM 08/28/15
Mrs Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:33 AM   #9
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

ok thanks guys.More confused now Only kidding. As we will be going mainly school holidays now it opens it up a little. We may just go for the more points for the £ option. Just concerned about the shorter end year on VWL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: