Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 AM   #46
RDP
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Joining in - sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you liked the food at Mama Melrose's, we are eating there on our trip. Sorry the waitress was rude about the tip - that's pretty bad form
We also had a great meal there last year, although we had a long wait to get seated.
1999-Swan, 2001- Grand Floridian, 2002-Yacht & Beach Club, 2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge,2004- Grand Floridian&Disney Cruise,2006- Off site, 2008- Dolphin, 2009-AKV Kidani, 2010-Saratoga Springs ,2011-AKV Kidani ,2012 - Port Orleans, DCL-Dream & Beach Club, 2013 - AKV Kidani , 2014 PFB, DCL, CR
Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #47
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Joining in - sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you liked the food at Mama Melrose's, we are eating there on our trip. Sorry the waitress was rude about the tip - that's pretty bad form
I'm sure you'll like Mama Melrose's... it has a lovely atmosphere! Just be sure to tip! Thank you for joining in too

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybookworm View Post
Totally agreeing with you about TOT: that was the one ride I would not go on!
Thank goodness I'm not the only one! No one ever said how fast and scary it was... never setting foot in it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
Looking forward to the next instalment! Sorry to hear about the 'tip' thing. there is a lot of pressure to tip well and it seems to be expected regardless of the level of service in some cases!
It's good to hear other people think that too. Most of our servers were very polite, but only the one we had at California Grill really stood out. We were happy to tip her... and servers at other restaurants that tried hard. We found it weird to have to tip at buffets where all they do is literally get your drinks and hand you your bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
We also had a great meal there last year, although we had a long wait to get seated.
We also waited quite a while... was a very popular restaurant.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #48
meggiebeth

Day 4- Magic Kingdom (Breakfast at Chef Mickeys)

Welcome back to my TR! Now finally, I have more pictures to share with you... we took lots at MK. This was probably one of the two best days of the trip. So without further ado, let's get started!

Breakfast at Chef Mickeys!

We left our hotel at about 7:00am Exhausted... hungry and grouchy... a great combination! We were up at about 6:00am in order to get to the CR on time. We left our lovely hotel, and were on our way! I was very excited, and so was Rory!

And soon... we reached...

We excitedly walked (or ran!!!) through the restaurant to check in. We were given a buzzer and sent to have our photo taken. Our buzzer went off just as we were about to have our photo taken... so we posed and then went straight over to get our table.

My dad really enjoyed this restaurant... and yet I thought this would be one of his least favourites! He said it was 'buzzing' and had a great atmosphere. I also think he enjoyed meeting his childhood Disney friends.

This is my first plate. The pancake was nice, the potato bite things were okay, (they would've been nicer if they weren't just lukewarm) the hash brown was gross and a bit burnt and dry. I didn't eat the peaches... I found something much more delicious...

MICKEY WAFFLES! They were delicious! Better than the pancakes because they were crisp on the outside, yet spongy and soft on the inside. And the syrup just made them taste... (Well- let's just say Mickey Waffles are one of my favourite foods now!) I'm heartbroken that they don't sell Mickey Waffle Makers... well not ones that make the waffles like they serve in WDW.

Anyway- my plate: (I got a plate of waffles later)

I also got a photo of Rorsie's first plate too. He loved the bacon, and had a croissant too. He loved the pancakes but refused to try a Mickey Waffle.

Then along came Mickey!

At this point my parents got their Happy Anniversary Cupcakes. We were so excited about the characters, the candle burnt down till the cupcakes virtually caught on fire. Whoopsies!

Along came Goofy! We LOVE Goofy in our family. He's such good fun!

Of course William was being grumpy about meeting the characters, but Goofy sorted that out! He insisted that William should come up and get a boys only photo!

Over came Minnie. She didn't stay for as long as Mickey and Goofy, but she was still very sweet!

Then Donald came over.

A very kind family asked if we wanted our photo taken, as a family.

Awww, next up was Pluto! Me and Rory think Pluto is adorable... and very funny!

So, after a lovely and filling breakfast we headed right over to MK for our very first day there! We were offered a photo package for something ridiculous like $30 but we said no. After all- we got them for free from Akershus and were going to get more photos later in the holiday for free.

What did we think of Chef Mickeys?

Me (Megan)Rating- 9
"The food was good, especially the Mickey Waffles! The characters were so friendly and the atmosphere was very lively."

Will (Dad)
Rating- 9
"Loved the buzzy atmosphere with the characters walking round the tables- food was good too."

Tracey (Mum)
Rating- 8
"Really good fun- particularly the napkin twirling."

William
Rating- 7
"Goofy was very good fun and the food was good."

Rory
Rating-8
"The food was yummy and Pluto and Goofy were cute!"

So as you see, Chef Mickeys is one of our favourites. For breakfast, you can't go wrong. If you haven't tried it- do. It's a great experience.

That's it for now folks! Coming up next, our day at Magic Kingdom! Thanks for reading and see you real soon!

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #49
broadwaybookworm
Earning My Ears

Yay for Chef Mickey's breakfast!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #50
jelloarms
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that Goofy was able to bring your brother out of his "too cool for Disney" funk! Gotta love that Disney magic.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #51
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Chef Mickey's is so much fun! I'm glad that even William liked it. Those teenage boys can be tough to please.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #52
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

So glad you enjoyed Chef Mickey and his waffles! You're TR is fantastic and we finally get to see you smile!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #53
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwaybookworm View Post
Yay for Chef Mickey's breakfast!
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloarms View Post
I'm glad that Goofy was able to bring your brother out of his "too cool for Disney" funk! Gotta love that Disney magic.
That's what I love too. William liked posing with Goofy for photos after that- it's so good that the characters make that extra effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Chef Mickey's is so much fun! I'm glad that even William liked it. Those teenage boys can be tough to please.
LOL! Tell me about it! I guess Goofy is one of the 'cooler' characters in his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
So glad you enjoyed Chef Mickey and his waffles! You're TR is fantastic and we finally get to see you smile!!!
Thanks! And haha, yeah! Chef Mickey's was something we really enjoyed as a family.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #54
joy13
DIS Veteran

Great Chef Mickey's pictures and when I saw your broghter William in the pictures I thought "he looks like he's having a pretty good time" I think this "I don't like Disney" is all an act
Old 09-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #55
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love the Chef Mickey's pictures!!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #56
meggiebeth

Quote:
Great Chef Mickey's pictures and when I saw your broghter William in the pictures I thought "he looks like he's having a pretty good time" I think this "I don't like Disney" is all an act
Thanks! And yes, I do too. I think he's just too embarrassed to admit Disney might just be fun! He was a bit 'Disney'ed out' at the end of our holiday though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Great update! Love the Chef Mickey's pictures!!
Thanks!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #57
meggiebeth

Rory's Message

What Rory Thought of Our First Few Days

Rory was eager to tell everyone what he thought of the things I have covered so far. (And a chance to use the Smilies!) Sorry about the spelling mistakes... he is six after all!

epcot was y. sorin was grate it was real

tower of terer was the sci fi dine in was scery dont take your little boys ther. they will get night mares.

my favorrate resturent was chef mickys

Translation

Epcot was Stitchy*. Soarin' was great. It was real(istic). Tower of Terror was terrifying. The Sci Fi Dine In was scary. Don't take your little boys there- they will get nightmares. My favourite restaurant was Chef Mickey's.

*Stitch is Rory's favourite Disney character. He is complementing Epcot by calling it 'Stitchy'

Old 09-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #58
dinglefitzberry
Mouseketeer

Your trip sounds lovely so far. Can't wait to hear about Discovery Cove. We want to go there in Feb 2012.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #59
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinglefitzberry View Post
Your trip sounds lovely so far. Can't wait to hear about Discovery Cove. We want to go there in Feb 2012.
You'll love Discovery Cove. Make sure to book the dolphin swim, that is what makes it worth the money. The swim is a totally unforgettable experience. Thanks for reading!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #60
vfalkner
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for our trip

Your trip looked like so much fun! We are just planning ours for February and will definitely consider Sarasota Springs!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: