Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #46
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks sure miss my pirate...he loved the special out of the ordinary things/tours we took at DLR or WDW.
it was fun...except for a bit of drizzle about 20 minutes before the parade, so they didn't get to do the dances because it was too slick!

I can only imagine. I'm sorry for your loss. How wonderful to have the good memories though. That is too bad about the drizzle.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #47
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Beautiful photos! I love that Megan got to meet all four princesses! Your costumes are fabulous as well.
thanks Andrea....it was amazing we got to meet them all together!
costumes were from the Spirit Store, so wanted to dress Jim up like Capt Jack but was way to much $$, so we settled on the generic pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I can only imagine. I'm sorry for your loss. How wonderful to have the good memories though. That is too bad about the drizzle.
thank you for your kind words. It has been a tough time, was so hard when he was missing the 29 days after the earthquake, were so blessed he was found and returned home to us.
We have decided to embrace our memories and continue to make new ones as hard as it is, Jim would want us to continue to do what we love and travel and experience life to the fullest!

the drizzle was nothing for me, I'm a Seattle girl and have "webbed toes" to prove it

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #48
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
thanks Andrea....it was amazing we got to meet them all together!
costumes were from the Spirit Store, so wanted to dress Jim up like Capt Jack but was way to much $$, so we settled on the generic pirates!

thank you for your kind words. It has been a tough time, was so hard when he was missing the 29 days after the earthquake, were so blessed he was found and returned home to us.
We have decided to embrace our memories and continue to make new ones as hard as it is, Jim would want us to continue to do what we love and travel and experience life to the fullest!

the drizzle was nothing for me, I'm a Seattle girl and have "webbed toes" to prove it

Those 29 days must have been horrible. I am so sorry that you had to endure that. I agree that you were blessed to have him returned to you and that you were able to lay him to rest.

Embrace those memories and make new ones. Know in your heart that he shares in the new ones.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #49
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Those 29 days must have been horrible. I am so sorry that you had to endure that. I agree that you were blessed to have him returned to you and that you were able to lay him to rest.

Embrace those memories and make new ones. Know in your heart that he shares in the new ones.
they were, still have big black holes in my memory of those days....we were living not to far from you at the time in Salida (Modesto) and then moved back up to WA last June to be closer to our families (Jim's buried here too)

We know he's with us....gives us little sign's all the time we get lots of "pennies from heaven"

Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #50
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa!!!! I didn't know you started this! I have to go back and finish reading the rest of your TR...summer took me away from it...busy busy!!! I can't wait to read along and put the final plans on your trip and ours at the same time!! I may??? do a PTR just ot pass the next 51 days! Not quite sure yet? Been really thinking about it!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #51
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Lisa, you are such a strong and courageous woman. And Megan such a brave young girl. Your husband has touched my life and many others through your TR and memory. Thanks for sharing those precious memories with us.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #52
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Hey Lisa!!!! I didn't know you started this! I have to go back and finish reading the rest of your TR...summer took me away from it...busy busy!!! I can't wait to read along and put the final plans on your trip and ours at the same time!! I may??? do a PTR just ot pass the next 51 days! Not quite sure yet? Been really thinking about it!
Hey back at you Erin, welcome!
I just started it two days ago....needed something to help fill my time since I don't have much to plan for this trip
hope you decide to do one....its fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Lisa, you are such a strong and courageous woman. And Megan such a brave young girl. Your husband has touched my life and many others through your TR and memory. Thanks for sharing those precious memories with us.

had two choices....chose to keep living the life we love, being as happy as we can and paying it forward!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #53
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
:
I just can't even begin to understand what it must have been like for you and Megan... I just wish I could say something.

You two are amazing for all you have endured together, and I love to see how both of you keep Jim's memory alive - It really touches my heart.

D~
Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #54
mommy2mrb

thanks D~

I've never know anyone who had to deal with that before....friends and family who lost husbands and children to illness, but never by an accident or natural disaster.
we do go to grief counseling once a month...Megan goes with kids her age and I do the parent group at the same time for two hours...we have 30 min's for chatting and play games while eating pizza and then we all split to our different groups.

Megan went to Camp Erin last weekend....it was started 10 years ago by Jaime Moyer (was a Seattle Mariner at the time) when he met a girl named Erin who was sick and built it in her memory....they now have 40 camps around the country! and this Saturday night we all get to go see the Mariners play the Kansas City Royals play courtesy of Camp Erin/Moyer Foundation! I will share some photos afterwards of the game....unfortunately no photos of camp due to the privacy of all the campers, but will be doing something to be able to scrapbook Megan's memories of camp.

ironically, Jim and I were living in MO when we found out I was preggers with Megan and the Mariners where in town playing KC....so we made a sign and got on the national tv camera to annouce it to our families in Seattle!

Said "Hi Seattle from the three Birch's....baby due spring training 2000!" they just about flipped when they saw us

Old 09-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #55
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

had two choices....chose to keep living the life we love, being as happy as we can and paying it forward!
Yep!! It's not time that heals, but what you do with that time.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #56
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
thanks D~

I've never know anyone who had to deal with that before....friends and family who lost husbands and children to illness, but never by an accident or natural disaster.
we do go to grief counseling once a month...Megan goes with kids her age and I do the parent group at the same time for two hours...we have 30 min's for chatting and play games while eating pizza and then we all split to our different groups.

Megan went to Camp Erin last weekend....it was started 10 years ago by Jaime Moyer (was a Seattle Mariner at the time) when he met a girl named Erin who was sick and built it in her memory....they now have 40 camps around the country! and this Saturday night we all get to go see the Mariners play the Kansas City Royals play courtesy of Camp Erin/Moyer Foundation! I will share some photos afterwards of the game....unfortunately no photos of camp due to the privacy of all the campers, but will be doing something to be able to scrapbook Megan's memories of camp.

ironically, Jim and I were living in MO when we found out I was preggers with Megan and the Mariners where in town playing KC....so we made a sign and got on the national tv camera to annouce it to our families in Seattle!

Said "Hi Seattle from the three Birch's....baby due spring training 2000!" they just about flipped when they saw us

That is great!!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #57
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yep!! It's not time that heals, but what you do with that time.
Quote:
That is great!!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #58
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
thanks D~

What an amazing way to announce Megan to your family! I love the story.

That is also so neat that you and Megan SB together... what fun memories that creates, as well.

D~
Old 09-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #59
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
What an amazing way to announce Megan to your family! I love the story.

That is also so neat that you and Megan SB together... what fun memories that creates, as well.

D~
it was fun! no one knew we had been trying so a complete surprise!

well Megan doesn't really like it....she will do some once in awhile, but loves looking at it all when I'm done...I ask for her input on different things....she has to do the journalling for camp though since I wasn't there.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #60
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Hi! I hope you don't mind my tagging along. We are going to be at POFQ at the same time.

You and your daughter are brave and wonderful to continue on when it would be so easy to give in to grief. I love your spirit!

You are doing MNSSHP on the 18th, aren't you? If so, we'll be hanging at the pool that morning, too!

Oh, and I am a scrapbooker, too! A very messy scrapbooker - my room is a disaster!

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: