Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #16
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille1963 View Post
I can't wait to read more!!
Great! I will be posting the next chapter tomorrow. Welcome to my report!

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Disney Trips: 1996 Music/ 1997 Sports/ 1998 Sports/
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition
Old 09-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #17
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Great start to the trip so far, besides that wait at check-in.
I know right! I was kicking myself the whole 30 minutes I waited in line! Great to see you again! How is your school year going?

[/URL] Tink's first trip to the mainland May 2011 TR Tink's first trip to the main land PTR

(me) (bf) dd(7)
May 2011 CSR FEB 2012 AS Sports July 2013 AAU primary track and field competition
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #18
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniyah View Post
I know right! I was kicking myself the whole 30 minutes I waited in line! Great to see you again! How is your school year going?
Great to see you too! You had been gone for so long.
Today was the second day with the students. It's been going well so far, but I'm exhausted!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #19
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Last I left you I just arrived to our room which was BEAUTIFUL!!! So my original plan was to take a nap, then go to MK later to catch extra magic hour. Well, I was too excited to take a nap. Grumpy hadn’t arrived yet so I gave him a call. He had just landed, literally. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you… Grumpy decided to fly into Miami, then drive up to Orlando. Why would he do that you ask… to this day I am still trying to figure it out. After my initial tongue lashing when he told me of his plans, I left it alone, my Grandma always told me “Cain’t make sense out of nonsense”! (Yes I said “Cain’t” on purpose! LOL) He told me he would be to Orlando around 7 or 8. Mind you we have a dinner ressie for 7:35 I didn’t want to wait around for him so I asked Tink, would she like to go to MK or DTD to get Mickey ears. (Yes I know we can get Mickey Ears in MK too, but I heard DTD had a bigger selection)

“I want Mickey Ears” Tink replied.

So I changed my clothes and Tink decided to change her clothes for the second time that day and off we were. We walked to El centro to catch the bus. The walk from our room wasn’t bad, it was only about 3 or 4 minutes. On the way we passed by the quiet pool, and the fitness room, we went in to check it out! I should have taken pictures but I forgot. Finally we made it through El Centro, we walked towards the bus stop. As we got closer a DTD bus was sitting there.. sweeeeeettt or not! Tink and I began to run for the bus, the bus driver closed the door, I waved… he looked at me and drove off. If I wasn’t in Disney I would have had a few choice words, it’s funny how Disney will bring out the nice in you.
We waited for about 15 minutes then another bus came. Finally we made it to DTD and we were both famished. So our first stop was…

Tink got the chicken fingers with frenchfries. She said they were good.

I got the Salmon. It was AWESOME…. It was cooked perfectly, it was moist and flaky. OMG my mouth is watering just looking at the picture. This dish gets 2 thumbs up from me. I will DEFINITELY be going back on our next trip! 2 QS credits used.

For dessert Tink had a brownie, I got an ice cream sundae.
“Can we go get my Mickey Ears now?” Tink asks. I told her sure and off we went.

Our first stop was

I forgot to take a picture of the outside so I hijacked this photo from Mouse planet! This store was pretty cool. Here are some pics of Tink making a Mr. Potato Head.

By the last picture you can tell she was tired of pictures!

Our next stop was …

It was nice in there! I was tempted to buy one of those dipped marshmallows. But unfortunately it wasn’t worth a snack credit (I thought it was) and I really wasn’t hungry. Tink just had to have one of those twisty lolli pops. I really didn’t want her to have it. So I told her she needed to use her own spending money. Do you think that detoured her… nope. So she bought the cavity on a stick. (uhg)
Then we went to…

OMG this store is awesome… I was in Disney overload! We checked out the store I wanted a new coffee mug for work. Something different, something with Daisy on it! And of course we were on the hunt for ears. Well come to find out there are no Mickey ears in the world of Disney. But that didn’t stop us from having some fun with hats…

The cavity stick is making it’s first experience.

Con't on the next thread

(me) (bf) dd(7)

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-04-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #20
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

After the World of Disney. Tink took some time to cool off.

She ran from the water more than getting wet.

Finally we found the store to with the Mouse ears. I can’t remember the name of it. She chose Tinker Belle ears. Am I surprised…. No.. Here she is waiting for her hat to be embroidered.

Tink is all smiles now!

Mission Accomplished!!

Up next Did Grumpy make it to Orlando yet?? Dinner at Cape May!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #21
kokotg
DIS Veteran

A giant lollipop and Tinkerbell mouse ears--what more could a kid ask from a first day at Disney? Interested to hear your take on Cape May...it's one of the places I keep almost making an ADR for, but I've never actually eaten there.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #22
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotg View Post
A giant lollipop and Tinkerbell mouse ears--what more could a kid ask from a first day at Disney? Interested to hear your take on Cape May...it's one of the places I keep almost making an ADR for, but I've never actually eaten there.
Yes Tink was in heaven! Wouldn't you know, she never even finished the darn lollipop! It sat in the bag, then it went straight in the garbage.

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

What do you value more money or time? (Cape May)

After we completed our mission of finding the Mickey ears, both Tink and I were hot and I was finally feeling a little tired. Thankfully the store we were in (maybe one of the readers will chime in and tell me what store it was) wasn’t far from the buses. So we hopped on the bus and headed back to the resort. I am soooo happy I am staying on property, I can get used to this whole not having to drive thing! The ride to Coronado Springs from DTD was only about 15 minutes, not bad. When returning to the resort, the CS busses go around the resort first then stop at El Centro last. To my surprise Bus Stop #2 was really close to my room (this trip keeps getting better and better). Tink and I get off the bus go up to the room to rest. Immediately, Tink falls asleep, not long after I doze off too. I woke at about 6 and Tink was already up and watching TV. I can’t believe she woke up and did not wake me up too! Anywhoo, around 6:30pm we hear someone trying to open the door, its Grumpy, he was early! “Daaaaadddddyyyyyy” Tink shot off the bed to greet her dad. I start getting washed up for dinner, Grumpy decides he wants to take a nap. I thought to myself, “ ARE YOU SERIOUS????? It’s 6:45 we have a reservation in less than an hour, you JUST got here and you want to take a nap????? “ I think he saw my thoughts, through my facial expression and decided to forego the nap!

After freshening up we drove to the beach club…

This resort is beautiful. I forgot to take pictures of the lobby, Disney did a great job with the theme(of course they did) I felt like I was transported someplace else. We checked in at 7:20 for a 7:35 ressie. The hostess told us we would have a 30 minute wait even with a ressie. I wasn’t too happy about that. While waiting Tink and Grumpy went to watch cartoons and I decided to chat it up with a DVC rep named Katie. I ended up scheduling an open house for the next morning. Katie asked me what’s more important to me time or money? I said money… She replied great you will get a $50 gift card after you complete the tour. SWEEEETTTTTTTTT!!! If I would have chosen time I would have gotten fast passes. Im so glad I picked money. After I finished with Katie it was about 7:50 and our buzzer still had not gone off. Tink was getting irritable, and honestly so was I. I sent Grumpy to the hostess stand to check on the hold up. He is a lot better at things like that than I am. Grumpy motioned for us to come over they miraculously found a table. I told you he is better at those things.

I have to apologize to you now, being that I was famished, I forgot to take pictures, but I did do a better job the rest of the trip. They sat us in the corner near the kitchen, I was not very happy about that but being that I was starving, I wasn’t willing to wait for another table. If you have never been to Cape May it is an “All you care to eat” New England style clam bake. There is seafood and American foods. Here is the menu courtesy of Allears.net

Snow Crab Legs, Steamed Clams, Prince Edward Island Sound Mussels, Baked Seasonal Fish, Tortellini with Lobster Sauce, Seafood Pot Pie, and Fried Cod (Sunday and Friday), Batter-Fried Calamari (Tuesday and Thursday),Fried Shrimp (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday),Barbeque Pork Ribs, Basil Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Cabbage with Rainbow Chard and Bacon, Steamed Red Potatoes, Marinated Roast Chicken, Steamed Corn on the Cob, Vegetable Pasta, Specialty Pizza and Marinated Beef Tips with a Spicy Tomato Sauce, Fresh Fruit Salad, Cape May House Salad, Caesar Salad, Broccoli Slaw, Cape May Potato Salad, Marinated Olives, Chilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Citrus Couscous Salad, Chicken Arugula Pasta Salad with Mushroom Vinaigrette, Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad, Quinoa Shrimp Salad with Hearts of Palm, Panzanella Salad, and Green Mussels with Spicy Seaweed Salad, Cape May's Signature Oreo Bon Bons, Seasonal Cheesecake, Key Lime Tart, Seasonal Cakes, Assorted Cookies, Cupcakes, Fudge Brownies, and Peanut Butter Bars, the price is 42.59 for adults and 20.23 for children.

Our waitresses name was Alice, she was just OK! She forgot about our requests and she did not check on us very often. Alice did bring out a birthday cake for Tink. Here are a few pictures from that.

I liked that Cape May has paper on the tables instead of table cloths so the children can color. Notice Tink's Picasso under the cake!

Our waitress did not deserve the 18% tip but bringing out the birthday cupcake tugged at my heart strings and I gave it to her anyway! All in all the food was good, I could take it or leave it. The service was blah… I would go there again but ONLY if I am on the dining plan, I don’t think the food is worth the money. Out of six thumbs up we ranked it 2.5 thumbs!

Up next... Did we ever make it to EMH at Magic Kingdom? Am I the newest DVC member?

(me) (bf) dd(7)

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-05-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oh how I would love to become a DVC member if I won the lottery!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh how I would love to become a DVC member if I won the lottery!
If this was facebook I would like your comment!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #26
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Random: I found the name of the store where I bought Tink's Mickey Ears. It's called Wonderful World of Memories. It cost a whopping $19.12. BTW: has anyone seen the 2012 Disney Dining Plan?? I think I'm a little excited about the refillable mug being added back to the DDP!

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #27
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaniyah View Post
Random: I found the name of the store where I bought Tink's Mickey Ears. It's called Wonderful World of Memories. It cost a whopping $19.12. BTW: has anyone seen the 2012 Disney Dining Plan?? I think I'm a little excited about the refillable mug being added back to the DDP!
I barely got any use out of my refillable mug, so to me it's not as much a big plus. I can understand how other people can be happy. I'm just not a big drinker of things other than water when I'm hot.

However I am quite disappointed by the reduction from 2 snacks to 1 snack on the quick-service dining plan. Though I guess we did use a lot of those snacks on bottle of water, which could easily be replaced by free cups of ice water.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #28
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I barely got any use out of my refillable mug, so to me it's not as much a big plus. I can understand how other people can be happy. I'm just not a big drinker of things other than water when I'm hot.

However I am quite disappointed by the reduction from 2 snacks to 1 snack on the quick-service dining plan. Though I guess we did use a lot of those snacks on bottle of water, which could easily be replaced by free cups of ice water.
You are right about the refillable mug! I did not buy my refillable cup until the second to last day of my trip, BUT I got a lot of use out of it!.

(me) (bf) dd(7)
Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #29
Shaniyah
Mouseketeer

Enjoying the view

I am laughing at myself because I really should be putting in grades right now. And I was actually doing that but this TR just kept distracting me! So I stopped grading papers to write this next section!

We left off leaving Cape May. The plan was to go back to the room take a nap, then go enjoy the EMH at Magic Kingdom. Well we made it to the room, took our nap, but woke up the next morning. No one heard the alarm go off!! I woke up before everyone around 6:00 am, without an alarm. Who needs an alarm clock when you have an internal teacher clock!! I decided to throw on some clothes and take a jog around the lake. I returned to the room around 7:00, showered and when I got out of the shower Grumpy was on his computer working. I thought...Don’t they know you are on vacation?? Geez but I kept the peace!
Tinkerbelle woke up to this….

Here she is reading her note…

And opening her treats…

The look on her face was priceless. That is what Disney is all about! Last night the DVC CM Katie helped Grumpy find a rental place to return the car. It even had shuttle to bring him back. He left to return the car and Tink and I headed to the Pepper Market for some breakfast. On the way we had an impromptu photo shoot with these guys. Tink said these guys are her friends!

Finally we arrived at the Pepper Market. Being that we were on the DDP I knew I’d be on my own for one meal per day. So I figured it would be breakfast. Being the thrifty person I am, I decided to buy two kids breakfasts. One waffle meal, and one with eggs, bacon, and homefries, then I split it. Here are some before and after pictures.

The food was okay! Nothing spectacular. I didn't care for the scrambled eggs they were a little runny. But Tink loved them, she ate hers and mine too!The total for breakfast was $10.18…:whohoo: (that includes the drink) This received a 3 out of a possible 4 thumbs up. (I had to take off a point for the eggs.

Tink is ALWAYS cold, so of course she wanted to eat out side. Luckily we found a nice spot with an umbrella! While we were eating, Tink says “Mom can I take a picture of the scenery?” Scenery, what 5 year old says scenery? Well this is the picture she took.
LOL!We also had a vistor!

Something really cool happened while we were sitting outside. Two CM’s came by with a bucket of bread, they were about to feed the fish in the lake. They allowed the kids to do it with them. Tink had so much fun, she talked about “feeding the fish” for the rest of the trip. Here are a couple of pictures of that…

[

Up next am I the newest member of the DVC?[/IMG]
]

(me) (bf) dd(7)

Last edited by Shaniyah; 09-13-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

That's some pretty shots of CSR. The one Tink took is good too. :

So, are you a new DVC member?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: