Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #76
scrappinDW
Mouseketeer

Thank you, Aaron, Kim and Anna
We all had a fun time. My sister in law said 'when is the next one?'
The only problem is that we met so many nice people, I didn't want to out bid them on the silent auction!!! You still raised a lot of money for GKTW, good job.
scrappinDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #77
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinDW View Post
Thank you, Aaron, Kim and Anna
We all had a fun time. My sister in law said 'when is the next one?'
The only problem is that we met so many nice people, I didn't want to out bid them on the silent auction!!! You still raised a lot of money for GKTW, good job.
Thank you Pam for coming. It was a pleasure meeting you if only for a brief moment.

I thought the silent auction went over well. We had a lot of great stuff. All limited edition to unusual items. Some of them I wish I had. Darth Goofy kept looking back at me at my house for about a month. He was trying to use the force so I would keep him.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #78
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Aaron, the meet looks awesome! I know it's a ton of work, but what a great, great thing you do for DIS fans, Disney fans and GKTW. I really hope to make it one year. We do a family trip every Labor Day weekend, usually to an Ohio State Park resort and are thinking of going to Hueston Woods next year. Hueston Woods is about 30 minutes from Richmond, Indiana, is that anywhere near you?
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #79
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
Aaron, the meet looks awesome! I know it's a ton of work, but what a great, great thing you do for DIS fans, Disney fans and GKTW. I really hope to make it one year. We do a family trip every Labor Day weekend, usually to an Ohio State Park resort and are thinking of going to Hueston Woods next year. Hueston Woods is about 30 minutes from Richmond, Indiana, is that anywhere near you?
Hi Lisa,

Thanks! And yes, it is a lot of work that usually starts in January when we start putting feelers out for donations. The meet wouldn't be what it is without a bunch of people willing to put themselves out there to help. This includes the DIS because without it we wouldn't have the communication mechanism to get the word out. I try not to take anything for granted and realize anything anyone can do to help us is very appreciated no matter how small or big it maybe.

I travel that way a lot because I have to go through Richmond and Dayton in order to get to NE Ohio. I'm familiar with Hueston Woods. I've never been there, but I've talked to a lot of people who enjoy it. I was just up your way October 26th & 27th and drove right by the Mentor exit on I-90. My brother in Ashtabula celebrated a birthday and we went to visit him.

Richmond is on the Ohio, Indiana border. The meet is about an hour away from Richmond in Central Indiana. If you continue on I-70 for about 50 minutes you'll reach Indy. I hope you can make it next year.

I know there are a few others who come to the meet from NE Ohio. I'm always grateful and impressed of those who come from such a long way to attend the meet. About the best compliment I could ask for is from people who tell me they came from a place far away and it was well worth the trip. Not only do they travel from far away to enjoy the meet they embrace the Give Kids the World aspect. We really appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Have a great day, all!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry - Meant to reply to your posts... Thanks!

Last edited by ADP; 09-07-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #80
BilltM
Dizfan

ADP ... great job raising funds for GKTW and the time you and everyone put into the Indy event.

BILL
BilltM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #81
oc_tony
Work hard and be nice!
Podcasting from the OC
Likes it ‘fresh’
Things that make you go hmmmmm… beats it like MJ

Thanks to everyone who donated to GKTW, and especially to my Tinkerbell Half-Marathon fundraising effort. Thanks to you, I'm now over a quarter of the way to my goal of $2000! I'm continuing to train, and am up to 10 miles on my "long run" days. Thanks again!

WDW Village Viscount Hotel-1985; CBR Honeymoon-1997; Swan/Dolphin-2008; Off Site-2009; Swan/Dolphin-2010
DL Passholder since 95
DIS Unplugged Disneyland Podcast Correspondent

oc_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #82
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilltM View Post
ADP ... great job raising funds for GKTW and the time you and everyone put into the Indy event.
Thanks Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_tony View Post
Thanks to everyone who donated to GKTW, and especially to my Tinkerbell Half-Marathon fundraising effort. Thanks to you, I'm now over a quarter of the way to my goal of $2000! I'm continuing to train, and am up to 10 miles on my "long run" days. Thanks again!
That's awesome Tony! 10 miles is quite an accomplishment. I have a lot to do before I get there.

Last edited by ADP; 09-13-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #83
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Sounds awesome !!! Wish I could have made it, but I was preparing to go to WDW....maybe next year.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #84
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Sounds awesome !!! Wish I could have made it, but I was preparing to go to WDW....maybe next year.
Hope you had a great trip!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #85
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Hope you had a great trip!
We really did !!! Best time ever.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #86
ADP

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet will be on Saturday, September 1st 2012. This will be the 5th year for the meet and we are planning some great stuff. Once again we will be donating the proceeds from the meet to the Power of 10 - Give Kids the World Challenge. Last year we were very excited to send a check to Give Kids the World for $3100.

For those coming in from out of town I will be providing a hotel option close to the meet site and blocking some rooms off for guests. I hope you can make it. If you have any questions about coming into Indianapolis please don't hesitate to ask. We hope you can make it this year.

We will be starting a new thread for the September 1st 2012 meet.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #87
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Road Trip!!!!

I'll put that date on the calendar Aaron. Would be nice to see my Indianapolis friends again.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #88
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Count us in. Kyla fussed about having to go with us last year. But once there, she had a great time. We're interviewing for a companion for Wheels, so we may be bringing someone else, too.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #89
ChefMickey123

I brake for Mickey

Talking Woo-hoo!

Kelly and I are in, and are looking quite forward to it. We'll be back from internship by then.

ChefMickey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #90
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Road Trip!!!!

I'll put that date on the calendar Aaron. Would be nice to see my Indianapolis friends again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvlprof View Post
Count us in. Kyla fussed about having to go with us last year. But once there, she had a great time. We're interviewing for a companion for Wheels, so we may be bringing someone else, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMickey123 View Post
Kelly and I are in, and are looking quite forward to it. We'll be back from internship by then.

To all of you please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your trip more comfortable. I know coming from out of town presents different challenges than someone who is local. If you have any questions about the area or need something before coming into town please let me know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: