Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #16
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
Hiya! Thought maybe I'd swing over here and join in too! Sounds like a great trip- smuggle me in?
Hi, welcome aboard....sure come on and join the fun....oh, just saw you had to cancel your trip again this year, so sorry hope you can reschedule it soon

Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Yay I made the podium!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Hi, welcome aboard....sure come on and join the fun....oh, just saw you had to cancel your trip again this year, so sorry hope you can reschedule it soon
We have canceled prob 3 trips so far..... one day, we will make it back. It's just really tough right now financially. I still try to do a Big Give each month, but sometimes- even that is pushing it, much less a Disney trip lol. I hope to take my son back when he is 3 or 4 - that would be magical!He is turning 3 at the end of this month and I can't believe it. Growing up way too fast. He turned 1 at Disney World, but I know he doesn't remember it at all. Once I find a job- I will save up little by little to go!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #19
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Yay I made the podium!!

don't fall off !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
We have canceled prob 3 trips so far..... one day, we will make it back. It's just really tough right now financially. I still try to do a Big Give each month, but sometimes- even that is pushing it, much less a Disney trip lol. I hope to take my son back when he is 3 or 4 - that would be magical!He is turning 3 at the end of this month and I can't believe it. Growing up way too fast. He turned 1 at Disney World, but I know he doesn't remember it at all. Once I find a job- I will save up little by little to go!
I can related, we had a few really hard years finacially, hope things get better so you can get to Disney. Our kiddos grow up way to fast for us mama's don't they...Megan starts middle school on Wed, seems like yesterday I was bringing her to pre-school.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This trip for Megan and I is totally different from our spring trip, we are staying at POFQ ....ssh, surprising Megan with it....doing QS and plan on winging our days, no set plans except for MNSSHP, HOB and a carriage ride at POFQ on Sunday with some other friends from DIS...we have a few other DIS friends who will be there at the same time we hope to meet up with.
For the planner in me, this had been a strange thing for me not to plan each day out ahead of time....our first day which ever bus is there when we get to the stop is where we will go for the day!

Lisa
What a great reason for a bonus trip.

When we used to go to WDW as a family, my younger son and I were always the early risers, so one day we decided to get up before the others, take the first bus, and eat breakfast wherever it took us. We have a delicious breakfast at Restrantasaurs (I'm pretty sure I butchered the name) in AK.

(But basically I'm a planner, too )

Quote:
also planning more down time so we can enjoy the resort and pool actually got 6 days of tickets for our 8 day trip and plan on having more time at DTD and maybe do some resort hopping too.
I always say I'm going to chill more and do exactly what you're planning -- or not planning. Enjoy!

Quote:
Got a little bit of Mickey Mail today! Our MNSSHP tickets came ....a little sad though, one has Mickey; the other Goofy and say "let the memories begin", no halloween decorations...what the heck not a fun souvenior of the party!
Must have been bittersweet to see Goofy.

Quote:
can't wait for the beignets...that was our favorite thing to do on weekend mornings when we lived in New Orleans...we took the little ferry boat across the Mississippi and hung out on the patio eating beignets and drinking the strong coffee! I had to add lots of cream and sugar!
Ooooooo. I've read about the beignets. Yum.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #21
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

So if POFQ is a surprise, just where does Megan think she is staying?

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #22
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
What a great reason for a bonus trip.

When we used to go to WDW as a family, my younger son and I were always the early risers, so one day we decided to get up before the others, take the first bus, and eat breakfast wherever it took us. We have a delicious breakfast at Restrantasaurs (I'm pretty sure I butchered the name) in AK.

(But basically I'm a planner, too )

I always say I'm going to chill more and do exactly what you're planning -- or not planning. Enjoy!

Must have been bittersweet to see Goofy.

Ooooooo. I've read about the beignets. Yum.
Welcome Cheryl,

it really is a great reason for a trip Judy was feeling bad that we are coming all that way just to spend a little bit of time with them....I was "not like we can't find something else to do" and we are not about to infringe on their entire trip....this is such a wonderful, happy trip for them and also just to have that family time together is priceless for them!

Whenever we get something from WDW with Goofy on it, we take it as a sign of love from Jim...he wasn't the big Disney lover Megan and I are, but did enjoy WDW more than DLR (when we lived in CA we had AP's and went a lot, He'd stay home and say have a fun time)

we really plan on taking it slower this trip....our day for MNSSHP we are staying at the resort, swim, laundry (if needed - hope to pack a bit lighter) nap so we will be rested for a long night of

is ginger and rod behaving themselves, better keep an eye on them....we don't want any little 16oz and nuggets running around

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Joining in!

So if POFQ is a surprise, just where does Megan think she is staying?
Welcome Andrea!
she thinks we are staying at POP again....had booked that initially, then she was looking through one of my WDW books and saw PO....I did get a pretty good deal with the change and since it had a fridge and coffee maker included that sealed the deal for me! she does know we are going on the carriage ride at PO to "check out the resort" for a future stay so that's why I bought the POFQ dress D~ made for the carriage ride

Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Welcome Cheryl,

she thinks we are staying at POP again....had booked that initially, then she was looking through one of my WDW books and saw PO....I did get a pretty good deal with the change and since it had a fridge and coffee maker included that sealed the deal for me! she does know we are going on the carriage ride at PO to "check out the resort" for a future stay so that's why I bought the POFQ dress D~ made for the carriage ride
Awww... You better take pictures so we can see her face when she realizes where she's staying!

D~
Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Awww... You better take pictures so we can see her face when she realizes where she's staying!

D~
believe me I will have the camera ready!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #25
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome Cheryl,

it really is a great reason for a trip Judy was feeling bad that we are coming all that way just to spend a little bit of time with them....I was "not like we can't find something else to do" and we are not about to infringe on their entire trip....this is such a wonderful, happy trip for them and also just to have that family time together is priceless for them!

Whenever we get something from WDW with Goofy on it, we take it as a sign of love from Jim...he wasn't the big Disney lover Megan and I are, but did enjoy WDW more than DLR (when we lived in CA we had AP's and went a lot, He'd stay home and say have a fun time)

we really plan on taking it slower this trip....our day for MNSSHP we are staying at the resort, swim, laundry (if needed - hope to pack a bit lighter) nap so we will be rested for a long night of

is ginger and rod behaving themselves, better keep an eye on them....we don't want any little 16oz and nuggets running around

Welcome Andrea!
You had better not be posting on here when Megan is looking over your shoulder! Won't she snoop and read your PTR? Let me know if you need me to delete my posts!

DH DS 11 DD 9

Old 09-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #26
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
You had better not be posting on here when Megan is looking over your shoulder! Won't she snoop and read your PTR? Let me know if you need me to delete my posts!
she usually doesn't look over my shoulder unless I call her in to see something...and I'm pretty quick with the back button

Old 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #27
DMGeurts

Quote:
Yay!

Quote:
she usually doesn't look over my shoulder unless I call her in to see something...and I'm pretty quick with the back button
ROFL... I usually have multiple tabs open at the top, and if one of them walks in, I just switch tabs.

D~
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #28
mommy2mrb

Quote:
Yay!

ROFL... I usually have multiple tabs open at the top, and if one of them walks in, I just switch tabs.

D~
I do that too.....um why are you here....aren't you supposed to be sewing just saying

Old 09-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #29
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

D~
Quote:
Have you thought about when and where you will reveal POFQ to her? As the bus pulls in? At the airport waiting? Will the resort be on your luggage tags?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
DMGeurts

Quote:
I do that too.....um why are you here....aren't you supposed to be sewing just saying
Lisa - you're going to keep me honest yet. What am I going to do while you are on vacation?

Actually, I have been sewing... I go upstairs, sew a bit of applique, get mad, come down stairs, get a drink, stop by the computer... same vicious cycle over and over again. I wish they had a sewing machine guy like this...

D~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: