Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #31
GoofItUp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufbuf View Post
Here are some DVC point comparison from 2011 as compared to 2012 points. It looks like the more expensive trips (Australia, China, Egypt) had the biggest increase in points as compare to others

China 836 to 917
Egypt 736 to 836
Ecuador/Galapagos jumped 10 points but the 2012 itinerary is also a day less than 2011-734 to 744
Peru 421 to 447
South Africa 840 to 961
Viva Italia 614 to 661

These are all adult points. The child's a little less, still...
Considering points rent relatively quickly & easily at $10, you're looking at $6-9k for ONE adult on these trips.

I've always thought one of these trips would be neat, but I just looked at the Greece trip. For my family of four it's around $20k before airfare. I know Greece is expensive, but if we can't do better than that I'm afraid Greece will be on my no-go list for a while.

Off Site - 06/87, Off Site - 06/93, ASM - 11/01, Dolphin - 11/03, CBR - 01/06, POR - 09/07 FIRST TRIP WITH DS-10 mo!, Off-Site - 06/08 (DH's conference, so DS and I hit the parks!), BCV - 03/09 DS#2 was sick, so DH & DS#1 went alone! , DL Fairfield - 10/09 First Trip to DL & DS#2's first trip to a Disney Park!, 06/10 - BWV (Our first trip as OWNERS!), 06/11 - AKV-Kidani, 03/12-BWV, 06/12 - Not sure where yet!
GoofItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
Could NOT believe the increase in DVC points for ABD this year! It essentially takes the tours off the table for almost all DVC members.

I'm especially surprised since there is a new Disney executive in charge of ABD, DCL and DVC--I thought part of his job was to better integrate these 'non-park' entities.

At these points and these prices, adults can find as good or much better product with other companies (Tauck, A&K, Rick Steves, etc.), especially since ABD has cut back on adults-only trips.
Yes also surprised by the DVC point increase, what helps me make sense of the integration of DVC with DCL and ABD, is they are separate division in the Disney Corporation and competing for their separate piece of the guest dollar. I do hope Mr. Holtz can this availability more DVC member friendly.

I also hope their will be more adult only offerings.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: