|08-30-2011, 06:23 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2009
In response to several questions about Stormalong Bay, I took the following photos. First, skelooch created a wonderful and extremely helpful map of stormalong bay, which appears on the first page of the BC/YC thread (click my signature below.)
Stormalong Bay is divided into several different parts, which are all labeled on skelooch's map:
1) Sinking sands/bubbling bay/whirling waters/slide exit area. Most of this area is 3ft to 4ft deep. The deepest area is 5 ft. It is entirely disconnected from the deeper areas of the lazy river.
2) The lazy river area. This area is as shallow as 4 ft in some areas and reaches up to 8 ft in one part. Again, this area is entirely disconnected from the more shallow areas of the pool, and the deepest area is roped off. Signs on the overhead bridges warn guests that the water is deeper in that area.
3) The sandy, zero depth entry shallow area. This area is wonderful for little kids. Most of this area is 2 ft deep all the way across. There is just a pocket in the corner where the depth reaches three feet. Again, it is entirely disconnected from the deeper sections of the pool.
This walkway separates the zero depth area from the deeper section of the pool:
This is the deepest area of the sandy zero depth entry area, at only 3 ft deep:
4) Kiddie slide/pool at the base of the pirate ship. This pool overlooks the lake and is 2.8 feet deep.
5) The small, circular wading pool. BC replaced the playground with additional chairs.
6) Three hot tubs. (Sorry, no photos!)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K
August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Last edited by pixarmom; 08-30-2011 at 06:38 PM.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|