Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #316
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Wishing all of you purple people the very best! I hope this thing dies down quicker than expected. It has already done enough damage as it is.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #317
MEK
DIS Veteran

48 candles???? WOW. Let's hope you don't need them all.

I hope things are going well up there. We are over the worst and we have not lost our power or had any major damage, just tons of rain.

Love your plans for Day 5 was it?

Kona in the morning and AP in the evening. That sounds perfect to me. I hope you love AP. I promise to take tons of food pix in December.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #318
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Stay safe, guys!
(Oh, and 48 candles is totally acceptable. Totally.)
Thanks!!! I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I am seriously trying to fit in a Kona breakfast ADR. I know it might be a bit much, but...I need to try that Tonga Toast!

Stay safe in the hurricane!
I don't think it's a bit much at all!! Their breakfast is really great, and I love the relaxing atmosphere before heading to the parks! (The Tonga Toast doesn't hurt either! )

Thanks!! You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Wishing all of you purple people the very best! I hope this thing dies down quicker than expected. It has already done enough damage as it is.
Thank you!!! I know, I hope so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
48 candles???? WOW. Let's hope you don't need them all.

I hope things are going well up there. We are over the worst and we have not lost our power or had any major damage, just tons of rain.

Love your plans for Day 5 was it?

Kona in the morning and AP in the evening. That sounds perfect to me. I hope you love AP. I promise to take tons of food pix in December.
Hahaha not yet!! (But I'm prepared!)

That's good, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! Things seem to be calming down at the moment.

I think it was day 5, yes....I'm starting to lose track, actually!

I'm really thinking I'm going to love AP. It just has intrigued me for so long! I'll definitely want to see your pics from there!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #319
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Storm update

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!!

Thankfully it seems that things are finally starting to wind down here. Last night was pretty torrential, there were strong winds and heavy rains throughout the night, and the power went on and off a few times, but it's been on now. (I'm hearing of a few people losing power after the storm passed them, so I'm still keeping the phones all charged!)

From our windows, it seems as though our immediate vicinity isn't too damaged. A few down branches, and our parking lot had a bit of water in it, but nothing too bad. Apparently there is a lot of flooding around us though, so we've just been watching the news and seeing what's happening.

It's still a bit windy and rainy (but nowhere near like last night), which is supposed to be lessening throughout the day.

I hope that the rest of the people around the Eastern Seaboard are doing well as well!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #320
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Glad the storm wasn't too bad for you guys! I think it's supposed to start dying down around 1 here, so we're just waiting it out for now! There are a few branches down on my street, but so far, nothing terrible, thank goodness! I just hope nothing terrible happens in the next few hours!

Oh, and thanks to you and that Tonga Toast picture, I added a Kona breakfast ADR! I'm not sure if we will actually go, I added it for the day we check in to WL, so we might be too busy that day, but at least I have one!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #321
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear you are both ok following the storm passing through!

Thanks for those Tonga Toast pics! Getting that for breakfast is one of dh's must-do activities every trip. I don't mind because I can always enjoy the press pot!

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
kmrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #322
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Glad the storm wasn't too bad for you guys! I think it's supposed to start dying down around 1 here, so we're just waiting it out for now! There are a few branches down on my street, but so far, nothing terrible, thank goodness! I just hope nothing terrible happens in the next few hours!

Oh, and thanks to you and that Tonga Toast picture, I added a Kona breakfast ADR! I'm not sure if we will actually go, I added it for the day we check in to WL, so we might be too busy that day, but at least I have one!
Thanks!!! I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you either!!!

Hahaha yay!!!!!!!!!!! It's a great breakfast place, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrein View Post
Glad to hear you are both ok following the storm passing through!

Thanks for those Tonga Toast pics! Getting that for breakfast is one of dh's must-do activities every trip. I don't mind because I can always enjoy the press pot!
Thanks!!!

Hahaha the Tonga Toast used to be one of my must-do's before my cinnamon allergy worsened. We're holding out hope that it changed again and I can enjoy cinnamon again (and the Tonga Toast!!).

Neither Wingnut or I drink coffee, but I have heard great things about the press pot!
Old 08-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #323
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

30 Day Park Challenge - Day 4!

First, a storm update:

The sun is shining, and skies today are blue and beautiful. While this is certainly a nice touch, there's a ton of flooding problems around us. A lot of major roads are closed because of flooding or down trees, and I just heard that a portion of one of the major highways right by us that I use to get to work collapsed into a river because of flooding. Wingnut and I are both home today, there wasn't really a clear path for us to get to work, hopefully we'll figure out a plan tomorrow.

On to more Disney-related topics!

Day 4: Your Favorite Attraction in Fantasyland

Fantasyland is changing so much lately, I'm slightly ashamed to admit I did double-check a list of attractions there to see what's currently for the choosing.

Since I have Wingnut here today, you get to hear both of our favorites! Which, incidentally, are the same ride:

Wingnut: "I think that Philharmagic is the best done out of all the sit-down 3D shows"

I agree. I think Philharmagic is very well done, I love going through the various movies, the different scents (I know other rides have scents, but this one is just very fun and cute), and I've gotta say, I really appreciate Peter Pan making an appearance amongst the newer movies Donald visits. ("You can fly! You can fly! You can fly! You can fly! You can fly! You can fly! You can flyyyyy!")

(And no, I didn't use copy and paste for that!)

What's your favorite Fantasyland ride?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #324
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Minus the flooding I'm glad you guys are safe. My mom was all worried about me since our cable and internet went out, seems like I should have been worried about her! They live in Vermont and tons of roads got washed out! There is no way for me to drive to see them or for them to really get out of the city. But they have plenty of food, no flooding in their house. Hopefully things get back to normal soon!

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #325
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

I love Mickey's Philharmonic, first time I saw it was during MK EMH by myself, been amazed ever since. I loved Peter Pans' flight too, but Sept was my first time on it.

Tomorrowland I love Buzz and TTA

Thanks for your kind words.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #326
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I missed day 2 and 3 so going back to look for them now but my favourite fantasyland attraction is SMALL WORLD
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #327
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I found day 3 and my answer would be Monster Inc Laugh floor.. we tend to just pass through Tomorrowland although that is where I danced twice with the Irish dancing School
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #328
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
First, a storm update:

The sun is shining, and skies today are blue and beautiful. While this is certainly a nice touch, there's a ton of flooding problems around us. A lot of major roads are closed because of flooding or down trees, and I just heard that a portion of one of the major highways right by us that I use to get to work collapsed into a river because of flooding. Wingnut and I are both home today, there wasn't really a clear path for us to get to work, hopefully we'll figure out a plan tomorrow.
It's probably better than a lot of people stayed in today, anyway. Blocked and slow streets needed the reduced traffic.

Beautiful blue skies -
I hope the flooding subsides quickly.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #329
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love Philharmagic too, but I also really like Peter Pan's Flight! It's tough to choose between those 2!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #330
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I love PhilharMagic, but I must say it has really ruined 3D movies for me! I saw HP 7.5 in 3D with my boyfriend and I kept on expecting to feel or smell things! I also love Peter Pan's Flight. And the carousel. I'm not very good at this game.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: