Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
Tikitoi
DIS Veteran

Library in Orlando

(I think this goes here). I'm kind of in a pickle. I take online courses. Now I have a Dell Netbook that I had been taking on my trips with me. But recently it has been unreliable in how it charges. It's almost like you have to play with the cord to get it in a certain position before it will charge. It has even gotten as bad as totally wearing my battery down and shutting the Netbook down completely. Now I thought it was just the cord itself, but after buying a new one, I can see that it is not. Because it is still having the same charging issues.

But what I am in more of a pickle about is that as far as my online classes, I the first opens on the day we leave for WDW. Our flight leaves at 7 a.m. so could not do it from my desktop at home before I leave. And that was why I was thinking about a library in Orlando.

Though the thing with that is I would not be able to log on for my classes during the week we will be at WDW. Yes, at least I would get my test done which is very important. But "class participation" is still necessary. I've certainly done this before while on vacation, but my Netbook was a lot more convenient.

My sister says I can borrow her laptop, if I need too, but I hate to take it from her as that is all she has. And it is bigger than my Netbook.

WWYD?

TIA
OPINIONS ARE ULTIMATELY DETERMINED BY FEELINGS AND NOT BY INTELLECT Disneyland 2X...Disney Cruise 1X...Disney World 9X...And still counting for ALL...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....804324...Vegas TR

You're just a board...get over yourself!

Tikitoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

The closest branch to WDW is the South Creek Branch located on Deerfield Blvd. That's not very close to WDW at all and they don't open until 10am. It will take you at least 30 minutes to get to the library from WDW property. Here's the link:

http://www.ocls.info/Locations/default.asp

I don't know...if you have to do the classes and test while you're on vacation, you will probably need to borrow a laptop since you are having problems with yours.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Detailor
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure that there are branch libraries in Kissimmee that are much closer to the Disney area than any of the Orlando branch libraries. It seems to me that there's a branch in a strip shopping center on SR 192 near Celebration Avenue.

I'd suggest checking out locations, hours and services online - it's probably Osceola County Libraries, or something like that - and maybe calling the library to find out if you need a library card to use their services/computers.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Otter49
DIS Veteran

At the entrance to Celebration on 192. They have about 6 or 8 computers but I don't know if they're available unless you have a library card. You should probably call.

West Osceola Library
Otter49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

You could also use the business centers at Disney convention hotels (for a fee) or go over to Kinko's on Apoka Vineland (that would be my choice -- they are open 24 hours and I have had good luck using their computers...also for a fee).

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote