Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #76
pinkmiss3
Mouseketeer

You looked so pretty! I really like your dress. Everyone seemed like they had so much fun getting ready in your room. I can't wait for the wedding pics!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #77
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Wow you looked so beautiful!!!! Looking forward to more!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
I am LOVING all these photos! I can't wait to see more!
You are so sweet to me! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyPan View Post
sooo pretty! (i see the adele resemblance!love her!)

Ana did a great job with your makeup. I can only imagine how awesome it was to walk out to that view on the morning of your wedding day. I get goosebumps (cheesy, i know)

I totally agree about that carnations. Bunched up the way your girls' bouquets look, they are just gorgeous, classy & romantic.

Love the face you make when putting on the dress, its like "yeeeeah! finally!"

(fyi, thanks for the info, planning on how to tell jonathan to take me to menlo park mall, )

I'm anxious to see more!!!
Thank you, Abby! I love seeing you on here! Oh, that view was amazing. It was such a great place to stay! I love the Contemporary! Haha, RFC is great. My nephew and niece LOVE going there. I love going there with and without them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmiss3 View Post
You looked so pretty! I really like your dress. Everyone seemed like they had so much fun getting ready in your room. I can't wait for the wedding pics!
Thank you so much! I loved my dress. It is so funny how they say when it is "the one" you know it!

I am typing up the next update now!
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #78
LuluLovesDisney

The guys!

At the same time, my fiance, Rob, was with his guys getting ready, too! Unfortunately there are no pictures of him getting dressed, but there are TONS of him with his groomsmen, our ring bearer and 2 of our 4 ushers. Since they were staying offsite and they met up with Rob at the hotel, Randy included them in most pictures, too.

This is Rob helping my nephew/ring bearer button his jacket! So cute!

Outside the front of the Grand Flo!

Matthew happy to be the "leader" lol

boutonniere! I love it!

It looks like we had a battalion of men to flower-up!

The handsome groom

The best man!

Matthew with his boutonniere. Laura Kidd was our florist and one of her ideas was to give the "runt of the litter" of calla lilies to Matthew for his boutonniere. She explained that in each shipment of callas, there's always one that's a little smaller than the others, that would be perfect in this case. It was!

Rob was on the phone with Michelle because there was an issue with someone (not naming names on the internet for all to see!) not getting in the limousine on time. It wasn't me, that's all I'll say! lol Actually this might be a great time to mention that there were A LOT of things that did not go according to plan on my wedding day. Some things fell apart, some people made mistakes, but honestly this made me even MORE thankful and happy I went with a Disney wedding. Disney is one of those organizations that know how to handle problems and fix them without involving me. The best part of my day is that, as the bride, I was not informed of any problems. They were all fixed as best as possible without my knowledge, so that to me, it looked like my day was perfect and seamless. No one ever came to me and said "We have a problem" or "What should we do?" This is magic as far as I am concerned.

This is Rob opening his gift from me. It was a set of cufflinks and a box set of DVDs he's been wanting.

The guys took some pictures on the GF stairs.

Time to go!

That Wedding Pavilion was ours in just a few moments! The guys were done with their pictures and they had to scoot into the Groom's Vestibule because THE BRIDE was here! My limousine had arrived!

These are the three rose wands I ordered for my three sisters-in-law.

Looking at this, I realize I may have to do a bit of storytelling!

I am the baby of my family. I have three older brothers. Therefore, I have three sisters-in-law. I have known my eldest SIL since I was 5, the second eldest since I was 6. I have 5 nephews and a niece. I also grew up in a 2 family home with my mom's sister and her husband and daughter living upstairs. Therefore, my immediate family consists of 18 people. These are the people I spend every holiday with These are the birthdays I celebrate. These are the people I vacation with. These are the people who babysat me and whose children I babysit! So, I desperately wanted to figure out a way to include EVERYONE. Between us, we have only one living grandparent: Rob's grandfather who lives in Poland. So, with no grandparents to walk down the aisle, I thought, why not have my three brothers and sisters-in-law walk down the aisle and include them in the program? I also got them boutonnieres. So, for my sisters-in-law, I got these rose wands! My four eldest nephews became ushers (more boutonnieres) and my youngest niece and nephew are the ring bearer and flower girl you've seen so much of already! Whew! Sorry for the biography here, but I think things will make more sense if you know my family.

In addition, my mom's sister/godmother was one of the readers at the wedding and my cousin was my other MOH (if you are wondering).

So, back to the guys!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #79
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

WOW the men are looking very handsome! Love your ring bearer! He is adorable. You have such a big family. I have a tiny family and they are spread over 3 continents so barely see them. Would be lovely to have such a close connection with so many family members.
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #80
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
WOW the men are looking very handsome! Love your ring bearer! He is adorable. You have such a big family. I have a tiny family and they are spread over 3 continents so barely see them. Would be lovely to have such a close connection with so many family members.
Thank you!! I looked at your TR and you have a beautiful family! It is nice having a big family most of the time! As I am sure you can tell, I love being an aunt! I am lucky, though, my parents will be married 50 years in November. They are doing a vow renewal party, but not Disney - they prefer to stay local. They are also going to Vegas to celebrate, though.

I'll be adding more lately, I hope. I am on Hurricane Irene Watch right now.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #81
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

Everything looks so so so so so fabulous! I really can't wait to see more!!

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #82
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakrr View Post
Everything looks so so so so so fabulous! I really can't wait to see more!!
Thank you!!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #83
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLovesDisney View Post

I'll be adding more lately, I hope. I am on Hurricane Irene Watch right now.
Stay safe. Our thoughts are with everyone affected.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #84
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Stay safe. Our thoughts are with everyone affected.
Thank you!! We had our power go out but the back up came right on. We lost a tree but luckily it only hit the fence. So, all in all, we had very little impact, which we are thankful for!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #85
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

Glad to hear you stayed safe from Irene, our thoughts are with all those that didn't fare so well.

I loved the photos of the men, especially the ones with arms crossed or the ones with sunglasses And your ring bearer is adorable

Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #86
LuluLovesDisney

As the limousine pulled up to the Grand Floridian, my stomach fluttered. I was so excited! Even the walk through the lobby was just thrilling. I remembered visiting here when I was 13 and thinking it looked so luxurious and beautiful! It was amazing to me that I was going to be walking through the same lobby as a bride! It was a tough journey to arrive at this day, but it was all worth it!

I looked at my parents, who had been trying NOT to look at me! They were so nervous and emotional! I am their baby. They looked great and I was just so overwhelmed by everything, I felt as if it were a dream.

As we pulled up, I asked my niece to put my shoes back on since I'd taken them off. The door opened while she was still putting them on so Randy got a picture. She was really incredibly well behaved. I heard so many warnings not to have a 3 year old flower girl, but she took her job so seriously and she loved it. I mean LOVED it. She STILL wears her flower girl dress. It hangs on her door every day lol.

We all get out of the limousine and saw the bridesmaids getting out of the other limousine.

I think my niece was a little overwhelmed, too!

Don't drop the bouquet, don't drop the train! Just keep holding everything up! lol

And we're in the Grand Floridian!!! I am sure you can't tell how excited I am here!

Then, we walked over to the famous staircase for some formal pictures!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #87
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your latest pictures. You look so happy and excited and your flowergirls are adorable.

Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #88
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Lulu sweetie - What beautiful photos!!! What a gorgeous bride you were!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #89
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures! You look a very happy bride! Just the way it should be!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #90
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertiesquidge View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your latest pictures. You look so happy and excited and your flowergirls are adorable.

Gertiesquidge
Thank you!!! Aren't they the cutest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Lulu sweetie - What beautiful photos!!! What a gorgeous bride you were!!!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Beautiful pictures! You look a very happy bride! Just the way it should be!
Thanks so much! It was definitely one of the best days of my life!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: