Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #151
BBQMommy
DIS Veteran

Facebook Page

Will get it set up Sunday and will make it closed. I think most of the same things will get posted here and there, the main difference might be more photos on FB.

Worked setting up a booth for our business at the big Nashville BBQ festival today. Will be there most of tomorrow. Thank goodness skies are clear :-). So I will post a link for the FB group hopefully Sunday evening.

:-)
Caryn

WDW: POFQ '12, CBR '11, WL '10, PR '94 & '89, CR '72
Disney Magic: 11 Day Christmas 2010
BBQMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #152
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQMommy View Post
Will get it set up Sunday and will make it closed. I think most of the same things will get posted here and there, the main difference might be more photos on FB.

Worked setting up a booth for our business at the big Nashville BBQ festival today. Will be there most of tomorrow. Thank goodness skies are clear :-). So I will post a link for the FB group hopefully Sunday evening.

:-)
Caryn
Thank for setting up the FB group I hate to say it but it is true, addicted to FB as well (I will blame it on the iPhone App) . LOL to think long long ago I use to say I was an AOL addict - times sure have changed!

Glad to hear the skies will be clear for you tomorrow!

My

MyMyMy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #153
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisclan View Post
MyMyMy,

I will be with you guys running on Castaway. I had unexpected surgery in May and although I probably could have run in August, I didn't want to put myself at risk, especially being on an island. I was suppose to run my 1st full marathon in July but that was squashed too.... 2012 will be the year. You will get to run your half. They are fun and you will feel amazing after you finish it.

Sue

2012 Castaway 5k - Sound like a GREAT Plan!

I completely understand what you mean about not putting yourself under risk during vacation! Thanks for your support! I signed up for this on 1st day of registration in January so I do get pretty bummed when I see DH and friends train for it.
Provided that I am feeling up to it, I am planning to show up at 4:30am, walk as best as I can, may not finish the race but I can say I was there for a short time. Dr says I can start an exercise routine again at the end of September.

So I signed up for a local 10K in December to work into the groove again. And hope to be ready a Half Marathon in February/March.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #154
harrisclan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Sue, My twins will be eight but turning nine on the cruise on Thanksgiving Day. I'm sure they'd love to hang out with Abygael in the Kids Club. In fact, maybe they already did on the 8/16 cruise and we didn't know it!
If they were in Pixie Hallow, they probably did. Abygael spent most of her time in there creating new fairies.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #155
harrisclan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMyMy View Post
2012 Castaway 5k - Sound like a GREAT Plan!

I completely understand what you mean about not putting yourself under risk during vacation! Thanks for your support! I signed up for this on 1st day of registration in January so I do get pretty bummed when I see DH and friends train for it.
Provided that I am feeling up to it, I am planning to show up at 4:30am, walk as best as I can, may not finish the race but I can say I was there for a short time. Dr says I can start an exercise routine again at the end of September.

So I signed up for a local 10K in December to work into the groove again. And hope to be ready a Half Marathon in February/March.
10K is a nice length race, too bad I can never find many of them. Always a lot of 5K's. I did 2 half marathons last year and it is really an emotional thing at the end.... cried because I was tired, cried because I was done, cried because I finished. It doesn't matter how you get there, walk, run, crawl. Important part is just to try and finish. It does help if the Doctor approves though. I'm seeing my neurologist on Thursday and hopefully will get my walking papers. I want him to say "yes, you can start training for your marathon again." Last time I saw him he said, "you can start working out slowly, but pretend like you've never done it before..." I didn't like that answer.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #156
DisneyWhirled
DIS Veteran

Count us in!

Just put the deposit down today, so we will be joining you all!!

I was on the 8/16 Double Dip to CC, I may have met some of you already!!

I'd love to be invited to join the FB group!
Old 08-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #157
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWhirled View Post
Count us in!

Just put the deposit down today, so we will be joining you all!!

I was on the 8/16 Double Dip to CC, I may have met some of you already!!

I'd love to be invited to join the FB group!
Yay! So glad you are joining us. Wish there was a pilgrim smilie!! Guess a will have to suffice.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #158
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

I've been trying to figure out who was on the 8/16 Dream that is signed up for the '12 turkey cruise:

halls of VA, liswalkerc21, me, winnyis, harrisclan, disneywhirled, and hopefully Kritter.

Have I forgotten anyone who was on that cruise? My twins remember meeting some of your kids in the Club so it will be fun for them to reconnect next Thanksgiving on a new ship!

It will also be fun to meet new people too!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #159
MyMyMy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisclan View Post
10K is a nice length race, too bad I can never find many of them. Always a lot of 5K's. I did 2 half marathons last year and it is really an emotional thing at the end.... cried because I was tired, cried because I was done, cried because I finished. It doesn't matter how you get there, walk, run, crawl. Important part is just to try and finish. It does help if the Doctor approves though. I'm seeing my neurologist on Thursday and hopefully will get my walking papers. I want him to say "yes, you can start training for your marathon again." Last time I saw him he said, "you can start working out slowly, but pretend like you've never done it before..." I didn't like that answer.
I will be crossing my fingers for you next Thursday for good news.
After losing my weight, I told myself I want to run the Half. You are right, I will get there. My friend Rimi who is also joining us on the Thanksgiving cruise, will be running next weekend and then she runs the Nike Woman's run for Leukemia in the fall as well. She tells me it is a addicting. After the emotional description you gave I can see why.

But I did "trot" the San Francisco Bay to Breakers (7.5 miles) this year. It was pretty interesting though. If you never heard of the race before let's just say you have to keep your eye on the path or else there are sights that one may not want to see if you know what I mean ;-) LOL Regardless of the interesting sight seeing, I could not believe it but I crossed the finish line!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #160
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Hi Lucas,
I didn't join my last dismeet cruise FB page until late in the game (about a month prior to sail), but it seemed like people were posting tips and stuff like that on both FB and also on the meet thread. The nice thing about FB is you can post family pics and stuff and know that only people signed up can see them (that is if we have it be a closed group). So that is the main thing that a Disser would probably miss out on if not on FB. At least I think...I'm no expert by any means on FB!

Also Lucas, don't know if you want to add any information about your name and who is cruising with you, but if so, the other Caryn (castoff) is putting it all on post #2 on page 1. You can post here on the thread or PM her if you wanted to add anything.

Beth
Ok, thanks! We are really looking forward to the Fantasy. We sailed on the Dream back in May and booked while on the ship. Loved the ship but 3 nights was way too short so this one will be much better.

But first, and we are really excited, we have our Oasis of the Seas Thanksgiving 2011 cruise to look forward too. Right now I am on the RCCL Cruise Critic boards a lot. But after this Thanksgiving, I will be hitting the DCL boards hard!
Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #161
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
Welcome to all the new people joining this cruise !
I have updated page 1 2nd post. If anything needs to be changed or added just post it here or send a PM and I will take care of it.
Hi! Please add our info:

Dh (Jim) and I (Peggy) will be on the cruise.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #162
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Quote:
I've been trying to figure out who was on the 8/16 Dream that is signed up for the '12 turkey cruise:

halls of VA, liswalkerc21, me, winnyis, harrisclan, disneywhirled, and hopefully Kritter.

Have I forgotten anyone who was on that cruise? My twins remember meeting some of your kids in the Club so it will be fun for them to reconnect next Thanksgiving on a new ship!

It will also be fun to meet new people too!
Beth, Guess What we booked this cruise today!!

Count us in!!

Can't wait to see/meet everyone....

I am happy to set up the FE exchange if you guys would like me too!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #163
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
beth, guess what we booked this cruise today!!

Count us in!!

Can't wait to see/meet everyone....

I am happy to set up the fe exchange if you guys would like me too!!
yay!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #164
kritter
I need a Disney FIX!!
Trades her hubby for "Make me an offer"

Quote:
yay!!!
Beth, we are all VERY excited!! The girls can't stop talking about it!!
Jan 2003-Twins first trip, September 2003-Grand Floridian-bought DVC SSR, July/Aug. 2004-Dolphin and SSR, September 2005-SSR, October 2006-SSR and DCL Eastern Halloween Cruise,June 2007-SSR, Star Wars Weekend, Sept. 2007- SSR,April 2008-SSR, June/July 2008-SSR and Vero Beach, Oct. 2008- DCL Eastern-Pirates in Paradise and SSR, Easter/April 2009,-BCV, Aug. 2009-DCL Eastern Tortola Treasure Seekers Cruise-in a CAT 3 and SSR, Dec. 2009, SSR - Feb. 2010, - OKW -April 2010-[COLOR="SeaGreen"]SSR - June/July 2010-- SSR and Vero Beach Oct.2010--OKW
Feb. 2011 OKW April 2011 SSR Aug. 2011 Vero Beach, DCL The Dream-DD, SSR, Oct. 2011 SSR Jan. 2012 OKW April 2012 SSR June 2012 DCL, Magic out of NYC June/July 2012 SSR, Vero Beach November 2012 40th Birthday Cruise DCL Thanksgiving Fantasy
kritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #165
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritter View Post
Beth, we are all VERY excited!! The girls can't stop talking about it!!
We are so excited too! That is so nice of you to offer to organize the FE. You did such a great job doing this for the large group of Dissers on the last cruise. I'm happy to help you with it if that's okay with everyone else!

The FE a activity is so much fun for everyone. My kids love racing to the door to see if anything is in their pockets! That we will be celebrating Thanksgiving and also seeing Santa stuff go up around the ship will make FE gifts super fun to create and give away!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: