Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #61
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

Yay! Cannot wait to see more! You're going to be a gorgeous bride! =]

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
lilsqueakrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #62
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakrr View Post
Yay! Cannot wait to see more! You're going to be a gorgeous bride! =]
Thank you!! You are so sweet. I am typing things up right now
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #63
disfan melissa
Mouseketeer

I LOVE your cake at the Wave!!!!!! So pretty and fun!
Chef Brian really makes amazing cakes, we just had one our anniversary dinner at California Grill.

And the getting ready pics are fun....can't wait to see the actual wedding pics!
disfan melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #64
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

I love all the things you have done for your smallest guests, they and their parents must have really appreciated it

The getting ready pictures of all you ladies in the room look a lot of chaotic fun and I can't wait to see the actual wedding photos.

Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #65
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

How much fun does that look? All girls getting made over! Can't wait to see more!
ScotsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #66
AbbyPan
"...oh he's a codfish, a codfish, a codfish..."

Lulu!!!!!! long time no speak! I'm loving your report.

Iím so sorry you were sick (I got sick too the day we arrived in wdw before the wedding)
But glad you started feeling better!!!

AND I LOVE that first monorail picture (JEALOUS!!) what a great shot!
I know how you feel when your friends and family arrive, it really does make it so real.

Really sorry to hear about your friend Matt, may I ask how he passed?

Your niece is adorable- you look so cute in that picture with her at MK. Isnít it fun doing the parks with them? I love it!
Where is there a RFC in NJ? I thought they got rid of the one in the mall? I would love to go back!
All the gifts were so sweet!

More importantly, Iím glad you were able to take the time & enjoy those few minutes of your special day- it really just flies!

...waiting for more!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #67
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan melissa View Post
I LOVE your cake at the Wave!!!!!! So pretty and fun!
Chef Brian really makes amazing cakes, we just had one our anniversary dinner at California Grill.

And the getting ready pics are fun....can't wait to see the actual wedding pics!
Thank you for the compliments. I still have that cake topper in the fridge! lol It still looks great! He does amazing work! I'd love to see your cake! I have over 5000 pictures from that week (between ours and professional) so I am slow going, but excited to share!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertiesquidge View Post
I love all the things you have done for your smallest guests, they and their parents must have really appreciated it

The getting ready pictures of all you ladies in the room look a lot of chaotic fun and I can't wait to see the actual wedding photos.

Gertiesquidge

It was great! Thank you so much. I think the little ones have been made into Disney fans for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
How much fun does that look? All girls getting made over! Can't wait to see more!
Oh, it was VERY girlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyPan View Post
Lulu!!!!!! long time no speak! I'm loving your report.

Iím so sorry you were sick (I got sick too the day we arrived in wdw before the wedding)
But glad you started feeling better!!!

AND I LOVE that first monorail picture (JEALOUS!!) what a great shot!
I know how you feel when your friends and family arrive, it really does make it so real.

Really sorry to hear about your friend Matt, may I ask how he passed?

Your niece is adorable- you look so cute in that picture with her at MK. Isnít it fun doing the parks with them? I love it!
Where is there a RFC in NJ? I thought they got rid of the one in the mall? I would love to go back!
All the gifts were so sweet!

More importantly, Iím glad you were able to take the time & enjoy those few minutes of your special day- it really just flies!

...waiting for more!
Hey, Miss Abby!!! How are you doing?? Thank you so much for the sweet compliments. Matt had cryptococcal meningitis- it is a virus that it normally transmitted through bird droppings- and his immune system wasn't strong enough to fight it off. I miss him.

There is an RFC at Menlo! You're right about the one at Jersey Gardens, of course!

It is really nice to be able to relive some of the wedding week sharing the highlights on here. <3 I am SO glad you found me on here again!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #68
LuluLovesDisney

The WEDDING DAY . . . continued.

Now, with Randy here, it really felt like it was official! As I heard his shutter snap, I couldn't help but imagine that these were my WEDDING pictures he was taking. So surreal.

My two MOH looking beautiful.

Ana was so good with my niece. I still can't believe how well she sat for her hair!

My other flower girl, getting her curls scrunched!

My dress and veil, ready to go!

As a little something special, my MOH Lorie brought some champagne

. . . and decorated some champagne glasses with ribbon for drinking while we were getting ready! Ahh, champagne at 8 am!

This is why she is my best friend! lol

This picture makes me wish I had cleaned up the room a bit more! There were just too many women in that room for it to be neat!

Randy took some pictures around the room as well.

In this line up, you see my two pairs of shoes: one for the wedding, one for my MK photo shoot, as it worked out. You can also see some of my good luck items. You know, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a sixpence for your shoe? You see on the left a sixpence for your shoe in the crocheted lace holder. That is a sixpence that is passed around with some online friends who are also Disney brides I pinned it to my slip. My something blue is that bride handkerchief, my mom gave to me. My something old is that little ivory floral piece on top of the handkerchief. It was part of my grandmother's headpiece that she wore on her wedding day. The veil yellowed and crumbled, but this was the part that attached to her head, so it was a great way to honor her. She passed away before I was born, but my mother named me after her (her name was Mary). Lastly, there is a penny from the year I was born. My sister in law gave it to me to wear on my wedding day, it is supposed to be good luck. I think people use it instead of the sixpence, but I guess I am double-lucky since I had both. As far as something new, that could be my wedding dress or shoes. My something borrowed was my sister in law's pearls which belonged to her grandmother. You'll see them later.

I was still getting my face put on here, so pardon my naked face!

They let me check out my eye makeup before they went any further. I loved it. I had given them this picture of Adele when I went for my trial. I told them I wanted natural colors but to emphasize the eyes. I love thick, retro pin-up eyeliner, but I also wanted the rest of the face very natural- lips and cheeks.

I think they did an awesome job on me, both Ana and Rosie.

I was ready for my false lashes!

Randy joined my girls on the balcony and took some shots around the room, since he did not need to document lash-gluing!

and my lashes were on!

I am so happy I got them! If you are undecided, go for the lashes!

This was when Randy gave me my gift from Rob! I was shocked. It was a gorgeous diamond necklace, Asscher cut to match my engagement ring (!), except this was in a pave setting.

My first thought was omg, he really went over the top! I wear it all the time, though! I absolutely adore it! Now, I was so conflicted though, do I wear the pearls my sister in law gave to me or the diamond necklace Rob gave me? Since I had no matching earrings, I ended up with the pearls, but planned to change into the diamond one for the dessert party!

To be continued . . .

Last edited by LuluLovesDisney; 08-25-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #69
LuluLovesDisney

There was another knock on our door, the one we've been waiting for- Disney Floral!

My bouquet was PERFECT! The perfect shade of pink lemonade pink! I chose roses and callas, which are both my favorite flowers. They are the favorite flowers of each of my grandmothers as well They added pearls and crystals and a couple hidden Mickeys!

Since my girls had pink dresses, I wanted them to carry white flowers- carnations like the flowers I used in the ceremony decor. Yes, I love carnations. They, like many people, are underrated. They also have power in numbers when they are clustered like this. Gorgeous!

In there are also the purses filled with petals for my two flower girls!

Everything had exposed stems because I think they are so wonderfully natural looking that way!

This was in the orange glass bowl they have in the Contemporary rooms. It was the beautiful silk bouquet my friend made for me. She does awesome work through Etsy (Stylish Stems). I wanted to preserve MY wedding bouquet through Keepsake Floral, so I was against having a MK refresh, because then if I preserved it after that, they wouldn't be "my" wedding flowers. So, I went with a silk one for the MK photo shoot. There was also the Happily Ever After door hanger that Rob bought for us to hang on the door on our wedding night! We still have it hanging on our door!

Here you can finally see my "something borrowed"- the pearls! You can also see my purse here. I LOVED my purse!

Time to finish my champagne!

and put on my veil!

Here Ana is explaining to me how to get my dress on and walk around with a cathedral length veil!

With everything else ready, it was time to put on my dress!

Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #70
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures so far! Thanks so much for sharing! I agree with you, carnations are SO underrated!
roxysmum123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #71
LuluLovesDisney

My wedding dress!

I couldn't believe I was about to put on my wedding dress! I had my MOH help me into my crinoline and underpinnings. Then, my mom and my friend Lauren helped me put the dress on!

If you notice, the dress has sleeves. I was so undecided the seamstress made them detachable. I wasn't sure up until this moment even, whether I would wear them. I decided to go without, thinking I'd put them on at the dessert party.

I love this picture!

It took a little work, but it went smoothly! I was in my wedding dress!

My veil needed a little adjustment, but between Ana and my mom, I was in good hands.

Randy wanted me to go on the balcony for some pictures. People were waving to me and pointing at me! I hadn't even left the room yet and I already felt like "the bride"!

You can see the detail on the back of my dress here.

This picture reminds me of how F. Scott Fitzgerald describes Daisy and Jordan's white dresses blowing in the breeze in "The Great Gatsby". Perfect for an English teacher on her wedding day!

Just as that serene scene ended when Tom closed the window, this serene scene ended when our videographer picked up the phone and said Michelle told us it was time to go; the limousines were out front ready to take us to the Grand Floridian for some pictures.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #72
LuluLovesDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysmum123 View Post
Beautiful pictures so far! Thanks so much for sharing! I agree with you, carnations are SO underrated!
Hi, there! You snuck in while I was updating Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I am so glad you agree about the carnations. You will be seeing lots more of them!!
Old 08-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #73
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Wow you looked so beautiful!!!! Looking forward to more!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #74
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

I am LOVING all these photos! I can't wait to see more!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #75
AbbyPan
"...oh he's a codfish, a codfish, a codfish..."

sooo pretty! (i see the adele resemblance!love her!)

Ana did a great job with your makeup. I can only imagine how awesome it was to walk out to that view on the morning of your wedding day. I get goosebumps (cheesy, i know)

I totally agree about that carnations. Bunched up the way your girls' bouquets look, they are just gorgeous, classy & romantic.

Love the face you make when putting on the dress, its like "yeeeeah! finally!"

(fyi, thanks for the info, planning on how to tell jonathan to take me to menlo park mall, )

I'm anxious to see more!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: