Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I am always up for a walk around World Showcase, so thanks for the pictures. Have you explored many of the exhibits, like the Viking stuff, the Japanese toys, or the Tomb Warriors?

You DIS teens just keep working hard to give all teenagers a better reputation. You have your work cut out for you to offset some of the kids that get ridiculous when they are away from adult supervision and with their peers. Sometimes they do and say things that they think will be 'cool' in front of their peers, but they really just end up showing their ignorance. Just remember that we (adults) respect you guys for your goodness and would rather hang out with you any day than with a bunch of silly goofs like them. For the most part, if you get them alone, they are pretty good kids, too, but they are trying to figure out where they fit in their world. Unfortunately, they often do and say things to mask insecurities and make fun of others to make themselves look better. They fail miserably, too.
I'm sorry I didn't have more (the moments when I needed my own camera), but you're welcome. Nope, sadly, we really didn't stop at all going around World Showcase, so the only pavilions we really went inside of were Mexico, Norway and Japan somewhat. I really haven't been able to pay attention to World Showcase, but I'm going to really try and see more there on my next trip. I've heard about the tomb warriors, but the others not really, so I definitely got to add that to my list.

We (well, I) try our bust. Though I agree, they are just tough eggs to crack. The thing is there is NO plausible reason for them to act in this manner. I was at Disney with school and majority of the trip us high schoolers were on our own, no adults. We have rules along with various chaperones, but it's not like they are by our sides every second and can't control what we do. Also, my school has been doing trips like these for years with no trouble, we've actually been complimented for our behavior. Even on the trip, I didn't feel like I was bothering anyone and the CMs enjoyed us and when they are irritated, you know something's wrong. I also ran into other groups and they seemed fine with it all too. So I think what other teens I've seen on trips is no reasonable way to act. I can see where insecurities may come into play, but you got to look past that and be a more mature, better person. I hate this reputation they've made of us teens and I'm so glad you (adults) respect us DIS-Teens because we do NOT act the way these teens do and I know most of my friends are the same way (though I gotta get some of them to shut up on the HM ). Alright, I think I may have ranted enough So I'll just leave it at that
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: