Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #196
noname70
Mouseketeer

What are some of the options instead of cake/brownies etc for dessert? I've heard that you can get another drink-is that true? My kids don't eat many sweets.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #197
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
What are some of the options instead of cake/brownies etc for dessert? I've heard that you can get another drink-is that true? My kids don't eat many sweets.
Kids don't get a lot of sweet options. At most Disney CS they can pick from a group that usually includes not only cookies or ice cream, but apple slices, carrots, grapes, maybe some yogurt. Don't know if kids can get a second drink. that's if they are 3-9. If they're 10 or older they can ask for these things or maybe a second drink. It's going to depend on what's available at each individual restaurant.
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #198
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
The kids menus don't have cake or brownies for dessert. Those are offered on the adult (10 years and over) menu. It may work quite well for your kids then. Although I doubt they would let you take a second beverage with a kids meal, children's meals consist of an entree and two sides which are generally a choice of any two items from grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or a cookie. If they like fruit then this could be a solution for you

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #199
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Kids don't get a lot of sweet options. At most Disney CS they can pick from a group that usually includes not only cookies or ice cream, but apple slices, carrots, grapes, maybe some yogurt. Don't know if kids can get a second drink.
Spooky! We posted at the same time and it looks like you were right inside my mind

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #200
MommytoaSweetie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
The kids menus don't have cake or brownies for dessert. Those are offered on the adult (10 years and over) menu. It may work quite well for your kids then. Although I doubt they would let you take a second beverage with a kids meal, children's meals consist of an entree and two sides which are generally a choice of any two items from grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce or a cookie. If they like fruit then this could be a solution for you
It's also worth noting that the cookies that are available with most kid's meals are processed and icky - the adult dessert options are way better, so we just share them anyway and grab an extra bag of grapes if the kids aren't as hungry to eat later. Our kids normally get their entree (often the nasty processed chicken nuggets ) with applesauce and grapes, plus milk or juice.

We are so blessed! Trip to WDW in the 80s courtesy of Make-A-Wish, two trips in the 90s thanks to youth group and a band trip, then a trip in 2004 with DH - what started the trend. Another short trip in 2005, a trip to DisneyLand in 2008 with our DD1, another trip to WDW in 2008 with DD1, trip in 2010 with DD1 and DD2, and just another in February 2011 with DD1 and DD2. It's been amazing!

DH, me, and our two beautiful girls (5 and 3)

Our dining report from our February 2011 trip
MommytoaSweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #201
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Where do you all do this "converting" to snacks from QS credits? Is it at your resort somewhere?

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #202
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Where do you all do this "converting" to snacks from QS credits? Is it at your resort somewhere?
usually at the resort. You can trade 1CS credit for 3 snack items. It's up to the CM working if they'll let you do this or not.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #203
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
usually at the resort. You can trade 1CS credit for 3 snack items. It's up to the CM working if they'll let you do this or not.

This is 100% accurate. I just want to add one more idea.

A CS Credit is a Drink, a dessert, and an entree. The first two are already snacks. You can quite often substitute a dessert/fruit/fries for your entree in the park and pretty much accomplish a conversion without actually using the word convert. Also, in the park, you can occasionally get a cold sandwich (or uncrustable) for the road as part of your CS credit. We often do this at Main St Bakery on our last day when we used the Dining Plans.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #204
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
This is 100% accurate. I just want to add one more idea.

A CS Credit is a Drink, a dessert, and an entree. The first two are already snacks. You can quite often substitute a dessert/fruit/fries for your entree in the park and pretty much accomplish a conversion without actually using the word convert. Also, in the park, you can occasionally get a cold sandwich (or uncrustable) for the road as part of your CS credit. We often do this at Main St Bakery on our last day when we used the Dining Plans.
We always end our Disney trip at DTD. We grab lunch at WPE and then we grab sandwiches at EOS to eat at the airport while waiting for the plane, then to goofy's candy company to use our remaining snack credits. Can't wait for December to get here
Old 08-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #205
sunburnin
Mouseketeer

9 year old as an adult for DDP

Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

Thanks DISers!!!! My wife says he'll eat that $25 in his first meal. HA!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #206
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburnin View Post
Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

Thanks DISers!!!! My wife says he'll eat that $25 in his first meal. HA!
It will definitely be worth it!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #207
FjmArch
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if Disney makes there own Mac and Cheese or is it a name brand?
FjmArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #208
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjmArch View Post
Does anyone know if Disney makes there own Mac and Cheese or is it a name brand?
I know at least Liberty Tree Tavern is sponsored by Stauffers..so the Mac and Cheese is from Stauffers. I don't think that any of the restaurants "make their own" from what I have seen of my kids meals.
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #209
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Just a friendly reminder. So long as Disney's written policy clearly states that kids credits must be used for kids meals, that's what we can discuss for tips and tricks on the boards.

Hints or suggestions on how to work around Disney's written policy will be removed from this thread.

For those interested in tracking credits on their own, check out the creative DISigns board. They offer several punch cards that you can carry that will help you out.

Thanks
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #210
IndianSummer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
Just a friendly reminder. So long as Disney's written policy clearly states that kids credits must be used for kids meals, that's what we can discuss for tips and tricks on the boards.

Hints or suggestions on how to work around Disney's written policy will be removed from this thread.

For those interested in tracking credits on their own, check out the creative DISigns board. They offer several punch cards that you can carry that will help you out.

Thanks
I'm not sure why my question was removed. It wasn't a hint or a suggestion, just a legitimate question about my confusion. I guess there really must be dumb questions, after all.
IndianSummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: