|08-22-2011, 10:59 PM||#1|
Earning My Ears
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nor Cal
Last Minute Disney Trip 8/18 - 8/21
Last minute trip to Disneyland with DW & DK's [DD 5, DS 10 & DD 11]
Great trip. Crowds were pretty good Friday and Saturday. My DS loved the new ST's. Definite must see for any Star Wars fan. Our DD 5 loved the Arial ride. The "new" Goofy ride is just the old Mullholland Madness with a new paint job but our DK's still loved it.
There's an updated restaurant section at the end of California [where the old Surf Pizza place was] We didn't eat there but it looked nice and they added a lot of tables in the shade to eat.
* Crowds were much less than I expected for August
* Weather was nice, Sunny and 80 on most days
* Star Tours - 30 minutes was the longest wait we had
* Little Mermaid - No need to FP longest wait was 10 - 15 minutes
* Watched fireworks from the Plaza Inn. [outside tables] We usually camp out in front of the castle but this is a great spot to watch with kids. We had a late dinner at 8 and then waited for the fireworks. No need to camp out and no one standing up in front of your DKs.
* FP tickets from the Disney Hotel deal worked out great! They should keep this as a perk for staying on property.
* GC now charges $15 a night for self parking.
* Early entry to California from GC is at 9am. You can get your WOC passes and then walk over to LM to ride a couple of times before the park opens.
* There is still a lot of construction going on in California. A lot of the park near the entrance is being worked on
* Sad to see the California Zephyr Train was gone
* Matterhorn closed for refurb
|08-23-2011, 12:37 AM||#2|
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Were the * items surpises for you? You seem ready for a few things but maybe not other things.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|