Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Joining in

By the way, none of you look your ages, you must have very good genes

Your Grandma certainly doesn't look anywhere near 83 !
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

great report so far
accountingbabe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #18
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Loved your review of Artist Pointe.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Wonderful review and can't wait to read more! I've been seeing such great reviews of AP lately. I'm staying at WL in a few weeks and don't have an ADR for AP! What was I thinking? I need to fit it in! I laughed at the photo of your room because I didn't even see your DH's legs there until I read the "bonus" underneath it. The room looks lovely. I sure hope we get upgraded too!

Can't wait for more!!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #20
Buntington
Mouseketeer

Akershus Princess Breakfast

Epcot is my absolute favorite park. I've always loved the World Showcase, even as a small child, so with 5 days at the parks, I picked Epcot as the park to visit twice. I also love the dining at Epcot, of course, and there are so many restaurant options! We decided to begin and end our trip with Epcot, so 8/10 was our first Epcot day. Grandma is not Norwegian, but she married a Norwegian and learned all about the culture (and traditional baking!), so Mom and I identify with our Norwegian origins, and DH is also of Norwegian and Swedish descent. So we were very excited to go to the Akershus princess breakfast for our first breakfast ADR!

We got to Epcot at about 8 a.m. for our 8:20 a.m. ADR, and the park was deserted. It was a rainy day, and it was cool and lovely to walk through the empty park on our way to the World Showcase.

Duck crossing! So cute!

When we arrived at the Norway pavilion, part of the Puffin's Roost was open, so we browsed for a bit while we waited to be seated. We actually only had to wait for about five minutes before they called our name. Then we had our picture taken with Belle...

Akershus has a cold buffet, but they also bring hot food to your table family style. I took a few pictures of the cold buffet for good measure:

Everything looked really good. I stayed away from the cold smoked fish just to be safe, but Grandma had some and said it was delicious. Here are a few of our plates before we filled them with hot food:

My Plate

DH's plate

Our server was very attentive and brought the hot plate out quickly:

The princesses were out in force by the time we got seated. Snow White, Ariel, and Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) all stopped by our table to say hello. Then they led all of the kids around the restaurant in a princess parade. A lot of the little girls were dressed in princess costumes, and it was absolutely adorable. I can't wait to take my future child (boy or girl!) to this breakfast!

Ariel in her gown

So how was the food? We thought it was all pretty good. DH gave it a 3 because he preferred his eggs more dry and he thought the bacon had too much fat on it, but he liked his bagel and the lingonberry cream cheese. We both tried the mini lingonberry muffins and thought they were excellent. Grandma, Mom, and I all thought the potato casserole was excellent, and the sausage was perfectly cooked and had nice flavor. Grandma, Mom, and I rated it a 4 overall. It was tasty for a breakfast buffet, great selection, and we really had no complaints, but it wasn't out of this world amazing. You're obviously paying for the character interaction more than the food, but I would definitely visit again. We had a lot of fun and I'm sure it will be even more fun when we have our own children with us.
Planning Baby's First Trip December 2014!
Buntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
Buntington
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Joining in

By the way, none of you look your ages, you must have very good genes

Your Grandma certainly doesn't look anywhere near 83 !

Thanks for the compliment! I'll have to let her know--maybe she'll be more amenable to posing for pictures next time if I remind her of how young she looks!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #22
Buntington
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Wonderful review and can't wait to read more! I've been seeing such great reviews of AP lately. I'm staying at WL in a few weeks and don't have an ADR for AP! What was I thinking? I need to fit it in! I laughed at the photo of your room because I didn't even see your DH's legs there until I read the "bonus" underneath it. The room looks lovely. I sure hope we get upgraded too!

Can't wait for more!!
I'm honestly not sure how/why we got upgraded--all we said on our room request was that we were celebrating our anniversary and would like a nice view, and Grandma requested to be close to the lobby because she and Mom both have trouble walking. The room we got was right next to the lobby elevator AND had a great view--I guess it was just the Disney magic working for us! Hope it happens for you as well!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #23
Buntington
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Great review and pics of Artist Point! It's one of my absolute favorite WDW restaurants.

Sorry that DH didn't really enjoy the berry mousse. It was actually my favorite dessert on my past trip - I thought it had the tartness of berries, the subtle sweetness of banana, the creaminess of the vanilla ice cream on the side (at least it was vanilla when I had it) and a wonderfully light texture. Because the mousse was light after a heavy meal, I actually preferred it to the berry cobbler, which I also love.
Yeah, I sometimes doubt DH's reviews of things because he's so picky. He prefers storebought brownie mix to my homemade brownies made from Katharine Hepburn's recipe, so something must be up with his taste buds. I didn't try the mousse (too busy enjoying the cobbler!), but it might have been just fine!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #24
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

So glad you enjoyed the Princess breakfast, we have been twice and it was excellent both times...my niece pigged out and ate three of those ligonberry muffins, wished they sold them at the bakery in Norway
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Loved your review of AP! It is one of our very favorite restaurants. I am looking forward to more of your reviews!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #26
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Artist Point looks wonderful, and I'm glad you enjoyed Akershus too. I love those breakfast potatoes!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #27
Disney_Mama
DIS Veteran

Loving your reviews and pictures. Can't wait for more.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #28
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival

Can't believe Grandma is in her 80's - let's hope she has passed her young gene onto you and your baby.

Food so far looks great - we love Akershus

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #29
momforchrist777
Earning My Ears

Great reviews thus far!!!
momforchrist777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #30
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Signing on! We've never been to Artist Point and I've been reading great reviews. We need to get there soon!

Tags
dxdp dining review

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: