Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #31
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Wow here I am thinking mine is the worst ever!!

So my fantastic MIL told me that my DD (5) isnt really a grandchild of hers cause we did IVF/FET to have her and didnt do it the "old fashion" way. She has never treated my child like her other granddaughters and until just his past summer my chlid didnt know what a grandmother was.
Then she got drunk (normal thing since they are all alcoholics) and decided to post all over her FB page nasty, rude, ugly and untrue things about me and my DD who who was murdered 20 years ago. Needless to say that was the last and final straw. My DH got so angry he blew up at her and we havent had to deal with her since...going on a full year now
My SIL (married to my BIL) is a piece of work in her right. We call her the Queen of Hearts - off with their heads! She is so mean, angry and manipulative that I cant even stand to be in the same room with her. My BIL is so whipped that he is actually the butt of many stories. I figure his choice to be married to her so he deserves what he gets. She will actually scream and yell at him in front of everyone and anyone. She will say things to me to think I will get mad at my DH and then gets irritate that Im not angry at him for what she told me he did. I just hate her and in my life time there has been only 2 people I could say I honestly hated..then I met these folks and my list has grown.
And one more cause it made my day my DD's first Christmas all she got was a dollar store card addressed to baby girl. Uhmm we picked out her name when I was 4 months pregnant and had never swayed from it and she was born in November..are you telling me you dont know her name. She tried to call her Lori one day as an abbreviation for Lorelei..yeah dont think so
Sorry to go on and on...but I could write a book...maybe I should make some money off these idiots!!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #32
crazy4mm
Mouseketeer

I'm not trying to top anyone either....I'm just relieved to hear the it's not just me that has issues with ILs.

It took a long time before I could ever tell this story, but we are in a much better place since our "big blowout" that I've been able to tell most of our story (though not many know - until now cause this IS the internet, right?! LOL!)

Anyway, I could go on and on - but I'll TRY to be brief and paint the entire picture.

DH is one of 5 - two older sisters, two younger brothers - and has felt "less loved" his entire life. Since I've been in the picture for the past 16 yrs, I have recognized that MIL and FIL always held one of the siblings "on a pedestal" (though not always the same sibling, it rotated).

MIL was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's (fast progression). As a result FIL decided they should more into a smaller house. DH and I offered to sell our house and buy theirs in case MIL wondered off and made her way back to the family home. In the meantime, I had been taking MIL grocery shopping every week. DH and I also agreed to buy FIL's small livery company, so he could work less and spend more time with MIL. All agreed.

Shorlty after we put our house on the market, I found out I was pregnant with my youngest DS. Anyway, our house sold after a few shorts months and we had to move. However, MIL and FIL hadn't even STARTED looking for a house. So MIL and FIL offered to let us live in their basement....yes I said basement! A 4 bedroom, 2 story colonial - and DH, pregnant me and our 2 young kids moved into the basement!

Fast forward 4 1/2 months (thru Thanksgiving and Christmas when DH got into a big fight with SIL and BIL)....MIL and FIL finally found a house and moved out. We finally moved up and out of the basement! Because it took so long for MIL and FIL to look for a house, we had decided not to get a mortgage yet (in case it didn't happen). BIG MISTAKE! (More on that in a bit.)

Meantime, FIL (now working for us) started deciding in the middle of his work shifts that he was going to make plans for later that day and we needed to find someone else to cover the rest of his shift. This happened multiple times. Being a small company, covering a shift meant DH or I would have to lock up the office and drive instead. This was VERY upsetting to both DH and I. Then FIL decided that he needed to spend more time with MIL - so one day he told us (the owners) that he was going to cut his hours in half, only work the few corporate mail service contracts we had but he was still going to make the same amount of money! WHAT??!!

Now that we were feuding about the business.......MIL and FIL decided to include problems with the purchase agreement for the house. AND THIS IS WHERE IT GETS UGLY......(WARNING: You may want to stop reading now.)...

Wait...Before I continue, let me just remind you that at this time, I had 2 children (DD4 and DS2) and I was now 7 months pregnant, oh and having blood pressure issues (gee...I wonder why).....

It's March 5th - I'm making dinner and the doorbell rings. When I open the door, the gentleman hands me a paper and says "You've been served." .......With what you ask? AN EVICTION NOTICE!!!

I immediately called DH hysterical. Instead of coming home, DH drove to MIL/FIL's home and FIRED FIL.

We changed the locks on the house (for fear of FIL coming in anytime he wanted to), found a small apartment and moved out by the end of that month. We haven't spoken to any of them since. They have never met DS8.

Four years ago, we moved 2hrs away from them because of DH's job so we really don't have to worry about running into them anywhere. (Though we still visit my family back there.)

DH still talks with his aunt - MIL's sister. She told him that when he was growing up, she always tried to pay more attention to DH because she knew he wasn't getting attention and love at home. How sad is that?

My kids don't know the story behing why we don't talk to them anymore. And the only one that even remembers them is DD.

And though everything we went thru sucked.....we are sooooo much better off without them. Every party, gathering and just everyday life is so much less stressfull without having to deal with my ILs!!

July 1987 -Walt Disney World 15yr Celebration (My 1s Visit)
Oct/Nov 1996 - Walt Disney World 25yr Celebration (Our Honeymoon!)
Feb 1998 - Disneyland (My 1st, and only, Visit)
Sept 2008 - Walt Disney World (Our kids' 1st Visit, MNSSHP)
Sept/Oct 2011 - Walt Disney World 40yr Celebration (Our 15th Anniversary Celebration! MNSSHP, 1st F&W Fest)

Upcoming:
Dec 2013/Jan 2014 - Walt Disney World NYE Celebration (1st Candlelight Processional, 1st NYE Celebration, 1st Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights)
Aug 2014 - hoping for 1st Disney cruise!

crazy4mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #33
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Kindred spirits one and all!

To answer the earlier question...no, MIL is not invited to ride out the zombie-apocalypse at our "compound". I might tether her to the stop sign up on the corner to lure them away from the house...then again, she's so bitter, and unpleasant I don't think even the zombies would eat her.

So remember that antique store she just opened (with what money?? I have no idea)? So she's stocking the store with her many antiques, some of which she's been storing in one of our barns. She calls up Dh and announces that she will be taking the dining room set to put in the shop. What dining room set, you ask? OURS. The one she GAVE us 8 1/2 years ago when we moved in to our home and is IN MY DINING ROOM. She'd like if back to sell in her new store, please.

For real?? Yes...for real.

So not only does she TAKE MY FURNITURE FROM MY HOUSE...she does it at 6am in the morning, while I am away at a horse show and DH is asleep. She lets herself and some guy she found on Craigslist (not her bf) to help her move the heavy furniture, IN TO MY HOME WITHOUT PERMISSION. Dh hears noises downstairs and runs down to see what's going on and finds MIl and two strange men rummaging through our diningroom.

Not only did she take the furniture, she also asked for a set of vases that I had sitting on the buffet/hutch. She had given those to me as a bridal shower gift 6 years ago when Dh and I were getting married. She said "Since you aren't using them..."

Ummm..no, I don't have flowers in them at the moment but I was displaying them. Guess that's not "using" them.

FTR, right after she walked out the door with the strangers, we changed the locks.

Also, she kicked out HER father, who is an invalid (had a stroke and is unable to speak and paralyzed on his entire left side) out of her house because she was tired of taking care of him. She KICKED HIM OUT...but kept his handicapped parking placard because she broke her knee back in March and still feels she needs it more than he does. More than the wheelchair bound man (who now lives with his youngest son who relocated from NY to NC to come care for his father). MIL still tries to dictate how her brother cares for their dad though. He brother doesn't take her crap though. He's awesome.

MIL also refused to give her father his old black and white wedding portrait when she kicked him out. She claimed "It's mine!"...even though it's the only pic the man has of him and his deceased wife. Luckily the son caring for him had a copy of the picture, and put it in a lovely frame for his dad. MIL saw the new pic, decided it was in better condition than the one she refused to give up and demanded they give her the better one. Her brother laughed at her.

Don't forget...she thinks her dog is her deceased husband.

Last edited by Jennasis; 08-17-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Jennasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #34
SleepyMom
DIS Veteran

These stories are just heartbreaking I don't understand why some people need to treat others the way they do, especially when it is family!

I have been the lucky DIL of 2 MIL's who didn't like me. Both decided this without meeting me, so I firmly believe it was their own issue and not mine.

MIL#1 kept up a large picture (hung on the wall) of ex and his prom date the entire time we were married and refused to have any pics of me in the house.

MIL & FIL #1 were so mad while I was pregnant that they only spoke to me 3 times during that time... one of those times was to tell me at a huge family gathering that the names ex told them we had picked out were "ridiculous".

MIL#1 asked me to call her and FIL instead of the police when ex was in a mood (as she called it) because we all lived in a small town and they didn't want people to know he was abusing me.

They dropped DD and I from their insurance (ex worked for them in a small family business and that was to be one of his benefits) so that we had none, but made sure to keep their daughter who did not work for them and lived 2,000 miles away under their coverage.

There were many others, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

With MIL#2 it was a constant negative stream until she passed away. She refused to meet me while DH and I were dating because I was divorced with a child (she was on her 4th marriage with 7 kids by 3 different dads ). I finally met her one month before we were married and only because she demanded DH come for Thanksgiving and he told her he wouldn't leave me home alone on a holiday.

We were married at Christmas and she showed up at the open house (we had a courthouse wedding with an open house reception afterwards) loaded for bear. She was so nasty in the video that we don't watch it at all.

When our son was born premature and passed away shortly after birth she refused to come for his funeral and told me that we wasted his name on a child who would never use it (we named him after DH and I) and she told me that my son dying wasn't as bad as her son dying (DH had an older brother who passed away before DH was born) because our son was just a baby.

The next year I was pregnant with DD and placed on bed rest in October, and put into the hospital in November (baby was due in February). She was livid we couldn't travel at Thanksgiving. By Christmas I had been in the hospital a month and she wanted him to leave me there and come home (2hours away) to spend Christmas with her He refused and again she was livid and said I had plenty of people to look after me and didn't need him there.

The 1st time I said I wanted to spend an actual holiday with my family (we have a laid back family and usually get together for a late holiday) was 10 years into our marriage. She was so mad! The next holiday she called DH and asked if we would be coming and he said he didn't know yet, she yelled into the phone that we had "spent the last one with HER family and now we had to come home for this one". After spending nearly every holiday there for 10 years (except when I was in the hospital) she actually had the nerve to be mad that we spent one with my family, and she called me HER instead of using my name

My oldest DD had the unlucky honor of being the ONLY step-grandchild in the family and was always treated very differently than the other grandkids. Then when younger DD came along she was treated a bit better, but she was still my daughter so that meant she wasn't up to the level of the regular grandkids, and she certainly would never reach the level of the "golden grandkids". MIL also only visited the grave of our son 1 time and only because she was in our car and we gave her no choice in going.

MIL only stayed at our house 1 night in all those years, and younger DD was in a play that same night. We asked MIL to go with us (she had never gone to anything for either of our DD's and we only lived 2 hours away, yet she had traveled 9 hours one way to see the golden grandson play hockey several times). She told us no and that she wanted to just sit at our home to relax that evening, so we went without her. Got home later that night and there was an extra car in the driveway, MIL had called golden grandson the moment we left (he lived in our town at the time) and asked him to come over and sit with her because we had left her home alone

I could go on and on... MIL has been gone a few years and sadly her daughter (my SIL) has taken over for her now on being the negative one and demanding everyone be there for every holiday... ah, the joys of IL's.

NEXT UP... Moving youngest DD to WDW for her DCP, August 2014!!! January 2014 - 15 people seeing the World! Jan 2013 ~ Birthday trip for DD Oct 2011 ~ Mother/youngest DD, DSisIL & DNiece Jan 2011 ~ Mother/oldest DD trip May 2010 ~ Surprise Trip!!!
February 2009 ~ Girls Trip ~ SIL, DNiece, 2DD's and me! 10/07 Our family of 4 and Brothers family of 5 6/05 Family trip - DL & DCA
11/04 Mother/youngest Daughter trip - WDW 9/02 Family trip - US/IOA, SW & DC, WDW 12/99 Family trip - WDW & SW
7/91 First Family trip - DL

Last edited by SleepyMom; 08-17-2011 at 02:13 PM.
SleepyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #35
jandel
Mouseketeer

Kindred spirits indeed! I think the saving grace is we are (mostly) able to laugh at how ridiculous their behaviour is! I do feel really bad for DH as they aren't getting any younger. I hate that they have treated their only son so poorly that he feels almost nothing towards them any longer. Really sad. Oh, did I mention that the last time the junkie sister called she relayed to DH that his mom was revising her will (for what I don't know - they have nothing of value) and she needed his social security number to give to the insurance company. Why? DH asked. She was taking out a huge insurance policy on FIL and naming DH beneficiary- so he would be "able to take care of his mother in her time of need."

Yeah, that went over real well
Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #36
spacemountainmom
DIS Veteran

I've been moaning and groaning because the in-laws are making their once a year trip home in a couple weeks and thinking why must they always come as school is starting and everything gets crazy busy??? They also are aces for causing a great deal of hurt feelings with my dh and kids.

However, I guess I am glad that they are not nearly as bad as some of you have to deal with. My MIL may be obsessed with my niece, but she does at least act as though my kids do exist.

Well I'd better get back to cleaning for the 10 minutes of the 2-3 week trip that the IL's might actually set foot in our home.

spacemountainmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #37
Snowflakey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Kindred spirits one and all!

To answer the earlier question...no, MIL is not invited to ride out the zombie-apocalypse at our "compound". I might tether her to the stop sign up on the corner to lure them away from the house...then again, she's so bitter, and unpleasant I don't think even the zombies would eat her.

So remember that antique store she just opened (with what money?? I have no idea)? So she's stocking the store with her many antiques, some of which she's been storing in one of our barns. She calls up Dh and announces that she will be taking the dining room set to put in the shop. What dining room set, you ask? OURS. The one she GAVE us 8 1/2 years ago when we moved in to our home. She'd like if back to sell in her new store, please.

For real?? Yes...for real.

So not only does she TAKE MY FURNITURE FROM MY HOUSE...she does it at 6am in the morning, while I am away at a horse show and DH is asleep. She lets herself and some guy she found on Craigslist (not her bf) to help her move the heavy furniture, IN TO MY HOME WITHOUT PERMISSION. Dh hears noises downstairs and runs down to see what's going on and finds MIl and two strange men rummaging through our diningroom.

Not only did she take the furniture, she also asked for a set of vases that I had sitting on the buffet/hutch. She had given those to me as a bridal shower gift 6 years ago when Dh and I were getting married. She said "Since you aren't using them..."

Ummm..no, I don't have flowers in them at the moment but I was displaying them. Guess that's not "using" them.

FTR, right after she walked out the door with the strangers, we changed the locks.

Also, she kicked out HER father, who is an invalid (had a stroke and is unable to speak and paralyzed on his entire left side) out of her house because she was tired of taking care of him. She KICKED HIM OUT...but kept his handicapped parking placard because she broke her knee back in March and still feels she needs it more than he does. More than the wheelchair bound man (who now lives with his youngest son who relocated from NY to NC to come care for his father). MIL still tries to dictate how her brother cares for their dad though. He brother doesn't take her crap though. He's awesome.

MIL also refused to give her father his old black and white wedding portrait when she kicked him out. She claimed "It's mine!"...even though it's the only pic the man has of him and his deceased wife. Luckily the son caring for him had a copy of the picture, and put it in a lovely frame for his dad. MIL saw the new pic, decided it was in better condition than the one she refused to give up and demanded they give her the better one. Her brother laughed at her.

Don't forget...she thinks her dog is her deceased husband.
WOW you take the cake for have a wacky mil

I would have never let her take the dining room set or vases though. So glad you changed the locks.
Snowflakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #38
Karibeth19
My favorite things:
Walt Disney World and Oklahoma Sooner Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcit View Post
Eh. My MIL did the same thing years ago. I thought it was a bit odd but then realized she just wanted a picture of her kids. I didn't let it bother me. She still has that picture hanging of her kids and she made the right call because my BIL is now divorced.
And that would have been just fine with me if FIL had made his intentions known from the beginning. Instead, he invited us both down, told us both to bring nice clothes, saw me all dressed up and ready for the picture, and then waited until we arrived at the session to let me know I wasn't going to be in the pictures. It was like he wanted to go out of his way to let me know he didn't consider me a part of the family. Had we taken a bunch of shots all together, and then he asked me to step out so they could take a few pictures of his immediate family, I would have totally understood. But, he had no intention of including me at all, and if my DH hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have been.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #39
MickeySP
DIS Veteran

I am showing this thread to my future & she will kiss my feet after she stops lauging!!!

I am the Mom to an only son & only child you would think I would be that Mil but no way! I love my future Dil & if she Wasn't marrying my DS we would still be friends. We hang out & have not single problem.

Luckily my DS feels the same way about her Mom.

I feel for all of you!!!
MickeySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #40
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I will share a few things. I am no longer married to the man, and both his parents have passed on. But I should have realized what I got myself into. I will share I was hit by MIL and husband watched and did nothing. They lived with us too. Husband also instigated the issue. And another time moving from one area and came back we were made to live in the garage as they did not want the smell of diapers in the house. I have to say my life from the family has never gotten better either. I would rather share my story in a different light. But those were just a few issues. I am sorry for everyone who goes through all this.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #41
Claudia1

Torments DISers with choc. chip cookie escapades
Step AWAY from the cake, ma'am!

FIL (not DFIL) passed years ago but he was a nasty, nasty man. When DH was accepted to Medical School, he said to him, "What the #$@$% do you think you are doing? You're not smart enough to be a doctor." When DH graduated from college a few months later, summa cum laude, with a 3.998 (out of 4.0) average, he thought the tassels were gaudy.

Fast forward 20 years when our DS was almost 3 years old. (Yes, we had him late in life.) FIL had only 2 grandchildren..... ours. Only one grandson to carry on the family name...... ours. The only family who cooked for them every holiday ....... ours. The only ones who remembered their birthdays and visited them (just 30 minutes away) ...... ours. He was married to step-mom at the time and they were both sharp as tacks, so senility was not an issue.

He called DH one day to ask, "What is your son's name?" DH asked if he meant his middle name. No, he meant his first name. After being together often for almost 3 years and sending cards with all of our names on them, he didn't know his name and he didn't care!

He also gave DH a baby picture, saying is was DH. His brother has a very characteristic mark and it was clearly visible. He insisted it was DH but everybody else knew it was his brother.

Lots & lots of other things... too many to mention and all are water under the bridge now.

He died a very lonely, very bitter man. At his funeral, the pastor didn't know him very well. DD was a teenager and knew that the kind words being said was not appropriate. DH and I couldn't make eye contact without stifling a snicker. After it was over, DH said to me, "Who was that guy who died? I thought we were at Dad's funeral!" DD and I cracked up and had to pretend we were crying to cover up!

He only did two good things his entire life. He fathered my DH and he gave us DH's mother's wedding rings, which our new DDIL now wears. DH's mother died of cancer on DH's 18th birthday but he remembers her as a great lady. The rings were passed on in her honor, not FIL's.
Claudia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #42
lovindisney4ever
Disney Addict

Last year I separated from my husband and felt it was best to leave Florida and move back to Michigan to get away from my crazy MIL and husband. (saddest day of my life that I had to leave Florida and Disney behind ) We lived in a home owned by my MIL but we paid for everything so basically it was our house. Alot of the furniture in the house and TV's, etc. were either gifts from my inlaws or items that we had purchased using Best Buy rewards that we shared with my MIL or they were payment for work that my husband had done for it.

So when I was packing the moving truck to leave Florida she showed up and said she wanted to see what all I was taking because it was her house and that she was protecting the interests of her son. The woman had the audascity (sp?) to tell me that I was not allowed to take any of the items that she had given us or bought with the Best Buy rewards. I got into it several times with her and even got the police involved but because the house was in her name I was not allowed to take anything but my daughter's stuff and my personal belongings. The woman even insisted on my vacuum! Can you believe that? That is low when you have to take a vacuum from someone just because you are mad at them for leaving. It's not like I ended the marriage, my husband had multiple affairs and 2 children while with me and I was the one being punished! So needless to say, not having to deal with her anymore is one of the rewards of this divorce!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #43
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

Ohh reading these made me think of another two..first my wedding my videographer actually stopped me during my reception to show me what my MIL had said when asked to give wishes to the newlyweds and asked me if I wanted it to be deleted...Heck No I want some proof to support us not seeing them anymore (knew it was bound to happen)

2nd me and DH had bought our first house and had invited the family up on Saturday to see it. We were actually moving in on Friday but figured it would be too hectic and for everyone to show up the next day. Well his mom and dad figure they would show up Friday w/o telling us. We were 2 hours away at the time. So they BREAK into our new home go thru all the drawers and cabinets to see what we have then MIL decides she has to go potty and goes into the basement and uses a toilet that is sitting in the middle of the floor. Obviously not attached to any plumbing of any sort and does her UHMM business. I found out and made her clean it out.

Ooh one more on the Aunt. We tried for 5 years to have our DD. My only request was noone show up the day she was born (she was C-section so we all knew the day she would be born). Well his crazy, whacky, stoned all the time, sees aliens and ghosts Aunt shows up at 7AM and goes into my room. Ok so now Im livid and my DH is trying to be nice and tell her to leave but she doesnt take his hints. Then she announces at the top of her lungs (just keep in my mind I chose to have my daughter in a Catholic hospital) that abortions were created by nuns because they were getting pregnant by priests. I was so mortified. Especially when not even 5 mins. later a nun came in to offer me communion. I know she had to have heard her ramble.

Ok onto other horror stories. Just to let you know I feel your pain and I hope that when my DD gets married I am a great MIL to her future DH!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #44
ready123go
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear all of these stories, but it is refreshing to know I am not alone in having crazy, mean, manipulative ILs!!
ready123go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #45
DAISY DUCK FAN!
Welcome to My World! I Do Because I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
Here's a copy of some posts that I made in the past.

Thanksgiving this year was at my BIL and SIL's house. They decided not to do anything fancy and served the food buffet style and everyone had to find a place to eat. There were about 20-25 of us all together. They only have 2 tables in the house that each sat about 6 so that left the rest to eat with their plates on their lap.

My youngest DD is disabled and uses a wheelchair. She isn't able to feed herself so I (or DH) have to do it for her. That's really difficult to do with a plate on your lap so I took her upstairs to eat at the dining room table as the other table was already full with teenage kids (not mine but from the other side of the family). I don't really know them well enough to ask them to move so that we could eat there.

My BIL and SIL are at the table with us. About 1/2 way through, BIL comes over behind DD and gets down on his hands and knees. He's looking at her wheelchair but doesn't say anything to me. He goes upstairs and comes down a few minutes later with a rug. He tells me that DD's wheelchair scratches their wood floor and if we have her chair in the living room or dining room, there has to be a rug under it. He said that last time we were there, they noticed all kinds of scratches in the floor from her chair.

I look at him completely shocked. First of all, I can't believe that her chair scratched the floor. There are two bicycle type wheels with two other rubber wheels up front. We've been to several other homes that have wood floors so I called all of them and asked them to be honest and tell me if they've seen any scratches. They all said no and asked me why I thought that the rubber wheels would cause scratches.

The second thing that made me mad is if he didn't want us in there, why didn't he (or his wife) go ask the kids at the other table to move upstairs so that we could sit there?

My DH is very angry! We're supposed to go there for Christmas but he's thinking about not going. If DD's chair is not wanted in their house, to us it's the same as saying that DD is not welcome there as the chair is and always will be part of her.

Keep in mind that DD is rarely, if at all, acknowledged by these cousins, aunt and uncle. They will greet DH or I with a hug and not even look at DD even though she is right in front of us because one of us is pushing her chair.

This post was made one month later.

I posted last month about a problem that we had at Thanksgiving. Because of that, we decided to have Christmas at our house. In the end, we invited all of our family (both sides) and had a very nice dinner.

When it came time to open presents, my older DD helped my younger DD open her gifts. Because she's disabled, she isn't able to do it on her own. When all of the gifts were opened, we cleaned up the paper. After several families had left, I asked my older DD who the gifts were from. All of the gifts were accounted for but we still didn't see anything from my BIL and SIL. We brought the bag of paper garbage back into the house and dumped it on the floor going through it piece by piece but only found paper and tags with her name on them from the gifts that were accounted for.

DH called over to their house and found out that sure enough, they hadn't brought anything for DD.
What mean-spirited, pathetic people. I would eliminate contact with them and not feel bad about it in anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: