Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #31
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyceratops View Post
Hey Aaron, we are talking about trying to make it up for the meet. I will let you know soon.
Sounds great Kim! Keep us informed. Let me know if there is anything we can do to make your travels more comfortable.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #32
ADP

Hi Everyone,

David Zanolla who is a contributor here on the DIS and Instructor at Western Illinois University has asked us to participate in a social media survey. This survey is completely voluntary, but if you choose to participate we would appreciate it. The survey and our meet go hand in hand. Only participate in this survey if you plan on attending the meet. The details are below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The following message has been approved by Corey Martin, President of DISboards.com)

NOTE: If you participated in this study in the summer of 2010 - we greatly appreciate your time! However, please do not complete the survey a second time.

Hello DISboards members! Have you ever wondered what happens when people who have formed online relationships meet up offline? We are researchers from Western Illinois University who have wondered the same thing. If you are planning to meet up with someone you have met on www.disboards.com sometime in the next six months we hope that you will consider participating in our study.

Participation will occur in two phases. The first phase requires you to click on the link below and complete a short survey. Later, after you meet up with someone from the DISboards offline, we will email you a second survey. Each survey should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete. We would greatly appreciate your help!

If you have any questions concerning this study at any time please contact us at ComResearcher@gmail.com

Please follow this link to the survey: http://OnlinetoOffline.questionpro.com

Thank you,
Dr. Bree McEwan
Dept. of Communication
Western Illinois University

David Zanolla, M. A.
Dept. of Communication
Western Illinois University
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #33
ADP

Hi Everyone,

If you have a trip to Disney World or Disneyland coming up we will be giving away several Disney gift cards as prizes from $10 to $50. Consider joining us on Saturday, Sept 3rd for your chance to win one of these gift cards and other fantastic prizes. Remember, this event is free. All we ask is you bring a food item to share at the food table.

Don't forget to Like us on our official Facebook page for further updates on the meet. See you soon!

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q...=1313589411735

Last edited by ADP; 08-17-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #34
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Hi Everyone,

If you have a trip to Disney World or Disneyland coming up we will be giving away several Disney gift cards as prizes from $10 to $50. Consider joining us on Saturday, Sept 3rd for your chance to win one of these gift cards and other fantastic prizes. Remember, this event is free. All we ask is you bring a food item to share at the food table.

Don't forget to Like us on our official Facebook page for further updates on the meet. See you soon!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ind...53748061305300
Aaron, I wish I could, but I will heading to WDW at this time. Have a wonderful meet !!!!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš

Last edited by Cherinva; 08-17-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #35
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Aaron, I wish I could, but I will heading there at this time. Have a wonderful meet !!!!!
Thanks Cheri! Have a wonderful trip.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #36
daaasmith
Mouseketeer

Hi! Have never been to this before, but kids and I will try to make it. Sounds like a lot of fun! We have a trip planned to WDW the end of September so would be a fun primer!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #37
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daaasmith View Post
Hi! Have never been to this before, but kids and I will try to make it. Sounds like a lot of fun! We have a trip planned to WDW the end of September so would be a fun primer!
Great! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your trip to the meet more comfortable. Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #38
ADP

We are two (Yes - 2!) weeks from the 4th Annual Indianapolis Disney Meet. Don't forget if you are a Disney pin or Vinylmation trader make sure to bring all or part of your collection. We'll have a table dedicated to trading activities at the meet. See you there!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 PM   #39
ADP

Hi Everyone - We are less than 2 weeks away from the meet. I'm happy to announce a Give Kids the World family will be joining us at the meet this year. This news is very exciting! Having a GKTW family join us really puts the meet into perspective. We can't wait to meet them and hope their day will be full of Disney Magic!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 AM   #40
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
Hi Everyone - We are less than 2 weeks away from the meet. I'm happy to announce a Give Kids the World family will be joining us at the meet this year. This news is very exciting! Having a GKTW family join us really puts the meet into perspective. We can't wait to meet them and hope their day will be full of Disney Magic!
That is awesome Aaron !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayšoš
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #41
ADP

Hi Everyone,

The attendee list has been updated in post #1. If you don't see your name please let me know so I can add it. See you soon!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #42
ADP

We are 10 days from the Indianapolis Disney Meet to benefit the Power of 10 - Give Kids the World Challenge! With so many 10s I figured it's time to do my best David Letterman impersonation and compile the top 10 reasons why you should attend this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet.

10. 10 is a powerful number - Come to the meet and help us make 10 even more powerful. 10, 10, 10!
9. The DIS and the Walt Disney World Moms Panel share the same charitable mission - Give Kids the World.
8. Even though India"nap"olis is called "Nap" town we still have the time and energy to throw one heck of a Disney Meet.
7. We've teleported Dole Whip machines from Aloha Isle to the Indianapolis Disney Meet for your taste enjoyment.
6. Real Disney characters? Well not really, but cardboard cutouts are the next best thing.
5. Free swag, free chachkis, and free admission plus a shot at some fantastic prizes. Our meet makes the 'Price is Right' envious.
4. Bringing Central Florida to Central Indiana - Lots of Disney experiences, Disney fun, and Disney prizes without all the humidity. It's not "Animal Kingdom hot" here.
3. Shhhh! <whispers> there's a "silent" auction, but it can't be too "silent" or else no one will know about it. <continue normal speaking volume>
2. There will be a ton of food and drink at the meet, but belching is strictly prohibited. Please use the exit doors is you feel the urge.
And the number 1 reason why you should attend this year's Indianapolis Disney Meet....
1. The Indianapolis Disney Meet is centrally located for your travelling pleasure. Indy isn't called the "Crossroads of America" for nothin'.

Hands go up in the air and the band plays.....

See you at the meet!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #43
ADP

Hi Everyone,

The meet is fast approaching, this Saturday Sept 3rd. A couple things I wanted to mention.

- Don't forget to bring a food item to share with other guest at the meet.
- Representatives from the Walt Disney World Moms Panel will be at the meet. Feel free to ask them any questions you may have about the Moms Panel registration process which is set to open in a few weeks.
- The meet will start promptly at 1:00PM. We will be awarding prizes at the top of every hour. The silent auction will start at 1:00PM and end at exactly 5:00PM. The meet will end at 6:00PM.

I've updated the attendee list and we now have over 100 people who've signed up. Attending the meet is free so if you are in the area and need a Disney fix please stop by. Please continue to spread the word. Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #44
ADP

Just received A very generous donation from a co-worker who I introduced to Give Kids the World and the Indy Meet. Our fundraising efforts are off to a great start.

I've setup a First Giving page for anyone who wishes to make a contribution before, during, and after the Indy Meet. If you can't make this years meet please consider making a tax deductable contribution.

Thank You!
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...undraisingpage

Last edited by ADP; 08-29-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #45
ADP

The attendee list has been updated.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Remember to bring your cameras.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: