Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #1291
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname70 View Post
Thanks-I called DME directly and they said it wouldn't be a problem getting me the tags in time. I don't know why the CM told me otherwise.

Additionally, when I asked that CM if I could call DME directly she said no. I told her I knew there was a phone number out there as I had seen it on the DIS before. She said they were not allowed to give it out. Crazy but all set now.
THere are so many less than well trained CMs working at the call centers that it amazes me. There is a ton of incorrect info given out daily. I feel so horribly for those people that have no idea these boards exist, and they take the info they get from WDW call centers as gospel. It's not that they CMs are lying..they think they are correct. So, rather than look like an idiot, or take the time to track down the correct info, they just spout off something untrue. And now, that guest is going to plan based on incorrect info.

I know that one time I was trying to book a Yuletide Fantasy tour. I was staying at BWVs. I had to be at the front of the park by 8am. Well, the person on the phone kept telling me that I would have to take a cab to be there for 7:45, in order to meet up with the tour for 8. I asked if I would be able to enter via the International Gateway....oh no ma'm, that won't be open until 9...you will have to take a cab. I asked if it being morning EMHs it made any difference. No, ma'm, you still have to take a cab..there is no other way to get to the front of Epcot. Even the buses aren't running in time to get you there...they start at 8am. Really??? The buses start running at 8am for a morning EMH??? I mean, really???
Now, obviously, I knew better...I was just playing along with her to see what info I would get. And it was all incorrect.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #1292
stink
Mouseketeer

Hi All,

We will be a party of 7 with two wheelchairs for the grandparents. We will be renting a minivan for use at disney. Is it possible to have our bags transferred with the luggage tags if no one in our party rides the ME bus ? The minivan will not fit two wheelchairs all the luggage and all of our peeps.

One alternative is to split the party and have some ride in the minivan and some take magical express. We would prefer to remain altoghether in the minivan and use the luggage service.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1293
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post
Hi All,

We will be a party of 7 with two wheelchairs for the grandparents. We will be renting a minivan for use at disney. Is it possible to have our bags transferred with the luggage tags if no one in our party rides the ME bus ? The minivan will not fit two wheelchairs all the luggage and all of our peeps.

One alternative is to split the party and have some ride in the minivan and some take magical express. We would prefer to remain altoghether in the minivan and use the luggage service.
There is no 'luggage service'. DME isn't a luggage delivery service. You are supposed to ride the DME bus in order to get the perk of luggage delivery. We do have a stickied thread here that discusses the whole subject.
If it were me, I would actually have some in the group use DME. Reasons are stated in that thread.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #1294
Reign
Earning My Ears

Hi I have a question about DME. It may hev been asked previously, but I don't want to go through 80+ pages to find it. I am arriving to MCO Sunday evening, but we are staying at a hotel nearby for the first night. We will return to the airport the next morning to catch the DME to the Polynesian. Do I need to make a reservation or can I just show up at the counter the next morning. My travel agent said I shouldn't have a problem, but I have read that people have had problems. Thanks!

*Disneyland 1993*
*Disneyland 2007*
*WDW POP 2009*
*Disneyland 2009*
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #1295
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Hi I have a question about DME. It may hev been asked previously, but I don't want to go through 80+ pages to find it. I am arriving to MCO Sunday evening, but we are staying at a hotel nearby for the first night. We will return to the airport the next morning to catch the DME to the Polynesian. Do I need to make a reservation or can I just show up at the counter the next morning. My travel agent said I shouldn't have a problem, but I have read that people have had problems. Thanks!
Reservations are required for DME. (That wasn't the case when DME first began, but Disney's current contract with the airport forces Disney to require reservations.)

You can just tell DME the approximate time that you want to leave the airport for your Disney resort, but some guests have found it easier to provide flight details for a flight that arrives then. (Some non-DME Cast Members think that an arriving flight the same day is a requirement, even though it isn't.)

Last edited by Horace Horsecollar; 08-09-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Horace Horsecollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #1296
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Absolutely make reservations. Insist that your TA call and get DME added. You can try to call DME directly, but I'm not sure if they will talk to you or insist that your TA call.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #1297
noname70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks-I called DME directly and they said it wouldn't be a problem getting me the tags in time. I don't know why the CM told me otherwise.

Additionally, when I asked that CM if I could call DME directly she said no. I told her I knew there was a phone number out there as I had seen it on the DIS before. She said they were not allowed to give it out. Crazy but all set now.
Just wanted to follow up with everyone. My DME envelope arrived today-five days after I was told by the CM over the phone that 2 weeks wasn't enough lead time. Thanks to DME (Mears) and to everyone on this Transportation board.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #1298
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Just wanted to follow up with everyone. My DME envelope arrived today-five days after I was told by the CM over the phone that 2 weeks wasn't enough lead time. Thanks to DME (Mears) and to everyone on this Transportation board.
Thanks for the update.
Here's the thing.....I doubt the Disney CMs that answer the phones at the main call center are deliberately giving out bad info. It's just what they've been told. This is why I always recommend calling DME directly if you are within 2-3 weeks of travel. They are able to deal with the issue directly.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #1299
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

When did SW get added on to the list of participating airlines for baggage checkin for departing flights? This was always one of the main reasons we never wanted to book a departing SW flight.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #1300
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
When did SW get added on to the list of participating airlines for baggage checkin for departing flights? This was always one of the main reasons we never wanted to book a departing SW flight.
Quite awhile ago. I updated the first post on this thread almost immediatly and then more recently, rearranged the airlines in alphabetical order.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #1301
Jimmo46
Earning My Ears

Smile What does packet arrive?

Hi:
We have magic express reservations and they have all information. How far in advance does the packet and tags arrive? We leave 9/21/11.
Thanks.
Jimmo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #1302
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Quite awhile ago. I updated the first post on this thread almost immediatly and then more recently, rearranged the airlines in alphabetical order.
Thanks, I obviously missed it. That makes things easier so book trips because now we can use SW on our return flight.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #1303
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo46 View Post
Hi:
We have magic express reservations and they have all information. How far in advance does the packet and tags arrive? We leave 9/21/11.
Thanks.
They usually send out the info packet about 4 weeks prior to travel. If you get to two weeks prior, and haven't received anything, you should call DME directly. Note that I say 'call DME directly'..I didn't say call whomever you booked your resort stay with, or call Disney. You really want to call DME..they can do whatever needs to be done.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #1304
toxa
Mouseketeer

DME international outbound

I'll arrive by car, but will use DME to depart WDW.

1) Since I live overseas, I didn't get luggage tags. Are those necessary on the way out?

2) I will fly to MIA and then connect to international destination, both flights on AA. Technically, the first leg is domestic, but the airline will check me in both flights, so you may say it's international. Can I still check in at the hotel? What are your experiences?
toxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #1305
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxa View Post
I'll arrive by car, but will use DME to depart WDW.

1) Since I live overseas, I didn't get luggage tags. Are those necessary on the way out?

2) I will fly to MIA and then connect to international destination, both flights on AA. Technically, the first leg is domestic, but the airline will check me in both flights, so you may say it's international. Can I still check in at the hotel? What are your experiences?
Nobody uses those yellow tags for their return flights. They are only for MCO arrivals. So...with that in mind, you need to check at the RAC counter (remote airline checkin) at the resort. They can give you any info you may need.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: