Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #76
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlover View Post
Just added an exciting new silent auction item. My roommate from the ABD February trip, Michael Landman (mikelan6 on the boards), just shipped me a set of Limited Edition Replica Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Ears. They come with a stand. They are the sweetest thing. I think I have silent auction item that I am going to keep my eye on!
I hear they are also magic rain making ears.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #77
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
I hear they are also magic rain making ears.
Yes, these mouseketeer ears arrived in my front porch and we finally received rain in Aledo! It's still raining this morning. Hope everyone else in North Texas is receiving some. We might actually have to skip mowing the yard today because it's too wet. When was the last time anyone could say THAT around here?
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
stitchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #78
zuzu
Earning My Ears

Add Us!

Please add me and DH, Carlos for the meet. So happy to find a local GKTW meet we can attend and can't wait to meet Pete and Walter. We attended Disapalooza in 2009 but the only podcaster we met was Kevin so this will be a real treat.

Let me know if I can help out in anyway.
zuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #79
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Please add my son and I- William (4) and Michelle Peters. Might be bringing hubby along or sister/mom. Will confirm soon!

Thanks Theresa for alerting me to this! I haven't had much time to be on the boards as much anymore (stupid work actually expecting me to work). Can't wait to experience a little disney here at home. We are heading to the world just two weeks after this meet too!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #80
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

I am very interested in this meet, but unfortunately only a maybe at this point, as we are allll the way out in Lubbock! (3 total - Lori, Bob and Alex (8 year old son)

One question, though! California wines??? International wines??? No Texas wines!? Wait...maybe because we can get those any time...

But seriously, if you would like to add something like that to the auction or silent auction, I know a few people and could try to get something together - whether we get to attend or not Anything to help!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #81
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Please add my son and I- William (4) and Michelle Peters. Might be bringing hubby along or sister/mom. Will confirm soon!

Have put you on the list. For now I am just listing the two people. If you add more people just let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
I am very interested in this meet, but unfortunately only a maybe at this point, as we are allll the way out in Lubbock! (3 total - Lori, Bob and Alex (8 year old son)

But seriously, if you would like to add something like that to the auction or silent auction, I know a few people and could try to get something together - whether we get to attend or not Anything to help!
Lori-I will put you guys as a maybe. Just let me know if you are going to make it. If you have items you would like to add to the silent auction or raffle please contact me: msc2slc@att.net We are trying to gather things now. We have international and california wines because that is what was donated. No discrimination here. Of course the person doing the donating is from Oklahoma. Hmmmmm makes you wonder?
ASMo 2006, POFQ 2007, WL 2008, Disneyland Paradise Pier 2008, Polynesian 2009, AKL 2010, Grand Floridian 2011, DIS ABD Backstage Magic 2/11, Wilderness Lodge 2011, Beach Club 2012, DCL 2012, AKL Kidani Village 2013, ASSports 2013, Disneyland 2013, Boardwalk & Saratoga Springs 2013

[/url]
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #82
LoriABil
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lori-I will put you guys as a maybe. Just let me know if you are going to make it. If you have items you would like to add to the silent auction or raffle please contact me: msc2slc@att.net We are trying to gather things now. We have international and california wines because that is what was donated. No discrimination here. Of course the person doing the donating is from Oklahoma. Hmmmmm makes you wonder?

Oklahoma? Don't worry, I hear there are some very good boxed wines out there!

I'm sorry... My mom is from Oklahoma, so I really couldn't resist - it was just too easy! I will ask around and see what I can do and then contact you! I'd like to do something even if we can't attend the event!

*Meaning, take everything I say with a grain of salt and a lot of tequila

LoriABil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #83
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

I'm probably going to be making the trek down from Tulsa.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 AM   #84
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPok1 View Post
I'm probably going to be making the trek down from Tulsa.
Do you want me to put you as a maybe for now?

[/url]
Old 08-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #85
Justsyd2
I snorted Coca-Cola out of my nose when he said that! Speaks French when no one else is around. "Why am I covered in feathers?"

Please add myself (Cynthia) and DH (Don). Thank you!

(Me) (DH)

2010 - Carnival/Paradise - Catalina Island/Ensenada and Disneyland
2009 - WDW/Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - New Jersey/New York
2006 - Kansas City, Mo
2005 - Carnival/Fantasy - Bahamas
2003 - Big Bend National Park/Port Aransas, TX
2002 - RCC/Rhapsody - Key West/Belize/Cozumel
1998 - Disneyland - 9 times!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #86
javamoma
Diz Kid for Life
"Reboot" is the extent of my techinical knowledge

Quote:
At the DISMeet on October 1 we will also provide everyone the opportunity to donate items from GKTW's Wish List. These are items that help them keep their cost down. I will have an bucket or an area set aside for these donations when you check in. I copied some of the items from their website below. I did not copy over items like ladders, ant killer, etc. I think I would have a hard time shipping those! Don't feel obligated to purchase items from the Wish List if you attend. I just wanted to give everyone that opportunity if you so desired.

Help Give Kids The World keep costs down - and smiles up - by donating goods and services from our Wish List. Our list includes items needed for our daily gift-giving program, supplies for our Family Entertainment Program and items to help keep the Village sparkling.

In addition to the potential gifts listed below, we can gladly accept gift cards to stores in which we could purchase these items.

Support for our Gift Giving Program:
Batteries – AA, AAA, C, D
Disposable cameras
Autograph Books
Photo Albums
Plush
Small toys and games for children of all ages (with batteries)
Board Games
Hand Held Games
Travel Games
Puzzles
Teenage Gifts
MP3 Players
Wii games (rated E)
Travel DVD Players

Support for Village Entertainment & Family Programs:
Candy (no gum, no chocolate)
Sunscreen
Adult Size Pirate Costumes
DVD-R (MINI - 30 minutes and/or 60 minutes)
Movies (G or PG rated on DVD and Blu Ray Disc)
Red and white crepe paper streamers
Golf Balls (preferably colors other than white)
Rain Ponchos
Wheelchairs (adult and child size)
Disposable Cutlery
Pillow Cases for Wish Pillows (pattern will be provided)
Gift Cards for material - Joann Fabrics, Walmart, Visa, MC
Balloons:
Mylar
Mylar – Happy Birthday
12” Purple
Any type

Help keep our administrative costs down:
CD's - Blank (High Speed)
CD Envelopes with plastic window
Mailing Supplies
Bubble Wrap
Peanuts
#0 and #00 Padded Envelopes
2” Packaging Tape
Office Supplies
Pens
Scissors
Paper Clips
White Out
2 x 2 Post It Notes
Copy Paper – 8.5 x 11
Just curious and I may have missed this in a post somewhere, but who is taking the donated item back to GKTW? I am guessing we should bring some of the smaller items? I have an adult pirates costume but it has been used once. I wonder if that would be okay?

DH myself DD7 and DS 2
1986: childhood trip, 1991:childhood trip, 1993: church trip, 1994: school trip, 1999: 21st b-day
2000: college graduation
2005: first trip with DH to WDW
2007: DD's first trip
2010: DL for DD's 5th b-day, DS 2 months old 1st trip
javamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #87
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

I was assuming I would just mail the items to GKTW. I don't think I included anything on the wish list that I copied that was huge, did I? Hopefully it won't cost me hundreds to mail the items!

[/url]
Old 08-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #88
hrngffcr
Loyal Disney Fan

Gift Cards

I initially really liked the idea of the wish list, as I want to do more than give just the cost to be at the meet event. But the more I got to thinking about it, does it make sense to buy a lot of games, scissors, etc and ship them to Florida, when I don't think there's anything on the list they can't buy there themselves?

Maybe it would be better to try to set some kind of record for the most gift cards to places like Target, Office Depot, etc so they can get exactly what they need, when they need it, in the quantities they need. I would think that all of the chains we have here in Texas would be the same as they have around the Village. Then we could send all the cards back to Florida with Pete for Kathy to deliver (as she is going to deliver the contributions that come in at the meets in Florida). In addition, they may be able to use the cards to shop online and get better deals.

What does everyone think about this?
hrngffcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #89
stitchlover
DIS Veteran

I really like that idea. Let's hear from a few people and if everyone agrees I will pull the information about the Wish List and put a little blurb about accepting gift card donations to let GKTW purchase items.

[/url]
Old 08-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #90
aggielawyer
DIS Veteran

I need to take my name off the list. My cousin surprised everyone by getting married and they are having their reception/party that weekend. Y'all have a great time!

BC 2/12 * Pop 2/11 * Pop 9/09 * BC 12/08 * BC 12/99

aggielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: