Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 07:36 AM   #76
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiloveswdw View Post
Hmm yeah I stayed at Jambo House so maybe it was five minutes or so shorter, but I loved the busses at AKL. I used to stay at POP which is near AKL, maybe a little shorter to MK, but we had to stand ALL THE TIME so it seemed much further

Oh gosh, I'm a mess the morning before the plane. We usually have a VERY early flight, so it says a lot if I'm completely jumping off the walls at 3 in the morning
OOOOHHH... well I don't think being at Jambo House vs. Kidani Village makes a difference with the buses since they use the same buses, though there is that extra five minutes or so to get from resort to resort... but I never really counted it. :/ Still, great resorts

Hahahaha... my hair is the worst in the morning lemme tell ya. I have terrible bed head. With Disney, I have to get up extra early because the airports that our planes take off from are at least an hour and a half away. :/ I don't know how I always get so well put together then LOL And I see you are going tomorrow from your countdown in your sig. Have an awesome time! (:
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #77
PlutosRHM55

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

CHAPTER 12: INTO THE JUNGLE WE GO HUNTING FOR FOOD AND ADVENTURE, HOPING TO FIND NEMO

After saying hi to our alligator and drummer friends, we made our way to Asia for our AK ADR that day, which was... *drum roll*... YAK & YETI! Yeah, doesn't sound very appetizing, but it looked really cool when we were looking for ADRs. It's also one of the newer restaurants in Animal Kingdom we heard, so that's pretty awesome, but I think now it's not so new Hahaha

We were a bit early, so after checking-in we had to wait a bit until we got a seat. It seemed pretty busy since there were a lot of people in the waiting area, which wasn't much of a waiting area with nowhere to sit and the sun beating down on us through the windows. It was probably the longest 15 minutes of my life. Fast pass, please?

Finally, they let us in. We were seated basically at the center of the restaurant, well I'm pretty sure it was the center. This statue of... I don't know who it was, was right behind us and I'm guessing that symbolizes something. Our waitress was awesome! We seem to be having some great waitresses. She was very bubbly and gave us some great recommendations.

For our meals, I ended up taking one of the recommendations/special and know what it was? Salmon. Yeah, I was really into that this week. My mom got some sort-of Fish N Chips I think. I just know we all had seafood, minus DYS. DOS got one of her recommendations too, the shrimp, which she raved about it. My dad got scallops, which he enjoyed too. DYS got chicken fingers, no surprise there. It was pretty much a game of Pass-The-Plate this meal, everyone was trying someone else's food. It was kinda fun, though I didn't really enjoy this meal... I don't know, I think Sanaa set a high standard The sad thing, this was DYS's celebration day and they totally forgot about that and it was never mentioned. Poor thing, but I think she even forgot about it too, hahahaha

Here are some pictures taken during our meal:

With our stomachs full, we headed back out into the heat, hoping to ride a few more attractions. My dad and DOS decided they wanted to ride Expedition Everest a few more times, so they ran off while my mom, DYS and I had no clue what to do. We decided to stay within the Asia region so it would be easy to find us. My mom wanted to do one of the exploration trails. On our search, we did see these little fellas though:

We soon found the Maharajah Jungle Trek and decided to go there:

I still don't understand what the relation to Asia are the pink dresses. :/

Ooooo... BATS!

Ooooo... Tigers!

Some pretty birds

The Maharajah Jungle Trek was very fun, I must admit. I was a bit on edge about doing one of these, but it was very cool. That's so cool where the bats are that it is all open air. A few did fly overhead and scared my mom. It was pretty funny. Also, some of these animals you can't find in your regular local zoo, so it made it all the better (:

After our Trek through the jungles of Asia, we went off on our search to find DOS and my dad. We kinda just strolled around the general area of the Maharajah Jungle Trek for them to find us since they had just walked away from Expedition Everest. When they found us, they told us they went on it THREE TIMES! And got to sit up front, which they loved, especially being able to see all the track changes through the course of the ride

We still hadn't seen a show that day, so we picked this time to go check out Finding Nemo: The Musical. We had to make a bit of a hike for it, mostly because we had gone farther away from Dinoland than expected and had to go around to the front to find our way in.

When we finally crossed the bridge into Dinoland, we saw some more familiar faces. It was my mom's friend, Jill and her family! It was amazing how many friends we had down in Disney. We didn't notice them at first, but they started yelling to my mom and we turned around to see them. They told us about how their day was going. They had ended up staying at the Beach Club resort, which, ironically, was the resort that we turned down. When going through the DVC accommodation options before this trip, it was down to the Beach Club villas and Kidani, we all went with Kidani, not liking the style of Beach Club. But moving on... at their resort, in the pool (Stormalong Bay), her husband had lost his wedding band and they had sand on the bottom of this pool (?) and the CMs raked it all up just to find it and they did end up finding it. Just goes to show how awesome Disney is. They also told us how great the Finding Nemo: The Musical was and got into their EPCOT and Sea World experiences (they weren't being exclusively Disney). They raved about Soarin', so I'm sure that would be something we would be checking out on our EPCOT day the next day. After that little conversation, we said goodbye and went on our way.

It took us a bit longer than expected to find Finding Nemo- The Musical, going probably all around Animal Kingdom, without knowing it, but we found it and made it just in time for the show. We got fairly good seats, up in the back (not way back, but the back seats) and shockingly the show didn't start until 30 minutes after we sat down. We preoccupied ourselves with watching the Nemo that swam by in the bubbles that outlined the stage and soon enough, the show began. We sadly didn't have any pictures, but I did grab the camera at one point and filmed the scene where Bruce chases Marlin and Dory. Sorry, my mom's camera has no sound so it's pretty much a muted version, but the show nonetheless:

We all seemed to enjoy the show minus my dad. It wasn't amazing to us or anything, but it was cute and I loved where the back-up performers ran into the audience, bubbles rained down and such, added a whole other element to the production. Very fun!

After getting out of that show, we felt we had done a good part of Animal Kingdom and since it was closing earlier than the other parks we were at, we decided to head out. As we were heading out and going by the Tree of Life again, we saw "It's Tough to be a Bug" too. My mom really wanted to see it, DOS and I wanted to go on again and my dad was there to watch over DYS, so we went in. The show was just as fun as last time except I knew what happened when, so I prepared my mom, who continued to scream throughout the whole show. She really hated the part where the termites, roaches, etc. crawl under your butt. I must say, the show was more hilarious than scary with my mom around hahahahaha

On our way out, we took one last picture of the Tree of Life (Come on, you gotta get a picture of that):

Then, we slowly figured our way out of the park and to the bus-stop to come "home" for a very different kind of fun...

CHAPTER 13: NEMO FOLLOWS US TO THE SECRET WATERING HOLE coming soon!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #78
PlutosRHM55

Ignore
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #79
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 13: NEMO FOLLOWS US TO THE SECRET WATERING HOLE

After getting on the bus for another uneventful drive back to our resort, with little-to-no people on the bus, shockingly, we all went up to our rooms, clueless as to what to do for the many hours we had not being at a park anymore. Though, our decision was obvious once we got inside the hotel: Go to the pool! (:

When we got to our room, it was a mad rush to get to the bathroom. I wasn't as interested as everyone to go to the pool, so I just took the time to lay back while they all got ready, as did my dad who soon fell asleep. Once my sisters and my mom were ready they tried to persuade me to come, but I said I would come later with dad. With that, they left. So after I took a shower and got into my bathing suit, then waiting an hour for my dad to recharge and get ready, we were headed down to the pool.

When we got to the pool, there were very few people there. DYS was just running up to go on the waterslide when we were walking in. She seemed to be having a lot of fun and wanted me to come up, so after finding my mom at some chairs, I ran to find my sister and enjoy the pool, which I might add was really cool. There was the waterslide of course, but they also had a loop of sounds that made it feel like you were in the rainforest or near a watering hole. There was also a poolside QS to go to when we were ready to eat dinner, which meant we could stay at the pool for the rest of the night.

After putting my stuff down with my mom, I went to go find DYS and we went down the slide. She went first, so when I went down the slide she wasn’t there. I thought she had gone up to the top of the slide again, so I ran up and went down again, but she wasn't there so, when I got out of the pool, I found her here:

Totally ditched me for DOS. Geez! And because of this shock, I became really cold, with no towel on, so I took this moment to grab a towel and watch my sisters play with the kiddie toys while my mom continued to take pictures:

Once they had enough with all the baby toys, I went back into the pool again. It was funny how my sisters seemed to control the pool population And the energy as well, soon enough, we were racing up and down the slide again. Of course, this time around, my mom began taking pictures as well:

After that, my dad then came to join us and we had a bit of a pool photo-shoot:

Dun-a... dun-a... dun-a, dun-a, dun-a, dun-a

I stayed in the water a little while longer than I got out and grabbed hold of my mom's camera and just took some pictures of the pool area from our seating area:

Once I had dried off, I decided to go get something to eat. We found out here that they don't accept the DP, so we had to use our own money. There also was the fact we forgot our refillable mugs in our room, so everything was being paid for. I decided to get a chicken caesar salad and then a Root Beer. Sorry, no pictures, remember this was pre-DISBoards. (: So, after that, I sat down to eat.

It was starting to get dark and my sisters and my dad left the pool. After enjoying some food, I went back in for awhile and then they brought out this inflatable TV screen and started playing Finding Nemo. I decided to get out and dry off so I could watch the movie. I totally forgot how much I love that movie, especially with Ellen playing Dory I took out the camera again and began taking pictures of the pool at night.

It has a nice ambiance at night

After watching the movie for awhile, my sisters and my mom were getting tired and went to the room, my dad and I stayed for longer, enjoying the movie. It wasn't until we checked the clock and noticed it was 10, almost 11, that we decided to head back to the room. Everyone, except my mom was asleep so we basically went right to bed, though I wasn't ready just yet to rest, so I stayed up a bit, looking at park maps, checking out what we could do at EPCOT tomorrow. Then, I noticed it was starting to get late, so I tried my best to get to sleep, excited for more Disney fun and magic the next day

CHAPTER 14: IT'S A CHARACTER INVASION AT EPCOT! coming soon!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #80
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great updates! I'm glad you ended up like the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The trails are really underappreciated. It seems if it's not a ride people don't really care. But I always like taking a stroll down the trails. You never know what you're going to see!

Looks like a fun time at the pool too. I love how a lot of the resorts play movies at night. Very cool!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #81
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great updates! I'm glad you ended up like the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The trails are really underappreciated. It seems if it's not a ride people don't really care. But I always like taking a stroll down the trails. You never know what you're going to see!

Looks like a fun time at the pool too. I love how a lot of the resorts play movies at night. Very cool!
Thanks, Sarah! (: They are really underappreciated. You can't see every animal in AK just on Kilimanjaro. I sadly never got to do any of the trails on my second trip, but I'm upset I didn't, since I still haven't done Pangani yet and that one sounds really interesting.

Yeah, a lot more than I expected and it was great to watch Nemo poolside. The two resorts I've stayed at have played a movie poolside at least one night so I don't know how I could go to a resort and not be able to do something like that now Hahaha (:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #82
3timesmom
Earning My Ears

Hi,Timmy...I'm really enjoing your TR...You are doing an awesome job!!!. My oldest son is about your age and trust me...he would never, ever write something like this...well, perhaps if there was a gun pointing at his head he might have come up with maybe two or three lines He really likes Disney though but he is more a thrill ride guy...Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm going to check out your new TR now...Tchau (that's bye in portuguese) Tania.
PS: Sorry about my english, please feel free to correct it....
Old 08-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #83
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3timesmom View Post
Hi,Timmy...I'm really enjoing your TR...You are doing an awesome job!!!. My oldest son is about your age and trust me...he would never, ever write something like this...well, perhaps if there was a gun pointing at his head he might have come up with maybe two or three lines He really likes Disney though but he is more a thrill ride guy...Anyway, keep up the good work, I'm going to check out your new TR now...Tchau (that's bye in portuguese) Tania.
PS: Sorry about my english, please feel free to correct it....
Hi! (: And

I'm glad you are enjoying it. (: And that's good to hear I'm not of only a very few guys my age who like Disney. Though I'm not surprised about the TR writing, I like writing and not many people in the first place like writing so I'm just one in a millon

I hope you enjoy the rest of it :D

P.S. Your English is fine, so far (:
Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #84
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

Count me as a fan too. Also my grandkids ask "did Timmy update his report yet? Is he writing his pre-trip, I hope he gets to go for his Birthday". So you have two more fans!

You do a great job and I love how you show your unbridled joy and love of everything Disney (also I saw you kids talking about Pottermore, the grands and I missed out but we'll have something to look forward to in the fall).

Anyway keep up the good work and hope to read more on BOTH reports soon.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #85
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day View Post
Count me as a fan too. Also my grandkids ask "did Timmy update his report yet? Is he writing his pre-trip, I hope he gets to go for his Birthday". So you have two more fans!

You do a great job and I love how you show your unbridled joy and love of everything Disney (also I saw you kids talking about Pottermore, the grands and I missed out but we'll have something to look forward to in the fall).

Anyway keep up the good work and hope to read more on BOTH reports soon.
Hello! And , again! (:

Awwww... my many fans! I promise to update the other one as soon as possible and the PTR will come soon after

Thanks! Disney is my biggest obsession, currently. And I'm sorry you didn't get into Pottermore early I'll probably be raving again the day I get my Welcome email so I may be able to give a sneak peek

I hope you enjoy all my new updates! :D
Old 08-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #86
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 14: IT'S A CHARACTER INVASION AT EPCOT!

Sadly, we have finally arrived at our last full day in Disney ): Always a very sad day. It's so hard knowing that the day after you'll be leaving to go to that place called home and never be happy again. WAH! Yeah, maybe not entirely true, but I think you understand the conflicting emotions you feel during that last day, so let's get right down it...

I think this was another one of those uneventful mornings. We woke up, got ready and were off to the buses in a very smooth fashion, though, I think today was the day where we made it to the park closest to the time of Rope Drop, so we were there pretty early and getting inside the park was very quick. Here are my sisters waiting around:

Entering into Future World, we saw the map display and of course had to grab the obligatory map, but we also noticed they had it in other languages. My sister, of course, grabbed a Spanish one for me to bring to school to my horrible Spanish teacher (I talked about her earlier). I took it to try to read it, but I ended up just using the English map, though I found it fairly easy to maneuver your way around EPCOT.

As we continued on into the first half of EPCOT, I began noticing the character lines building up. It was depressing, because they were so long and we always brushed by, like we had no interest. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed, way off to the side, a certain blue alien taking pictures with NO LINE! If you’ve noticed the characters we’ve met so far were all at the Crystal Palace, because of the insane lines at regular M&Gs. We charged towards Experiment 626, taking advantage of this opportunity. We did have to wait behind one other family and a couple, but they were very quick and soon it was our turn:

These are probably my favorite photos from that entire trip. Firstly, because Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters, but my mom just got great shots of the whole meet & greet. The one of all three of us is my iPod background and was my computer background forever. I also cut up the picture of myself hugging Stitch for my introduction picture. The M&G itself was also a great one, the best part was before we left, he ran up to my mom and gave her a kiss. Awww… Stitch (:

After that, we went deeper into Future World and decided to go check out Soarin' at the land. Oh, I forgot to mention my dad wasn't with us at first, but he met up with us after meeting Stitch, so he got to walk with us to the Land. When walked into the pavilion, I noticed right away, the Garden Grill, our ADR that afternoon, so there was no worrying about searching for it. We proceeded downstairs to go find Soarin’.

We didn’t notice it at first, but saw Living with the Land with no line and decided to check that out:

All of us actually enjoyed this ride. While it isn't a Space Mountain or Small World, it was still very cool. It was also a nice way to relax and just enjoy yourself for a moment. I could definitely see myself going on again.When we got off, we went straight to Soarin'. The wait was around 45 minutes, but we've learned sometimes those times are off, so we hopped in the stand-by line.

The wait wasn't too bad, it wasn't the longest we had to wait and it was inside with AC, making it not as painful. We also got one of the red cards that they use to time how long a wait it is :D I think the biggest problem we had were other guests in line. In front of us, there was a huge group of teenagers, probably just a year older than me, one even looked like my best friend, Trever (who made a special appearance in my other TR), of course he was nothing like him. This group was really loud and obnoxious, they wouldn't stop talking. I gave them all a few glares, stares, glances, etc. and apparently it looked like I was staring at one of the girls and they shouted out "Hey, do you like her?" I was really taken aback by it and didn't answer. The one who looked like my friend came up and tried to smooth things out, but just came off as arrogant, rude and a jerk. They kinda ignored us after that, but were being really irritating when we were lined up to get on the ride. Ugghhh... and of course, they get the front row and we get second

Either way, I must say the ride was very nice. I wasn't impressed by it, but it was exhilarating to say the least. You really felt like you were hang gliding. The thing with me was I've been on similar rides (not where you are on hang-gliders), but you get the same effect, so it wasn't "OMG, THAT WAS AMAZING!" to me, but very nice.

When we exited the ride, we left the pavilion. On our way out, the jerk, who looked like my friend, followed us out. Already extremely sketchy and stalkerish, he went up to talk to my mom. Of course, she had to mention the fact that he looked like my friend. The rest of us stayed back while she talked with him for awhile. I must add though, my mom was crafty and lied to him about going to World Showcase, we started off in that direction, getting ahead of him, then took a sharp turn back towards the Land, but, of course, we weren't going back there, we were going to the Seas!

At first look, I thought this looked like a really cool pavilion. I loved how out front they had the seagulls on the rocks while the waves splashed. I don't think I could ever get annoyed by "Mine, mine, mine, mine..." Hahaha And the queue for the Seas with Nemo & Friends ride was even cooler. I'm pretty sure it was longer than the ride. I think the bad part about it was there was barely a line and you had to go through this extremely long queue :/

We did like the ride, it was very cute, but there was a girl with one of those really nice digital cameras taking FLASH pictures. It was really distracting, luckily she stopped 1/4 of the way through the ride. It didn't stop my mom from taking some pictures during that whole debacle, no she didn't have the flash on, but they are kinda cool to look at:

When we got off the ride, zooming through the aquarium area, we found ourselves in, of course, the gift shop. DYS was ecstatic when she saw all the plush animals. Of course, she had to get one and, from some of my mom's persuasion, she bought a Squirt plush, very cute. Along with this, my mom donated to one of those organizations helping to keep the ocean clean and safe for the animals who live there and got one of those nice little buttons. She pinned it to her purse and left it there for the whole trip and months after (well.. the months after were because I forced her to hehehe).

We got outside and found that the evil teenagers were no longer following us, so we were totally in the clear. We saw people taking pictures by the little display of all the Finding Nemo characters and decided to join in and get a picture ourselves. I got stand next to NEMO:

After we found Nemo (again), we went back into the heart of Future World to check out Innoventions. I'm pretty sure we were in Innoventions East, but I may be wrong :/ We looked around a bit and saw some really cool things, but there were already a ton of people in line to do them and they said they were long waits, so we saw this Hook & Loop Velcro show about to begin, so we headed over in that direction. I was a bit hesitant about this because it didn't seem like there were a lot of interested people (we were the first ones to walk over), so I wasn't sure if this show was good or not, oh well...

The show I must say, was actually quite entertaining. It basically was a game show/ comedy. They made some pretty funny jokes actually. I think my favorite was when they opened the door letting you exit, they said "Now please exit to your right, where you'll find the only door in Disney that doesn't lead to a gift shop." All the adults and I thought that was pretty funny, my sisters remained unamused. Here are some pictures and a video of my sisters playing one of the games, I thought it was quite unfair with only the two of them on one side (sorry no sound again) ):

If you notice, at the end of this, when the other team's structure falls over, the guy host starts running over, he actually knocked off a second one to make it a tie Yeah, not that funny

The show I thought was okay. I don’t think it was amazing, I mean they did have the one good joke, but the rest was just… not interesting. Everything was very controlled and there was no point to the game show at all. All my sisters won for "tying" was a sticker that said "Winner" on it. They ended up giving it to my dad who didn't wear it very long. At the end though, we did get Velcro frogs, which we could make our own. Of course, we lost them before coming home, so I sadly don’t have pictures ): Oh well, they really weren't worth photographing anyway.

Once we got out of Innoventions, we decided it was time to check out EPCOT's other half... The World Showcase! As we were walking over, we saw a sign for Disney's Ocean and I stopped us to take a quick picture. I don't understand why I stopped us there, I'm weird like that LOL:

We then continued onward. Just as we were about to enter into the World Showcase, we turned around to see some famous and infamous faces strolling about:

The Queen of Hearts and Mary Poppins had just shown up, practically out of nowhere from the Character Spot in EPCOT. There was nobody around and we weren't going to waste much time, so we rushed over. First, we went up to Mary Poppins:

She was a very good Mary Poppins I must add. When we walked up she asked if we were enjoying ourselves, we all just nodded, a bit starstruck, I'm sure, then she asked DYS if she had met Mickey yet, we all answered again in unison with "No". After that, she asked us if we were being polite and well-behaved children like Jane and Michael. We kinda hesitated, but nodded. My mom and dad had their cameras out now and Mary noticed this so she said "Come now, spit spot!" And thus the photo was taken:

We bid farewell to the practically perfect nanny and crossed over to the "other side" LOL Ummm... no, we actually just went to visit the ever-gracious Queen of Hearts. I must say this was probably the best meet & greet of the trip.

When, it was our turn, my mom, my sisters and I all walked up together. I happened to be the furthest away from the Queen and my mom the closest. The Queen suddenly started walking towards me, creeping on my mom who flipped out (), as the Queen gave me her hand. I didn't understand at first, but was of quick thinking and kissed it. My dad actually got a photo of this moment:

Fortunately, I had done exactly what her majesty had anticipated I’d do and we prepared ourselves for the picture:

Oh wait there's more... We all then ran up to go see how the picture came out on my dad's camera, without a farewell to Her Majesty. Apparently, the Queen has been trained in the art of exceptional sneaking and came right behind us. I, of course, was the first to notice her, but wasn't quick enough to alert my mom, who turned her head to find her there. She freaked out again, moving out of the way, as she gave my dad her hand, and following my example, he kissed it as well. We then bid Her Majesty goodbye and moved towards World Showcase.

CHAPTER 15: A TRIP CUT SHORT... FOR THEM! coming soon!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #87
PlutosRHM55

This TR is being interrupted for a special broadcast from Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager...

I just posted my new PTR for my sixteenth birthday and would love it, if anyone out there checked it out. Here is a link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2780491

Have a Magical Day!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #88
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
This TR is being interrupted for a special broadcast from Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager...

I just posted my new PTR for my sixteenth birthday and would love it, if anyone out there checked it out. Here is a link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2780491

Have a Magical Day!
Made it. Loving the pictures!

I finally make it to this one, and you're starting another one!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #89
PlutosRHM55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Made it. Loving the pictures!

I finally make it to this one, and you're starting another one!
MeMom! Glad you could make it (:

Thanks, I'm glad you like the pictures

Well I just finished one actually and I had the PTR in my mind for awhile, so I just started today. It is going to be up for a LONG time, though. I need to update again though since I need something more for it
Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #90
PlutosRHM55

CHAPTER 15: A TRIP CUT SHORT... FOR THEM!

After meeting the infamous Queen of Hearts and the practically perfect in every way, Mary Poppins, we decided it was time to venture into the other half of EPCOT: World Showcase. Of course though, being just around the beginning of the afternoon we decided to take a detour for a bathroom break.

After our break, we noticed people taking pictures on this bridge that winds around into World Showcase. It looked like a really cool photo opportunity, so we took advantage of that:

After getting our pictures, we weaved our way through the maze of bridges to our first country in World Showcase- MEXICO! I must say, I was totally in awe walking up to this pavilion. I had seen pictures through Disney websites and videos, but it just looked that much cooler in person, I must say. As I said, it was around noon at this time and we had done a lot already, so it was about time to have a bite to eat.

I noticed part of the pavilion, the one by the lagoon, was being refurbished. There seemed to be a lot of those going on the week we were there. Apparently, the place being refurbed was home to the Mexican Counter Service, which had now become more of a stand with only one cashier. This created a problem because there was a huge line to get food. We all were completely famished and desperately needed a meal, so we stepped into line to get our meal. This was also a great chance to use up some of our CS credits for the day.

For orders, I got the big Tacos plate along with my parents. I also ordered a Mountain Dew for a drink. My sisters both got the little Nachos plate instead. I don't remember what everyone got for drinks, but I'm sure DYS got a Root Beer, DOS a Sprite, and my parents Diet Cokes. We also had churros to go with this meal, which was really cool. Once we had our meal, we noticed that the tables set up for this CS were all taken so we ended up sitting on the walls surrounding the pavilion to eat.

It was pretty unanimous in the fact we all enjoyed this place. The Tacos were fantastic! It definitely loaded your plate I could say that much. My sisters were even ignoring their plates to eat some of ours though I think they liked theirs too. I think the only problem with them was they were messy which required A LOT of napkins. Though, I think the crowd-pleaser were definitely the churros. We had never tried them up to this point and my sisters and I raved about them. We ate ours so fast, my parents ended up giving us theirs to eat. Oh, Churros I would definitely be going back to this place again.

After this, I was ready to check out the pavilion, but today was turning out to be a hot day and my family was in desperate need of a water ride so we bypassed Mexico for now and headed into our second pavilion in World Showcase... NORWAY! It was a bit crowded in there and we thought we would have to wait forever to get on Maelstrom, the only (water) ride there, but we soon found out, it was a line for one of the restaurants and so we slid by them and got into the queue for the ride.

There was no line, but DYS, of course, was hesitant. I had never really read up on Maelstrom before this trip, but saw a few things and thought it looked decent enough, but I didn't know everything. DYS pestered me with questions all the way up through the queue asking the same old question "Is it loud?" I didn't know and I was sure it wasn't, but she was still nervous, so my mom asked the CM running the ride. He, of course had to ruin things and say something about a thunderstorm at the end. Of course, this was just right before we were about to get on the ride and she didn't want to go on, so she and my mom had to move out of line, while DOS, my dad and I went got into our boat and we were on our viking voyage to "face peril and adventure".

I had a bit of high expectations for this ride, but it definitely didn't live up to them. The drops were mediocre and you never really got wet. Also, none of it was scary as I guess it was supposed to be. Also, I think the troll you seem popping out from under the tree isn't working as well as it maybe should. That was another negative. I don't think I would be going on it again. For my sister, if she was up to do it yes, but thinking for myself, no.

In the Disney fashion, the ride led us directly to... wait for it... the gift shop. And this gift shop seemed to go on forever. I mean, one room led into another and then another and then another... but we did manage to have a little fun. What is Norway without some Vikings?

We searched the Gift Shop a bit to find my mom and DYS and soon found them at one of the Kidcot Stations. DYS was doing some coloring and my mom was just standing by. We walked up, caught my mom's attention and then waited while DYS finished up her craft. Sadly I don't remember what it was at this time since we never brought this home. I think DOS made one of these too, but I can't be sure. DYS gave some final touch-ups and we left and backtracked to Mexico and inside the pavilion we went.

The Mexico Pavilion is quite cool inside I must add. The ambiance it creates with the stars in the sky and the contrast between the dark and bright colors, it gives a feel that you are in the midst of a night-time fiesta. Then you have the Mexican architecture going along the Gran Fiesta Tour, which is always very nice to look at. Speaking of that tour, why don't we take it for a ride, shall we?

Well... I'll just skip the ride and get to our thoughts. First, you must know, we are a Donald Duck family. I think it started with my Aunt (my dad's little sister) who has a huge obsession with the duck. She always did little impressions of him (I also have good impressions :D) and I think it's made Donald Duck into a household name with my family. So, of course, we loved this ride with Donald and all of his shenanigans, it was fun to watch and the Mexican culture thrown into all of this made it that much better. This ride totally exceeded my expectations.

When we got off the ride, we headed straight to the Gift Shop to check out some of the cool Mexican merchandise, but didn't stay too long and we were out once again in the Florida heat. We began heading back in the direction of Norway and the rest of World Showcase when, speak of the devil, our favorite temperamental mallard, all decked out in his mexican attire was out and about. If you don't know who we are talking about THE Donald Duck! We had to get a picture with him. My dad even said "That's auntie's favorite", so we got in line and soon it was our turn.

My mom, my sisters and I all went up to go say hi to Donald, when my mom turned around and yelled out to my dad, "Come on and get in the picture!" He was a bit shocked, but didn't reject of course asked the character "handler" (or whatever they're called to take the picture). We all scooched in to accomodate my dad when Donald got in on the action. He started directing us in various directions and moving us around for the picture and with a few clicks, we had our christmas card

It was also our only family picture of the trip. We said goodbye to Donald and continued on into World Showcase. We passed Norway, no need for anymore endeavors there and ended up in China. We soon found a tiny little gift shop outside of the pavilion and goofed off a little:

The thing though that really intrigued us were these little puppets. All three of us "kids" ended up playing with them for awhile. It was very entertaining. I think this was the most fun we've ever had in a gift shop, even after releasing our inner viking at Norway.

We also took a picture of us in front of the pavilion bowing, but trying to remain true to the Chinese culture. I'm sure none of us were on par, but we gave it our best shot:

My mom ended up finding out there were some shows going on in the pavilion and wanted to check them out. I think from the front, there looked to be some acrobats or something going on. My mom wanted to go in, but I was just in the mood for some more walking. My magical persuasive skills got her out of it and we continued on.

We strolled by the outpost and ended up in Germany, we saw Snow White was out giving Meet and Greets and we were about to get in line and meet her, but the CM controlling the line told us she was going to be leaving soon. That idea was depressingly shot down. We still got a picture of her:

I was still interested in checking out the German pavilion, but we continued on. We did end up stopping at the Italy pavilion because we were intrigued by some gondolas. Also, my grandfather is very Italian so it was only proper that we stop here. We found another great photo op on a bridge in front of the pavilion and took some pictures:

I think we were giving a shout-out to Jersey Shore here LOL

My parents also got a picture. I think there was romance in the Italian air today..

After that, we left Italy and made it all the way back to America. Wow! That was quick! We wanted to see the show they had to offer so we entered into the pavilion. We found ourselves face-to-face with the Voices of Liberty who were FANTASTIC! That's what acappella should sound like. I watched them for a bit when I needed to go to the bathroom. My mom got a bit aggravated because of my many bathroom breaks, but let me go. I ran over to the one at the back of the pavilion.

When I came out, my dad was waiting for me and my mom was outside talking to some random lady. It just takes a quick bathroom break for her to make a new friend. She saw my dad and I walk by and told the woman she had to go and came up to us. We found out that the lady was there with a schoolgroup or something. They were only allowed in EPCOT because of their resorts vicinity, but could go to other parks when the day determined it. I'm sure you are wondering how this is important to this TR, but I had a feeling I was going to Disney again next year with Chorus at this time (which I did, as proven by my recently finished TR) and so I think she was wondering how it worked with other groups.

After uploading photos to the computer, I discovered my mom had caught one of the Voices of Liberty before she left and got her to take a picture with my sisters. I don't recall her being one of the soloists, but still she must've been an amazing singer and I just love the authentic colonial American wear:

My mom and sisters were getting very weary of the World Showcase, they weren't interested in finishing a tour of the place. I definitely didn't want to stop here, only halfway around the world and shockingly my dad too. So they said they would go get a ride on one of the boats going around the lagoon and meet us at the end near Canada. We approved of this and said goodbye as they went to go find a boat launch.

Thus began our Father-Son trek around the Globe...

CHAPTER 16: OUR TREK AROUND THE GLOBE COMMENCES! coming soon!

Last edited by PlutosRHM55; 08-19-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: