Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
PrincessSarah19
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Christmas Tree Discs

I apologise wholeheartedly if this is posted in the wrong place or if the answer is somewhere on here... goodness knows, I've looked and I can't find it!

My mom collects the Disney Christmas tree discs you can get at WDW, not the ones with the year emblazoned on it and little classic mickey cutouts, but the ones that are usually themed around a classic Disney movie with "happy holidays" and the year around the bottom.

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about - previous ones include Bambi, Cinderella, etc.

Anyway, I won't be making it out to WDW this year to get my mom one but my in-laws are!!! However, I can't find a single indication of what this year's disc looks like in order to tell them what it is I want them to get.

Does anyone know? Could they please post a picture of it so that I can show them? They're heading out Tuesday - I know it's pretty tight but I honestly thought I'd be able to find a pic by now.

TIA!

Oct 1996 ~ CBR Dec 1998 ~ OKW Oct 1999 ~ ASMo Jun 2000 ~ DLRP May 2001 ~ OKW Oct 2001 ~ OKW & Offsite Apr 2002 ~ Offsite Jul 2003 ~ DLRP Apr 2004 ~ OKW Jul 2005 ~ DLR Jul 2006 ~ OKW Jul 2007 ~ OKW June-August 2008 ~ WDW ICP Dec 2009 ~ OKW & Offsite Mar 2012 ~ OKW Nov 2014 ~ OKW DFTW
PrincessSarah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

are you sure they aren't dated?
because i do have the dated discs from years prior (the small boxed disc, without the surrounding ivory mickey ears cutouts). there was snow white, cindy, bambi, etc. however, they were a series, and the series number was completed. last year's had the same idea, but was much larger and heavier with less detail in the picture (phooey).
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
PrincessSarah19
Mouseketeer

They were a series? That sucks! I was hoping to get more.

They used to have the year on them but it was small text on the bottom - whereas the whole design of the other discs revolves around the year - corresponding with all the other year merchandise.

What did last year's look like? The last one we got was 2009 so I'm not sure what Disney is producing now?

Thanks for your help!

Oct 1996 ~ CBR Dec 1998 ~ OKW Oct 1999 ~ ASMo Jun 2000 ~ DLRP May 2001 ~ OKW Oct 2001 ~ OKW & Offsite Apr 2002 ~ Offsite Jul 2003 ~ DLRP Apr 2004 ~ OKW Jul 2005 ~ DLR Jul 2006 ~ OKW Jul 2007 ~ OKW June-August 2008 ~ WDW ICP Dec 2009 ~ OKW & Offsite Mar 2012 ~ OKW Nov 2014 ~ OKW DFTW
PrincessSarah19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, decoration, disc, tree

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: