Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #16
Canefamily
Earning My Ears

Well, it is the Saturday the 13th, we had our first day of Disney yesterday. I will post more of that wonderful day later.

I did forget something, I forgot to pack my socks! I ' ll be the one in the park with tennis shoes and no socks.
Canefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #17
Canefamily
Earning My Ears

Our first Disney day.

Woke up at 5:00am. Hotel shuttled us to the airport at 5:30am. Went through security and waiting at the terminal at 6:00am. Boarded the plane at 6:30am. Flight departed at 7:00am. Landed at LGB at 9:30am. You can see I am obsessed with time and keeping it to a schedule. This whole trip is all about winging it. We will find out if I can do it.

Our car service picked us up and off to PVI we went. 10am we made it and our room was not ready, no surprise. Checked in our luggage and off to DCA. 10:30am going through the turnstiles.

Now, the time keeping stops. We just strolled through the streets towards ToT, which is dd face ride. Enjoying the smells and the sounds. It was a 25 min. Wait, so we got a FP. Monsters Inc. Was walk on.

It was close to 11am and we really had not much breakfast so, we stop at Piolets. We got in line and the took down the breakfast menu . So, it's ribs for breakfast. While we ate our breakfast ribs we got FP for soarn'.

After our yummy ribs, we walk to the meet Russel to get our wilderness badges. Dd ran and rip around. The badge ceremony was really cute.

We started back to the ToT to use our FP's when my dh noticed that Alladin was going to start in 13 min. So, let's go! Got good seats and enjoyed the show.

Used our FP for ToT. We got the cm Moses. What a great guy. He made our ride so very special. He was playing the crowd.

By now our Soarn' FP's were ready. But first, we had to get a premium Mickey ice-cream bar. I could eat one of these every day.

Soarn' was great. By this time it was 2pm and my family was hot and grumpy. Time to go back to hotel for a nap.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Canefamily
Earning My Ears

PVI has a social hour from 5pm-7pm. We woke up from our nap and headed to the social hour. The were serving. Chili, chips, green salad, macaroni salad and two soups, tomato and chicken noodle. It was just ok.

5:30pm we are headed for DL. We jump on the train right away to ride to NOs. Main Street was crowded from the up coming parade. We walked down to Indy and grab some FP's. Walked onto the JC. Very funny cm. He made me want to stay on his boat all night. Next we went to the HM. Then we wandered to the Pooh ride and drooled on the candy in the candy store.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #19
Canefamily
Earning My Ears

Then we decided to see what the wait time was for BTR but it was down. Walk to tomorrow land and listen to the 80's band. Walked over to the Indy ride used our FP. 15 min wait for Pirates. Bengal's for a little snack. Then to main street for the fireworks.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #20
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

You have hot some of my favorite things!! I love Soarin' it is my favorite ride!! Next time you want breakfast and you are in DCA head over to the GCH and visit White Water Snacks they have a good breakfast.

I love Bengal Bbq. Especially the bacon wrapped asparagus. Yummy!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
Canefamily
Earning My Ears

Saturday, 13th was our Universal Studios day. We woke up at 7pm and had the breakfast provided by PVI. I'm not a big breakfast person so it work well for me. My dh and dd are not picky eaters so it works for us.

We go to the green bus stop in front of the BWPPI. Greyhound Tours pick up time was for 8:15am. Well, the bus did not come until 8:30am. So it made us nervous thinking that I made a mistake. They come in an unmarked bus. So if you go on a tour don't expect it to be marked. We got to the central station, purchase the tickets and boarded individual buses. The bus was very prompt about leaving at 9:15am. We made to US at 10:00.

We did the front of the line option. I'm so glad that we did that. The park was super crowded and we would have gotten as much done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: