Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #1756
hivemama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslvega View Post

Im working on a Rapunzel sundress but still stuck about the colors.....

It's only hand basted...

For the skirt i was thinking of hand embroidering some flowers ....but that will be so much work
So, do you share your secrets? I am making DD6 a Belle dress right now, and am playing around with the best way to make the skirt poof out, and yours are GORGEOUS! Do you just so a layer of tulle underneath?

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #1757
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Rapunzel

I recently finished a rapunzel dress for my daughter. It was a rough go, but she seems to like it! So I guess that is all that matters

http://images2.snapfish.com/23232323...3B934%3Anu0mrj
THis is the dress with the vest.

http://images2.snapfish.com/23232323...76234%3Anu0mrj
And without the vest.

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #1758
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I'm so excited!!! Tomorrow I have a day planned at MK per my 6 yo DD request...she's been wanting a mommy day and her big sisters are both busy. She asked for a trip to BBB, and I got lucky and caught an appointment a 8:40. We'll miss rope drop, which she also wanted to see, but being able to walk down an almost empty Main St will be worth it. I don't think she wants to wear any customs because it's so hot, but she has a new Tink outfit with a sparkly purple skirt she wants to wear.
That sounds like fun. I would love an impromptu (no matter how many letters I keep adding it still doesn't look right ) trip, and if I thought my mother wouldn't need me while I was gone I'd love to wake up some day and decide to just go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
As always I am so jealous of everyone's talent. I made four dresses last week. Two were for my girls with a matching one for my youngest daughter's doll. They refuse to put them on and pose for photos.

However, I can post of photo of a friend's daughter with her permission of the dress I made her to wear to meet Snoopy at a local amusement park.
So cute. We don't get to see Snoopy much on this thread -- although I often see him at Joann's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericalynn1979 View Post
I made one, I think it's in the previous thread. Here she is wearing it:

Beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnanddbyz View Post

My computer will not save the designs to the disk so my machine can read it. How can I get the design sewn and the item finished if I can not get the design to save so the embroidery machine can read it.
I am sorry I just had to vent. Kirsten and I had such big plans. Now she has been crying for hours and will not stopped and I had to take a break or I might explode. I knew you guys would understand. I had such high hopes. Kirsten's first project too and now this
What? Kristen nekked? That got my attention!

Hope you can get it figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_family View Post
My mom is FINALLY bringing me her embroidery machine today (from TN)! I'm very excited to make some major progress on our clothes. But, I'm more excited because the reason she's coming right now is to visit my new niece who was born this morning. That's better than a sewing machine any day.

Regards,
C.
Hooray for a niece.

Hooray for the embroidery machine, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
These turned out great! I need to go on a cruise so I can make some of these myself.
I just heard on the evening news that someone in MN won the megamillions jackpot for $220 million. I'm hoping it's D~ and that when they ask her how she's going to spend it the first thing she'll say is, "taking all my disboutique buddies on a Disney sewing cruise." We could have seminars and classes and speakers and get lots of free stuff.

I should probably go pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post

I finally finished DD9's Girl Scout outfit to wear to camp tomorrow. It took a little improvisation because all they had of the badge fabric was 2/3 yard but I figured it out. The pants used to be a vintage 1960s GS leader's skirt I found in my grandmother's fabric stash (missing a button... talk about a long-overdue mending project! ), and I used the part I cut off to make the bodice of the top.

Now, off to start this week's Runway project...
The outfit is sooo cool. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
So here is what I have been working on this week. I went through my fabric stash last week and thought up a few projects to use some of the fabrics that I've had for a while now. Even the t-shirts are from my stash. The only new thing I had to buy for these projects was the applique designs. I bought the Thanksgiving and Halloween designs and then I got the chalkboard alphabet for free! Sorry that there are so many pictures. I've done a lot of sewing this week.

Sorry that this one looks strange. I didn't wait for the shirt to dry after I washed off my placement markings.
Everything looks great. I really love the chalkboard outfit.

I'm surprised people are still posting new outfits and not waiting to see if they fit in one of the upcomimng Runway categories. That's the main reason I'm holidng off, in case one week it's bridal fashion for GA dolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper383 View Post
This is a new pattern for me, but I found it quite easy....I did make a mistake with the waistband, I ended up with the kids heads cut off....oh dear, lesson learnt

Don't you hate stuff like that?

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #1759
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so excited!!! Tomorrow I have a day planned at MK per my 6 yo DD request...she's been wanting a mommy day and her big sisters are both busy. She asked for a trip to BBB, and I got lucky and caught an appointment a 8:40. We'll miss rope drop, which she also wanted to see, but being able to walk down an almost empty Main St will be worth it. I don't think she wants to wear any customs because it's so hot, but she has a new Tink outfit with a sparkly purple skirt she wants to wear.
Have a blast! I'm so jealous of you FL gals!

Quote:
As always I am so jealous of everyone's talent. I made four dresses last week. Two were for my girls with a matching one for my youngest daughter's doll. They refuse to put them on and pose for photos.

However, I can post of photo of a friend's daughter with her permission of the dress I made her to wear to meet Snoopy at a local amusement park.
That is adorable -- your friend's dd is a cutie! Don't you hate it when your kids won't model. SOme days my dd loves to and others she refuses. I had to pay her one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericalynn1979 View Post
I made one, I think it's in the previous thread. Here she is wearing it:

If you have any questions about how I did it, let me know. The darker purple is sparkly fabric from the Joann's quilting section.
I know I commented on your dress when you made it, but my dd is sitting here now and said that dress looks really cute on that girl. And then she added that the girl,herself, is just really cute

Quote:

I am getting so frustrated. I was so upset that I did not get to do last week's Runway. I had big plans for this week. I knew exactly what I am going to do. I even had an embroidered design I digitized I am going to use.
My computer will not save the designs to the disk so my machine can read it. How can I get the design sewn and the item finished if I can not get the design to save so the embroidery machine can read it.
I am sorry I just had to vent. Kirsten and I had such big plans. Now she has been crying for hours and will not stopped and I had to take a break or I might explode. I knew you guys would understand. I had such high hopes. Kirsten's first project too and now this
Tell Kirsten to calm down and that everything will be OK. Is there another design she'd be willing to use? A different creation perhaps? Tell her mine didn't turn out like I pictured it either and maybe that will make her feel better (then again, I'm not done with mine so once I finish it may look better than anticipated).
Hmmm, I had to take a bunch of your smilies in order to post. Between you and Cheryl you'd think the Disboards would up the # of images allowed.

Quote:

I finally finished DD9's Girl Scout outfit to wear to camp tomorrow. It took a little improvisation because all they had of the badge fabric was 2/3 yard but I figured it out. The pants used to be a vintage 1960s GS leader's skirt I found in my grandmother's fabric stash (missing a button... talk about a long-overdue mending project! ), and I used the part I cut off to make the bodice of the top.

that looks great and I love that your GM's skirt was incorporated into the outfit! How special is that!

Quote:
I
So here is what I have been working on this week. I went through my fabric stash last week and thought up a few projects to use some of the fabrics that I've had for a while now. Even the t-shirts are from my stash. The only new thing I had to buy for these projects was the applique designs. I bought the Thanksgiving and Halloween designs and then I got the chalkboard alphabet for free! Sorry that there are so many pictures. I've done a lot of sewing this week.

Sorry that this one looks strange. I didn't wait for the shirt to dry after I washed off my placement markings.
I love everything! The BTS is amazing and I like seeing the chalkboard alphabet done. I was just going to redo dd's BTS dress with a generic initial, but now I may look into that -- I'm sure I need other designs from PA as well!
I ADORE the halloween patchwork twirl! It's AWESOME!!!!!
Quote:
This is a new pattern for me, but I found it quite easy....I did make a mistake with the waistband, I ended up with the kids heads cut off....oh dear, lesson learnt

Cute, cute , cute! Too bad about the waistband -- but chances are no one will notice when the dress is being worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
Attempting to come out of lurkdom Ya'll are hard to keep up with! The talent of this group is amazing, and you have all inspired me! I have had a horrible time trying to get my pics to upload, but finally was able to post them on facebook, so here's a couple of the projects dd6 and I have been working on this summer

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...4159257&type=1

The owl dress she made all by herself! I'm so proud of her! She worked really hard. I've struggled to find anything to hold her attention. She's my kid who can't stand still and doesn't seem to have a lot of interests, so I was so excited to see her take to this the way she did! The only part I helped with was the gathering. She has become pretty confident on her machine!
The back shot on the Feliz isn't great since she was being goofy, but hopefully you get the idea. Now I'm making her a Belle dress for our trip in November! Hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow!

Janna
Nothing is showing up for me and the FB link is being uncooperative

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #1760
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhStuffandFluff View Post
I recently finished a rapunzel dress for my daughter. It was a rough go, but she seems to like it! So I guess that is all that matters

http://images2.snapfish.com/23232323...76234%3Anu0mrj
And without the vest.
That is beautiful! I'd be so scared to work with fabric like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post

I just heard on the evening news that someone in MN won the megamillions jackpot for $220 million. I'm hoping it's D~ and that when they ask her how she's going to spend it the first thing she'll say is, "taking all my disboutique buddies on a Disney sewing cruise." We could have seminars and classes and speakers and get lots of free stuff.

Pack?????? Nonsense! D will be buying all of us new wardrobes for the trip

I hear she's also picking up the bar tab

When do we leave

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #1761
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBAndrea View Post
Silly me, of course she'd insist on that!

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #1762
hivemama
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Nothing is showing up for me and the FB link is being uncooperative
Fixed it. They are showing up for me now. Hopefully you can see them.

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #1763
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmomof2 View Post
Here is number 7 and 8. I am half way done I Disneyfied the Miley pattern.

I love the comic Mickey fabric. I wish I had bought more!
Those are just amazing. I am still hording my Mickey Comic fabric too

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhemsath View Post
They told me at the hair salon when I took my girls to the AG store in Atlanta to make sure to use a metal brush if I wasn't using an AG brush. Something about how the hair is actually plastic, that if you use a plastic brush, it breaks off the hair.

They also said to make sure to spray their hair with a water bottle, but cover the doll's eyes with a towel because they can rust.

I actually got the girls the American Girl Doll Hair Salon at Michaels. It came with a brush, spray bottle, hair clips, a hair book and hair DVD. They have quite a few of the books and craft items and the week we went, everything was 40% off. You could also use one of the coupons

I think I might have to get this for DD's dolls. Thanks for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruto76 View Post
I'm a bit bummed ladies. I finished up a BG tonight and started on my project runway doo da. I missed out last week thanks to an awful case of hives that didn't allow me to do much. So, I get my pattern all cut and rearin' to go- I haven't embroidered on my machine since she came back from the shop a week or 2 ago. I ordered Marathon's popular 50 set while she was away and guess what? She hates it. will not stitch out with it for nothing! I'm thinking I can get away with what I have to get my project done, but ugh...so bummed. All those pretty colors. phooey.
Vent over.
That is too bad. I have never ordered from Marathon but on my PE770 I have been splurging on the Florani thread. I just love how it embroiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post

Before I start, let me offer this... You can buy a wig brush at any beauty supply store... It should specifically say "wig brush" on it. Otherwise, you can order a wig brush directly from AG - I always recommend that when people buy a new doll, they buy a doll brush with it.

The oils in human hair damage the doll's wigs, so you must be very careful not to use a brush on their hair that has been used in human hair. It's a slow process, but almost always starts with really dry dolly wigs, then they turn frizzy and are impossible to brush.

Here's what I recommend (but feel free to google it - there are lots of helpful websites out there) - Take a clean washcloth and tape it over the doll's eyes (you never want to get your doll's eyes wet - they will rust), and a plastic bag around her body. Then take her to the sink with a bottle of shampoo (I use the kids Johnson and Johnson), and wash her hair thoroughly - twice if you want to be sure - then rinse it even more thoroughly until you are 110% positive you got all of the shampoo out. Some people soak it in fabric softener (unscented) but I haven't had good results with it - so I don't recommend it - but you are welcome to try... if you want to google "downy dunk" and that should bring up tons of info on that process. Then let her air dry (do not blow dry). Once she is completely dry, then you can remove the washcloth. That *should* take any human oils out of her hair. Just remember that the scented shampoos will make their hair smell for a long time, if you don't like those kinds of scents, use unscented stuff. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM ms.

D~
thankfully I haven't brushed Kanani's hair yet. I think tomorrow I might be swing by Michaels with my 40% coupon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberDuckyRanch View Post
OMG -- i had to google image "Rapunzel Flynn boat" to get the picture I need for the lanterns so I can digitize them --- the picture I put up on FB of the Rapunzel applique is on the first page! not that its famous or anything but I am a little shocked.
Your famous

Quote:
Have fun. I am having such a bad case of the Disney blues so I will have to live through you for one day.

Quote:
Such a cute Snoopy dress.

Quote:
We've already settled on the PE770, and in fact I think my mom is ordering it from Overstock this week because they've got it for $630 with triple rewards points. Hopefully I'll be able to find a good Pluto design either from Brother or one of our wonderful digitizers.

You can get the same Disney designs from the preloaded machines at Ibroidery.com

That is the cutest girl scout outfit I have ever seen.

Quote:

Everything looks amazing. I love the Chalkboard applique.

Quote:

I love the CrissCross dress.

Quote:
Attempting to come out of lurkdom Ya'll are hard to keep up with! The talent of this group is amazing, and you have all inspired me! I have had a horrible time trying to get my pics to upload, but finally was able to post them on facebook, so here's a couple of the projects dd6 and I have been working on this summer

Janna
WOW you have been busy and you DD did an awesome job on the dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhStuffandFluff View Post

Great job on the dress.

Quote:
No one in RI ever wins .... but if it is D that would be great. That is so sweet that she would do that for us.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #1764
2cutekidz
DIS Veteran

It's been a long time since I've posted! I'll never catch up, so I'm jumping right in! We're planning a January trip, and I'm already dreaming up all the customs!! Dare I say it...this might be the last trip where DD wears full customs

Here's my latest set...

Last edited by 2cutekidz; 08-12-2011 at 06:45 PM.
2cutekidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #1765
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cutekidz View Post
It's been a long time since I've posted! I'll never catch up, so I'm jumping right in! We're planning a January trip, and I'm already dreaming up all the customs!! Dare I say it...this might be the last trip where DD wears full customs

Here's my latest set...

OMG those are just too cute. What pattern is that or did you create your own?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #1766
100AcrePrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
Hello my dear! I've missed everyone so much! I finally have more time now that I don't actually have to send out orders. So, I can chit-chat a bit now!

Those dinosaurs are so cute! The sock monkey was well done. But, I couldn't bring myself to post a picture. You know how I feel about sock monkeys. Although, yours looks much less evil since it has it's bloody red mouth closed!
I understand about not having time. 3 kids & a full-time job means I don't have much time for anything except keeping our heads above the dishes & laundry these days.

Thanks! But, I would like to point out that Bob is NOT a sock monkey! He's just a cute sleeping monkey. We do have a copuple or 4 sock monkeys in this house though.

Quote:

Love them! I'm in the middle of back to school stuff & Halloween too.

Quote:

Very cute! I'm really impressed that she made that one all by herself.

Quote:

Sooo cute! I love it!

I know I missed some. My computer doesn't always show me the pics & I don't realized I've missed them until I see some else talking about them. The GS out fit was really cute & so was the Epcot-y outfit - even if the kids heads did get cut off.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #1767
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
I am getting so frustrated. I was so upset that I did not get to do last week's Runway. I had big plans for this week. I knew exactly what I am going to do. I even had an embroidered design I digitized I am going to use.
I am just offering... I know nothing about digitizing - so I can't help you with that. Sorry. I hope you are able to figure it out.

Quote:

I love how this turned out!

Quote:

_

I just love these - one of my favorite holidays is Halloween - and I just love seeing everyone's fall and halloween items!

Quote:
I just have to say that I love how this turned out - even though the heads are cut off - I think it's a great dress (and honestly, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out).

Quote:

Janna
Wow - all of these outfits are great. Tell your dd that she did an AMAZING job on the owl dress... I also have a dd that loves to sew, and it took us a long time to find a hobby that she really enjoyed. I love the fact that I can share that time with her.

Quote:

Here's my latest set...

This is so amazing - and I love your dd's poses. I've always admired your outfits - you do some increadible work (I read back through previous threads when I first joined in)... I can't wait to see the rest of your outfits for your trip.

Quote:

Quote:

I hear she's also picking up the bar tab

When do we leave
Quote:
Silly me, of course she'd insist on that!
I WON!!!!!

Can you believe it????

In all seriousness - I am way too CHEAP to spend $1 on a lottery ticket. ROFL.

But - if by some chance I ever win the lottery (because I don't buy ticket) - I swear to take each and everyone one of you on a Disney cruise, all expenses paid... and I will even pay to have your machines shipped and we can do a whole sewing week - or maybe even two - if I am feeling generous (which I almost always am) I'll even splurge on an AG doll (or GA, if you prefer) for each of you, so you have someone to sew for.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #1768
disneywatcher
DIS Veteran

Quick question for those of you who make autograph quilts after your back from your trips. What do you use to get the autograph on the fabric? Do you use fabric markers or is there another technique I'm not aware of?
Me 33 DH 37 DD 11 DD 8 DD 4
July 2010 Wilderness Lodge, July 2011 Wilderness Lodge, November/December 2012 Wilderness Lodge (Just my Step-Mom and I)
disneywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #1769
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here's my latest set...

That's so cute!

Quote:

The owl dress she made all by herself! I'm so proud of her! She worked really hard. I've struggled to find anything to hold her attention. She's my kid who can't stand still and doesn't seem to have a lot of interests, so I was so excited to see her take to this the way she did! The only part I helped with was the gathering. She has become pretty confident on her machine!
The back shot on the Feliz isn't great since she was being goofy, but hopefully you get the idea. Now I'm making her a Belle dress for our trip in November! Hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow!

Janna
I am very impressed that your daughter made the owl dress all by herself! She is young to sew so well!

I didn't think about not posting pictures of what I have made. I guess anything I sew in the next week or two, I will have to keep secret! That way I can use them for Project Runway. LOL!

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #1770
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

Hi Everyone!! I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the pattern with the long twisty hoodie. It's like a long sleeve tee with a hood. Please send me a message if you know. Thanks..
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: