Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #1291
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buntington View Post
We received the tags/ME booklet for our August 9 trip yesterday, but the flight numbers are wrong (since we booked in January, our flight times/numbers have changed 4-5 times, ugh). Will this make our tags and passes unusable? Is it even possible to get the proper flight numbers on them this close to our trip? They have the right hotel, reservation # for Disney, names, etc., just the flight info is wrong. We booked through AAA and somehow I think the agent must not have notified Disney about the changes in flight info. Now I'm worried that our luggage will get lost or that we won't be able to use the passes...
DME doesn't care about flight numbers. They just need to know an approximate time of arrival so they can have the correct number of buses up and running. You don't need to make any changes.
Times and flight info matters for the return trip to MCO though. You can give them any corrected info when you get to MCO or to your resort.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #1292
macluck
Earning My Ears

Thank you!!! That answered alot of the questions I had.
macluck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #1293
ldeavila22
Earning My Ears

Luggage tags on DME

We are a party of 14 traveling to Disney on 07/26/2011. Half of us are traveling on Southwest (which means two free checked in luggages per person) and the other half is traveling on AirTran ( no free check in luggage ). We were planning on having those traveling on Southwest take our bags for us since they are allowed two pieces of luggage at no charge. The problem is DME sent us one luggage tag per person. Will it be a problem to tag the bags of those scheduled to arrive an hour earlier on Airtran even though they wont arrive until an hour later on Southwest? I dont want DME to leave our bags at the airport !
ldeavila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #1294
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeavila22 View Post
We are a party of 14 traveling to Disney on 07/26/2011. Half of us are traveling on Southwest (which means two free checked in luggages per person) and the other half is traveling on AirTran ( no free check in luggage ). We were planning on having those traveling on Southwest take our bags for us since they are allowed two pieces of luggage at no charge. The problem is DME sent us one luggage tag per person. Will it be a problem to tag the bags of those scheduled to arrive an hour earlier on Airtran even though they wont arrive until an hour later on Southwest? I dont want DME to leave our bags at the airport !
I think you're asking if you can take the DME tags for the AirTran group and put them on the bags carried by the Southwest group?

I really don't know the right answer, but my guess is the airlines don't care what DME tags you have on your bags, and the DME handlers at MCO will just take yellow-tagged bags off the planes and deliver them to whatever resort is listed on the tags.

But if it were me I would call DME and see what they say about the tags and how they can be used.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #1295
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeavila22 View Post
Assuming you're staying at the same resort it will be fine.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #1296
Vivig
Addicted to DISboards
...are we leaving ? when? how many more days?
Every post is like opening a new present.

Here is a silly question for you all...Do your baggages ever get lost and / or not arrive in your room?

Thanks in advance
Vivian

March 2014 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
March 2013 - Eastern Disney Fantasy
August 2011 - Walt Disney World - CSR
March 2007 - WDW 2 days- POR...attending party!!
March 2005 - Western Disney Magic
March 2004 - Land & Sea-POR & Disney Wonder
May 2003 - Western Disney Magic
May 2001 - Walt Disney World

Vivig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #1297
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivig View Post
Here is a silly question for you all...Do your baggages ever get lost and / or not arrive in your room?

Thanks in advance
Vivian
I've used DME about 10 times so far....have yet to have a problem. Just about the only reasons bags wouldn't make it to a resort room would be...
A...the airline misdirected it
or
B...DME delivered it to the wrong resort.

If it was B, it's a very easy fix. If it's A, DME should track the missing bag for you.

I don't often hear about someone not having their bags in their room.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #1298
cbate717
Enjoy Every Mile

Location: Rhode Island, only 1,263 miles from the happiest place on earth

I went through many pages and just decided to post instead.

I am only at 44 days....so im not freakin out yet. But when should I start to worry that I haven't gotten my ME package

Thanks!

9.95 AS Sports|9.97 AS Sports|9.99 AS Sports|9.02 AS Sports|9.06 POP|3.09 POP/CBR|9.09 POP|3.10 AS Sports|9.11 AS Sports|12.12 AS Movies|9.13 PORFQ|10.14 Disneyland

Disney Fantasy Sept 2013 7 Day Eastern Carib
Disney Cruise 2015-Ship & Destination TBD
cbate717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #1299
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbate717 View Post
I went through many pages and just decided to post instead.

I am only at 44 days....so im not freakin out yet. But when should I start to worry that I haven't gotten my ME package

Thanks!
Usually the DME packet shows up 3-4 weeks prior to departure. If you get to about 3 weeks out and haven't received anything, call DME to make sure they have you in their system and they will still have time to resend the packet.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #1300
cbate717
Enjoy Every Mile

Location: Rhode Island, only 1,263 miles from the happiest place on earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Usually the DME packet shows up 3-4 weeks prior to departure. If you get to about 3 weeks out and haven't received anything, call DME to make sure they have you in their system and they will still have time to resend the packet.
Awesome!! Thanks!!
As you can see Im a little anxious....

9.95 AS Sports|9.97 AS Sports|9.99 AS Sports|9.02 AS Sports|9.06 POP|3.09 POP/CBR|9.09 POP|3.10 AS Sports|9.11 AS Sports|12.12 AS Movies|9.13 PORFQ|10.14 Disneyland

Disney Fantasy Sept 2013 7 Day Eastern Carib
Disney Cruise 2015-Ship & Destination TBD
cbate717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #1301
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

We all understand that feeling...want everything to go right and get on our way to WDW. Have a great trip!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #1302
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbate717 View Post
Awesome!! Thanks!!
As you can see Im a little anxious....
You're in good shape for the DME mail. 45 days out is the final payment deadline. About a week or so after I made my final payment (right at 44-45 days) I got the DME mail. Best mail ever.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #1303
Dan1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I've used DME about 10 times so far....have yet to have a problem. Just about the only reasons bags wouldn't make it to a resort room would be...
A...the airline misdirected it
or
B...DME delivered it to the wrong resort.

If it was B, it's a very easy fix. If it's A, DME should track the missing bag for you.

I don't often hear about someone not having their bags in their room.
Last year my DD and I traveled along for the first time. We checked one suite case and her two canes bundled by the air line check-in in a large see through plastic bag (think of a typical bag which holds skis),

Both were delivered to our room in OKW between the time we check-in and when we then returned from a couple of hours at Disney's Market Place Village.

Dan
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #1304
raugust
Earning My Ears

Dme

A quick question. I have two room reservations for Poly in late Nov. early Dec.
My wife and I have one ressie and my daughter and her family have the other. Each of us have one bag (two for our res. and four for my daughter's). I also have a van rented from MCO. I plan on driving the van to the Poly while the other five ride the DME. I was led to believe that if at least one person, per reservation, checks in at the bus, all luggage for that reservation is loaded, I.E. My wife and my bags on our and my daughters family on theirs. True? I would hate to have my bag sitting at the MCO
raugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #1305
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raugust View Post
A quick question. I have two room reservations for Poly in late Nov. early Dec.
My wife and I have one ressie and my daughter and her family have the other. Each of us have one bag (two for our res. and four for my daughter's). I also have a van rented from MCO. I plan on driving the van to the Poly while the other five ride the DME. I was led to believe that if at least one person, per reservation, checks in at the bus, all luggage for that reservation is loaded, I.E. My wife and my bags on our and my daughters family on theirs. True? I would hate to have my bag sitting at the MCO
From what I've read, and what makes sense to me anyway, is that all bags with yellow DME tags are picked up at MCO and delivered to the resorts. There's no effective way to reconcile bags at the airport with who gets onto the buses. Your plan will work.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: