Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #751
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Ok everyone, you were SO right! We just got back yesterday from our 1st Poly stay. You all warned me. Once we went Poly, we'd never want to go anywhere else again (we've done CSR, POR and WL in the past.) I must admit, I didn't believe you. BOY WAS I WRONG! Is it possible to be in love with a resort? I am! I'm now completely ruined for all other resorts - especially non-monorail resorts. Even though the monorail had a few technical difficulties a couple of times, it was SO worth it!

I don't think I can find one complaint about our Poly stay! And btw, they were checking room keys EVERY day at the pool and issuing wrist bands. I also did notice a lot of old resort mugs being used which irked me, but that's not a Poly complaint - that's directed at the guests who use them. Ok, so I did just think of one small complaint (and it's so minor that it doesn't even matter) - there were only 3 lid colors for the mugs. There's 4 of us, so dd and I both got pink. I did see other mugs around the parks with other color lids, so I know they're out there! Again, almost way too minor to mention!

So, you've found a fellow Poly worshipper folks!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #752
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneefamily+4 View Post
Ok everyone, you were SO right! We just got back yesterday from our 1st Poly stay. You all warned me. Once we went Poly, we'd never want to go anywhere else again (we've done CSR, POR and WL in the past.) I must admit, I didn't believe you. BOY WAS I WRONG! Is it possible to be in love with a resort? I am! I'm now completely ruined for all other resorts - especially non-monorail resorts. Even though the monorail had a few technical difficulties a couple of times, it was SO worth it!

I don't think I can find one complaint about our Poly stay! And btw, they were checking room keys EVERY day at the pool and issuing wrist bands. I also did notice a lot of old resort mugs being used which irked me, but that's not a Poly complaint - that's directed at the guests who use them. Ok, so I did just think of one small complaint (and it's so minor that it doesn't even matter) - there were only 3 lid colors for the mugs. There's 4 of us, so dd and I both got pink. I did see other mugs around the parks with other color lids, so I know they're out there! Again, almost way too minor to mention!

We are so excited for our first stay. I didn't end up requesting a longhouse I just requested a balcony b/c that was more important. There were a couple of longhouses that I thought we would love so I'll just take whatever I get. Just happy to be there.
Glad you had a great time.
How was the weather and crowds???
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #753
woodkins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you had a great time & have come over to the Poly side!!

One tip I have for the limited mug colors is to swap the lids with each other to make multi combos: ie: you have a pink handle with yellow top etc. We do this alot when we travel with my dd's cheer team. Gives you more individula options

7/14 BC, 4/14 ASSP, 10/13 POLY, 8/13 WL, 4/13 WORLDS @ASMu, 11/12 Aulani 9/12 AKL, 7/12 BC, 10/11 POLY, 9/10 POLY, 12/09 POP, 9/09 GF, 2/09 POFQ, 12/08 POLY, 5/08 POLY, 12/07 POLY, 5/07 ASSp, 12/07 CB, 9/07 AKL, 12/06 ASMo, 9/06 WL,
woodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #754
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Ferry and Monorail

I need to know about how long it takes to travel to MK on the ferry and the monorail. How much more time does the ferry take ? How late does the ferry run ? We will be staying until closing at MK after wishes and the electrical parade. I thought maybe we could take the ferry back to the poly after closing of the MK. I also wanted to know how long it takes for the monorail to get to and from Epcot ? This will be during Sept. so it wont be real busy but I would say a moderate amount of people staying in Disney.

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #755
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Congratulations! I just had to say hi since our kids ages almost match!!! Your kids will love it! We spend a lot of time at the Volcano pool so we like to stay at the Samoa building. (Bonus = you can go back to your bathroom instead of using the restroom there, not dirty just nice to use your own). DD15 likes to go off and explore, DS12 likes breaks from the pool at the arcade, while DD5 likes to play on the beach. Everything is so nice and centrally located from the main pool.

We only have 55 sleeps left and cannot wait!
Haha!! They do almost match!! Only my oldest even knows that is where we are staying...he's super excited!! My little guy doesn't even know about the trip at all and won't find out until we are heading for the airport. My daughter thinks we are staying at POR again. Won't she be thrilled??!! Figured it would be a fun surprise for her! I can't wait to just check everything out at the resort. We have 2 non-park days sinse we are there for 12 days...so that will be Poly time! I am hoping we get Tokelau...just seems to fit us from what I've read. I'd love third floor or second. Anyone know how often that is requested? We arrive at 8:00 on the arrival night. So, rooms may not be plentiful at that time??!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #756
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I need to know about how long it takes to travel to MK on the ferry and the monorail. How much more time does the ferry take ? How late does the ferry run ? We will be staying until closing at MK after wishes and the electrical parade. I thought maybe we could take the ferry back to the poly after closing of the MK. I also wanted to know how long it takes for the monorail to get to and from Epcot ? This will be during Sept. so it wont be real busy but I would say a moderate amount of people staying in Disney.
The actual ride time (not counting waiting) from Poly -> MK is about 10 minutes for either the monorail or the resort launch. The monorail has one stop at the GF and the launch is direct to the MK.

From MK -> Poly it is about 15-20 minutes, the monorail stops at the CR and the TTC first, and the launch stops at the GF before reaching the Poly.

The FERRY to the TTC will require the wait, a 10 or so minute ride and then a 10-15 minute walk back to the Poly depending on which longhouse you are in. The ferry runs directly between the TTC and the MK.

To and from Epcot, not counting your walk or monorail ride to/from the TTC is about 10-15 minutes.

Again, this is from memory, I've never actually timed anything so I may be a little over or under.

The resort monorail runs from 1 1/2 hours before opening until I believe about 1 hour after the later park closing (Epcot or MK), with the exception of EMH and the new monorail scheduling, which I'm not sure about at all.

I think the resort launch stops running about 45 minutes after the MK closes, but again, this may have changed with the new EMH scheduling. I think the ferry to the TTC runs 1 hour before and 2 hours after.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!

Last edited by guitarob; 08-11-2011 at 05:35 PM.
guitarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #757
Dizneefamily+4
Wish I could live in Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodkins View Post
Glad you had a great time & have come over to the Poly side!!

One tip I have for the limited mug colors is to swap the lids with each other to make multi combos: ie: you have a pink handle with yellow top etc. We do this alot when we travel with my dd's cheer team. Gives you more individula options
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Great idea on the mug lids/handled! Thanks!

It probably took about 10 min on the monorail and about the same on the ferry to get to MK. The ferry comes about every 12 min. We used both and loved it!
'10 - POR/WL
Aug. '11 - POLY
Aug. '12 - POFQ
Aug. '13 - POLY
Dizneefamily+4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #758
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

DD8 was eating a pineapple popsicle and said "this tastes like the Poly!" It's shameful how we brainwash our kids! (but she's right ... those things taste amazing and they do remind me of the Poly!)

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by maiapapaya; 08-11-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: because I type faster than I think!
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #759
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
The actual ride time (not counting waiting) from Poly -> MK is about 10 minutes for either the monorail or the resort launch. The monorail has one stop at the GF and the launch is direct to the MK.

From MK -> Poly it is about 15-20 minutes, the monorail stops at the CR and the TTC first, and the launch stops at the GF before reaching the Poly.

The FERRY to the TTC will require the wait, a 10 or so minute ride and then a 10-15 minute walk back to the Poly depending on which longhouse you are in. The ferry runs directly between the TTC and the MK.

To and from Epcot, not counting your walk or monorail ride to/from the TTC is about 10-15 minutes.

Again, this is from memory, I've never actually timed anything so I may be a little over or under.

The resort monorail runs from 1 1/2 hours before opening until I believe about 1 hour after the later park closing (Epcot or MK), with the exception of EMH and the new monorail scheduling, which I'm not sure about at all.

I think the resort launch stops running about 45 minutes after the MK closes, but again, this may have changed with the new EMH scheduling. I think the ferry to the TTC runs 1 hour before and 2 hours after.
Thank you

Old 08-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #760
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great idea on the mug lids/handled! Thanks!

It probably took about 10 min on the monorail and about the same on the ferry to get to MK. The ferry comes about every 12 min. We used both and loved it!
Ok thats good to know, so it takes about the same amount of time ?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #761
maine girl
Mouseketeer

Poly here we come

Will be at the Poly for the first time Sunday. We have been staying at the AKL for the past three visits, but the discount we received had no rooms there. My eldest daughter is very excited because she has always wanted to stay at the Poly. My youngest daughter just was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 4 weeks ago so it will be good to be at a hotel on the monorail. It sounds like we will have a good time.
maine girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #762
Dalpal
Has a brand new granddaughter!
Does not get clever until I have had my coffee.....Thats ok neither does the Tag Fairy
Will try to be good...

We leave Monday!..
We have a res. @ Trails End Restaurant at the campsites. Does anyone know if we can take the ferry from the Poly? Its for 7PM. Any suggestions?

OUR PAST TRIPS
Apr 96 DL/May 00 POR/May 01 CSR/Jul 03 YC/Jun 04 FQ/Jul 05 POLY/May06 Poly/Jan 07 PC/DCL Wonder/Sep 07 WL/ JUN 08 PC/ MAR 10 FQ/AUG 11 POLY/ APR 12 PC/Aug 12 PC/DCL Dream
Dalpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #763
mikkiwikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I can find one complaint about our Poly stay! And btw, they were checking room keys EVERY day at the pool and issuing wrist bands.
Glad to hear this!
We will be there in 8 days! I also am afraid Im about to spoil my family andthere will be no turning back! oh well
My Trippies:
2008 ThanksGiving TR POP-O-LICIOUS / CR Summer 2011 POLYTASTIC EXTRAVAGANZA
2011- Christmas in Orlando WindsorHills XtraVaGanZa
2012 - SUMMER POP & Windsor Hills
mikkiwikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #764
logpey
Disney or bust!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalpal View Post
We leave Monday!..
We have a res. @ Trails End Restaurant at the campsites. Does anyone know if we can take the ferry from the Poly? Its for 7PM. Any suggestions?
Take the POLY water taxi or monorail to Magic Kingdom then you will take the water taxi from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness for dinner ressies! Enjoy!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 AM   #765
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Ok everyone, you were SO right! We just got back yesterday from our 1st Poly stay. You all warned me. Once we went Poly, we'd never want to go anywhere else again (we've done CSR, POR and WL in the past.) I must admit, I didn't believe you. BOY WAS I WRONG! Is it possible to be in love with a resort?
I'm glad you had a wonderful time, its a happy place!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
logpey is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: