Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #796
lvp49
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 27

Current mug?

Can someone post a picture of the current mug?
__________________
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'September,30,2004 7:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Upgrade To AKL!!!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Hope we got an upgrade!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
lvp49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #797
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer
 
cp'ersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 289

Never mind! miss read a post.
__________________

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #798
hazelandannie
Magic here we come
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 294

Lifetime mug

I recently found 4 old mugs from Dixie Landings in the back of the cupboard.
We were sure they were purchased as lifetime refills for the one resort but after trawling the Internet for clarification we thought we must have miss understood.

So emailed Disney and thought I would let everyone know the official response incase they have the same mugs. I'm now going to take mine on future trips and benefit from my original deal... I'm not being a cheapskate just making the most of what was offered way back.

Here's the email below

Thank you for contacting us at Walt Disney World Guest Services.

My sincere apologies in misunderstanding the type of mug you were
referencing. The larger mugs that were sold approximately 10 years and
back, are indeed lifetime mugs. They have a red top, and handle and I
believe have Briar Fox, Briar Rabbit and Bear on them. I confirmed with
the Food and Beverage Team at Port Orleans Riverside Resort and they
were very enthusiastic that yes indeed you will be able to use these in
your future visit.
If for any reason you encounter any challenges while at the resort
please do not hesitate to contact my offices.

We look forward to your future visit and hope you have a magical time.
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #799
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post
I recently found 4 old mugs from Dixie Landings in the back of the cupboard.
We were sure they were purchased as lifetime refills for the one resort but after trawling the Internet for clarification we thought we must have miss understood.

So emailed Disney and thought I would let everyone know the official response incase they have the same mugs. I'm now going to take mine on future trips and benefit from my original deal... I'm not being a cheapskate just making the most of what was offered way back.

Here's the email below

Thank you for contacting us at Walt Disney World Guest Services.

My sincere apologies in misunderstanding the type of mug you were
referencing. The larger mugs that were sold approximately 10 years and
back, are indeed lifetime mugs.
They have a red top, and handle and I
believe have Briar Fox, Briar Rabbit and Bear on them. I confirmed with
the Food and Beverage Team at Port Orleans Riverside Resort and they
were very enthusiastic that yes indeed you will be able to use these in
your future visit.
If for any reason you encounter any challenges while at the resort
please do not hesitate to contact my offices.

We look forward to your future visit and hope you have a magical time.
I wonder if this means that all the larger mugs are considered "Lifetime Mugs". I have a number of them in my basement.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #800
hazelandannie
Magic here we come
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 294

It's worth emailing and asking make sure you give a good description though as I easily confused them lol
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #801
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvp49 View Post
Can someone post a picture of the current mug?
Here you go, although variations on the lid colors are being reported. Black instead or in addition to yellow, plus there are green, purple, and orange lids at All-Star Sports for the RFID chip test mugs.

From a DIS Unplugged blog entry:

__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #802
chunkdog95
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10

All Star Sports in August

I too am not a cheapskate, but do have some 2011 mugs that some friends gave me for my trip next week. Since we are staying at All Star Sports, I figured it might be worth it to try...but wanted to know if they are even worth the space in the suitcase. Please let me know your thoughts. Gotta have my coffee in the morning.

John
chunkdog95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #803
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
BebopBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: just a pilgrim traveling through
Posts: 1,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkdog95 View Post
I too am not a cheapskate, but do have some 2011 mugs that some friends gave me for my trip next week. Since we are staying at All Star Sports, I figured it might be worth it to try...but wanted to know if they are even worth the space in the suitcase. Please let me know your thoughts. Gotta have my coffee in the morning.

John

All Star Sports is the only place right now testing the dispenser and new mugs w/ the chip. So regardless as to whether the mugs came from Sports or not..they won't work.
__________________
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."



Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #804
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkdog95 View Post
I too am not a cheapskate, but do have some 2011 mugs that some friends gave me for my trip next week. Since we are staying at All Star Sports, I figured it might be worth it to try...but wanted to know if they are even worth the space in the suitcase. Please let me know your thoughts. Gotta have my coffee in the morning.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
All Star Sports is the only place right now testing the dispenser and new mugs w/ the chip. So regardless as to whether the mugs came from Sports or not..they won't work.
And since you didn't purchase them at all, you cannot use them.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #805
dsnymnky86
Earning My Ears
 
dsnymnky86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 73

Is the new Hawaii resort going to offer the mugs?
__________________
~Savy~

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
- Walt Disney
dsnymnky86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:42 AM   #806
KaitR
Earning My Ears
 
KaitR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7

I purchased one of the "lifetime" sized mugs in Hollywood Studios (I think as a one-time use souvenir mug) at one of the quick service locations on Sunset Boulevard in 2008 and they are my family's FAVORITE size--does anyone know if these are still available?
__________________
Kait
Adventure is out there!
KaitR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #807
lisam427
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 631

this coming september we are staying at coronado springs. do you know if at that resort i cant get light lemonaid, unsweetened iced tea, and coke zero.
__________________
2005 POR, 2008 POR, 2009 POR, 2010 CBR
2011 CORONADO SPRINGS, 2012 POR
NEXT TRIP SEPTEMBER 2013 AT POR FQ

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #808
discnewbie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 401

My kids are going to love these mugs!
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #809
MMouse23
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53

Exclamation Juice?!

Can you get juice in these mugs? I have been reading that the only thing close is lemonade. Any resorts have juice?

Thanks!
MMouse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #810
archdandy
DIS Veteran
 
archdandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMouse23 View Post
Can you get juice in these mugs? I have been reading that the only thing close is lemonade. Any resorts have juice?

Thanks!
When we stayed at the All Star resorts in 2010 they had gatorade I believe. The blue kind. And they also had the lemonade you mentioned. But we just got back from Coronado Springs and the only thing they had other than pop was lemonade and iced tea.
__________________

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: