Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

These are the questions from June 2011 from the Summer Challenge. The July and August questions will be copied in a separate post after the challenge is over -- or when we run out of space, whichever comes first.

QOTD Wednesday, June 1--What did you have for breakfast? Do you regularly eat breakfast?

QOTD Thursday, June 2 --How do you feel about stepping on the scale for the first weigh in tomorrow

QOTD Friday, June 3rd --Introduce yourself! Why are you here?

QOTD Saturday, June 4 --What are your goals for the challenge? A lot of things I have read say that in order to be successful it works best to break a larger goal into smaller goals. Do you have intermediate goals? Do you have any rewards for along the way.

QOTD Sunday, June 5 --So, I think everyone has some great goals. But as I have learned the hard way, things don't always go exactly as planned. The hardest thing about healthy living in my opinion, is just staying on the wagon. Do you have a plan in place to deal with weeks when you may not loose or days when you just fall off the wagon?

QOTD Monday, June 6 -- Do you have an exercise plan?

QOTD Tuesday, June 7 -- What is your favorite vegetable/vegetable dish?

QOTD Wednesday, June 8 -- What are your emergency healthy snack ideas for when you are out and don't have time to get a healthy meal, or for when you are home and you just can't make it until dinner without eating something?

QOTD Thursday, June 9 -- I thought I'd end the week with an easy one. What is your favorite Disney Resort?

QOTD Friday, June 10 -- How do you track/journal your food? Do you keep an old-fashioned paper journal or a list? Do you do it online or maybe on an iphone app?? If you DON'T track/journal your food, do you think you should?

QOTD Saturday, June 11: Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what is it?

QOTD Sunday, June 12: How do you imagine your life will change once you reach your goal weight (or get nearer to it anyhow)? Will you be more confident? More outgoing? More athletic? More energetic? Or just the same old you, but thinner??

QOTD Monday, June 13: What is your Achilles heel of food...your "downfall.... your "crack"? That one (or two or three) food that you absolutely cannot resist? And how do you avoid it or resist it if it is around??

QOTD Tuesday, June 14:A few BL challenges ago, someone suggested that we all make a vow to NEVER GIVE UP! And they were right on track. When it comes to getting healthier, we should never give up. Because what will that get us? It certainly won't make us any slimmer or healthier, will it?? So I'm wondering... especially for you newbies.... are you ready to make that committment? That you won't throw in the towel after a bad weigh-in.... or continue to eat junk after a blown weekend..... or skip workouts just because they are tough?? Are you ready to make the committment here today, that you will NEVER GIVE UP? If so, please state it here! In big bold colorful letters!

QOTD, Wednesday, June 15: (Today is a "fluff" day ). Besides your wedding/engagement ring(s), what is your favorite piece of jewelry?? Doesn't matter if it is real or costume. Where did you get it? Does it have any special meaning?

QOTD, Thursday, June 16: What other healthy habits have your developed (or are you trying to develop) along with losing weight and exercising? Are you trying to quit smoking? Eliminate artificial sweeteners? Reduce caffeine? Reduce stress?

QOTD, Friday, June 17: What is your plan to avoid the temptation to fall off the wagon as we head into the weekend? Are today's meals planned, exercise scheduled, etc...

QOTD, Saturday, 6/18: Which leads me to the QOTD Saturday, June 18, How do you measure progress without the scale? I measure progress without the scale by...
* How my clothes fit
* Using other numbers (body fat, BP, etc.)
* Monitoring my energy levels
* Assessing my emotions and self-esteem
* None of these- I only use the scale

QOTD, Sunday, 6/19:
How would you rate your "diet rage"?
* Low- I'm moving slowly, but I'm on my way!
* Moderate- Everyone's moving except me
* High- I'm screaming but no one can hear me!
* All Over The Board- It's stop and go all the way

QOTD, Monday, 6/20: QOTD: What is the one or two items that you would miss the MOST if your entire home disappeared today? (Assume that all of your family and pets were safe and healthy and that all of your photos were safely backed up off-site somewhere.... cause they should be!!)

QOTD, Tuesday, 6/21: If you could have a personal chef who took care of one meal a day, which meal would it be and why?

Maybe breakfast, because it is hard to get moving that early in the day?
Maybe lunch, because brown-bagging it is getting old?
Maybe dinner, because you hate the rush at the end of the day?

BONUS.... if you could trade the personal chef for one hour of maid service every day, would you??

QOTD, Wednesday 6/22: We all know that BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day. Do you adhere to that statement? What is your typical breakfast like? Do you keep it light? How soon before waking do you eat? "They" say we should eat within 30 minutes of waking - do you?

DISNEY QOTD Wednesday 6/22: Won't you tell me about your first trip to Disney?? DL or WDW? How old were you? Who were you with? What is your favorite memory from the trip? Were you hooked by trip #1??

QOTD, Thursday 6/23: i have a feeling we've all tried some crazy things to lose weight. what was a crazy diet that you tried? what did you learn from it?

Disney QOTD, Thursday 6/23: do you have a disney family tradition? hit a certain park or ride first? take a picture at a particular spot? eat at a certain place? are you ornament buyers?? share if you would!

QOTD, Friday 6/24: well, it's my anniversary today and whenever there's something to celebrate, i always turn to....food. so here's a two parter: instead of turning to food to celebrate, what is something we all can do to celebrate a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, graduation)?? secondly, because we all have to eat, what is a celebratory meal that you can make healthier???

Disney QOTD, Friday, 6/24: What's your favorite Hidden Mickey?? What's the one you always point out??

QOTD, Saturday, 6/25: What are some simple ways that YOU sneak more exercise in during the day? Do you take the stairs when possilbe? take a walk at lunch time? play a game with the kiddos?

Disney QOTD, Saturday 6/25: Who is your favorite character?? And most importantly, WHY?

QOTD, Sunday, 6/26: Ok, so....the morning after. these are the type of days that i tend to throw in the towel. the morning after going on a few day binge is never a good one for me. i need to reign it in. how do YOU reign it in after a day (or more) of falling off the wagon...hard..?? what's your plan? extra water? extra workout?

Disney QOTD, Sunday 6/26: What attraction have you NOT done yet that "everyone" has done? why haven't you done it?? are you going to??

QOTD, Monday 6/27: What are YOU going to do to make this a great OP day?? What's your plan? Walk us through your food plan and exercise plan for the day. And bonus points if you get back on later and tell us that you did it!!

Disney QOTD, Monday 6/27: Ok so we went over what rides we haven't been on yet...how about those rides that we just HAVE to do every.single.time. no matter what. i know we all have those rides that just are extra special. what are they??

QOTD, Tuesday 6/28: What are YOU doing for exercise today??

Disney QOTD, 6/28: Are a park hopper or a one-a-day visitor?

QOTD, Wednesday 6/29: water. how do you get your water in each day? drink glasses throughout the day? fill a water bottle? drink it by a certain time? Disney QOTD, Wednesday June 29th: When was your last trip to Disney? (WDW, DL, DCL, AbD) When is your next trip?? tell us a little something about it!

Disney QOTD, Wednesday June 29th: When was your last trip to Disney? (WDW, DL, DCL, AbD) When is your next trip?? tell us a little something about it!

QOTD, Thursday June 30th: After dinner and before bed is a REALLY tough time for me. What do YOU do after dinner in order to stay on plan? Do you have a snack? What is it? A rule that you can't eat? A drink of water? How do you fight those little demons that say "eeeaaaatttt" when you're watching tv or doing whatever you do at night??

Disney QOTD, June 30th: What's that one thing that really makes you feel like you're at Disney? A ride? A special walk down Main Street? A treat?
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: