Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #151
jlr9882
Mouseketeer

Wow!!!! I did not realize what all you can get with a snack credit! Amazed! Side salad, tye dye cheesecake (this will be calling my name when we stay at POP), nachos/dip, and more. I was planning on Mickey ice cream bars, but there is so much more I can choose from now and few extra things my DS with his 30 food allergies can choose. I will be taking this list with me when we go! Thank you soooo much!

[/url]

July 2013- Our 1st July 4th trip with a party of 12- CSR w/DDP
Aug 2011- Bahamas Celebration Cruise and Disney -POP w/DDP (My DS with 20+ allergies was treated like a Prince!)
Feb 2011- Epcot trip and DTD- offsite rental house
Aug 2009- DS first trip! -POP
Tons more trips before then offsite with my first trip at only 6 weeks old. My cousin that went as our babysitter is now a CM!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:30 AM   #152
kena12
Earning My Ears

BOARDWALK BAKERY
Mickey muffins
Chocolate Croissant
Banana Bread
Vanilla & Chocolate Donut Rings $1.59
Raspberry Donut
Bowtie Twist Donut $2.59
Assorted Danish $2.59
Cinnamon Buns $2.59
Sticky Buns $2.59
Sugar Free Cheesecake $3.99
Cheesecake Brownie $3.99
Fruit Tart $3.99
Eclair $3.59
Cupcake $1.99
Sm. Mickey Cakes $2.79
Banana Split Pie $3.49
Flan
Cereal w/milk $1.99
Fruit bowl
Cheesecake
Tiramisu
All items which Disney considers Family size ie; large bags of chips, boxes of donuts, jars of dip, etc. are not longer included as a snack option.There is no need to read though the following pages of this thread as the first page has all current updates.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #153
llb
live the life you love,love the life you live

I was just at Coronado, 7/1 to 7/8 and Bagels are a snack item in Peppermarket
1997-Dixie Landings
1998-HArd Rock Hotel
1999-Beach Club
2000-Lake George
2001-Caribbean Beach Club
2002-Port Orleans French Quarter
2003-Royal Caribbean Cruise
2004-Royal Caribbean Cruise
2005-Pop Century
2011-Coronado

Old 07-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #154
Disneyevery2years
Earning My Ears

confirmed snack list

beer is listed as a snack at sunshine tree? $3.79, is this accurate?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #155
purple figment
DIS Veteran

root beer float
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #156
randy2005
Mouseketeer

Thank you for this. Going in 3 1/2 weeks. We usually use our snack credits for water but not this trip. Going to get yummy stuff
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #157
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

2011 Snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy2005 View Post
Thank you for this. Going in 3 1/2 weeks. We usually use our snack credits for water but not this trip. Going to get yummy stuff

I was thinking the same thing about snacks now that I know counter service restaurants will give you ice and water in a cup upon request - I'll bring my brita water bottle and use my snack credit for something delish. Happy Planning.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #158
ALDowning
Earning My Ears

France/Boulangerie Patisserie

Because of Disney insider raves, during our January 2011 trip I headed straight to Boulangerie Patisserie when I had a hungry toddler in between meals at Epcot. After waiting in a long line I tried to snack credit the Ham and Cheese Croissant in I was told this wasn't possible...it was quite the embarrassing scene as I had left everything but my Key to the World with my party outside (won't do that again).

Anyone else recently had different outcome?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #159
Bete
DIS Veteran

I thought this might be too good to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALDowning View Post
Because of Disney insider raves, during our January 2011 trip I headed straight to Boulangerie Patisserie when I had a hungry toddler in between meals at Epcot. After waiting in a long line I tried to snack credit the Ham and Cheese Croissant in I was told this wasn't possible...it was quite the embarrassing scene as I had left everything but my Key to the World with my party outside (won't do that again).

Anyone else recently had different outcome?
I was reviewing the list here in my planning and I was so happy to see this being possible; so, I thought. I do believe you can do it as a counter service meal, but not a snack. I think most if not all places have a symbol for a snack next to the item for those items allowed as a snack. If I see the snack symbol for this next to the ham croissant; I will have a debate with the CM about it. I'll report back here in December if there's a snack symbol or not for this item. Thanks for the heads up; I was going to use this for basically the same reason you did. I've seen some other places where soup is allowed as a snack supposedly, but I'm going to be cautious about that, as well, after hearing from you on this one. Going in December can make a bowl of hot soup taste very good, too.

I think the snack item in the park doesn't quite have all the consistency of the other items/meals and it can be different results depending on your CM sometimes.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #160
ALDowning
Earning My Ears

Boulangerie Patisserie

I look forward to seeing how it all works out for you. I think you are right about sometimes depending on CM. I had problems finding places with Snack Credit symbol, especially at Epcot, so I will plan more carefully this time with the help of this fantastic thread! Best of luck in December!
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #161
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete View Post
I was reviewing the list here in my planning and I was so happy to see this being possible; so, I thought. I do believe you can do it as a counter service meal, but not a snack. I think most if not all places have a symbol for a snack next to the item for those items allowed as a snack. If I see the snack symbol for this next to the ham croissant; I will have a debate with the CM about it. I'll report back here in December if there's a snack symbol or not for this item. Thanks for the heads up; I was going to use this for basically the same reason you did. I've seen some other places where soup is allowed as a snack supposedly, but I'm going to be cautious about that, as well, after hearing from you on this one. Going in December can make a bowl of hot soup taste very good, too.

I think the snack item in the park doesn't quite have all the consistency of the other items/meals and it can be different results depending on your CM sometimes.
Boulangerie Patisserie doesn't have anything marked with the snack symbol IIRC, and reports about the ham & cheese croissant have been mixed. I know I've read a time or two that DISers were told it was only available as a CS entree. It seems like some CMs seem to allow it for a snack, others don't.

The World Showcase as a whole isn't as good about having snacks clearly marked as the rest of WDW. The Kaki-Gori stand didn't have any snack symbols either (though that may have changed with the rehab) and those are consistently allowed.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #162
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I leave in 10 days !!Is there anything in particular I can look for !! I will try to take pix with the ddps/c signs on as that is the best way to be sure it is accurate !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #163
djrobinn
Earning My Ears

Hi guys... a first timer here going to Disney (also for the first time)...

just wondering why there are prices in front of all the snack items listed in the OP? Is it just to make you feel good that you did get the dining plan or do you have to pay for this stuff despite having a dining plan?

Sorry, I know this is going to be rated as a stupid/ lame question but I just had to ask...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #164
Bete
DIS Veteran

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I leave in 10 days !!Is there anything in particular I can look for !! I will try to take pix with the ddps/c signs on as that is the best way to be sure it is accurate !!!
Most of us like to know the so-called value of our credits; we want to maximize our credits and we will use them for more expensive snacks.

Also, it helps decide if we will use a credit or pay out of pocket sometimes.

If you use your credit on a certified snack then you don't pay.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #165
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrobinn View Post
Hi guys... a first timer here going to Disney (also for the first time)...

just wondering why there are prices in front of all the snack items listed in the OP? Is it just to make you feel good that you did get the dining plan or do you have to pay for this stuff despite having a dining plan?

Sorry, I know this is going to be rated as a stupid/ lame question but I just had to ask...
It is just there for reference/decisionmaking purchases. Many people easily use their one snack per person, per night and then some so it makes sense to use it on the higher-priced items and pay for low-priced things like bottled water out of pocket.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: