Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
wlake
DIS Veteran

From Club Level YC to the Ramada? 8/2011 PTR/TR

Hello and welcome to my combination PTR and TR for one of the shortest trips to WDW on record! Since we've been to WDW for the past two summers and will be returning for a whirlwind trip in Feb. 2012, we (the parents, not the boys! ) decided to forgo park tickets and spend our time doing the out-of-park things we never seem to have time to do. We also decided, with the help of a really good room discount, to stay at YC so we could enjoy SAB. We had considered a waterpark, but DS 6 just isn't ready yet, so it seemed like a waste of money at this time in our lives.

When we leave WDW after just three short days, we're renting a car and driving to Kennedy Space Center, where we'll stay in Titusville for three nights, spending two days exploring Kennedy. This is where the name of my report comes from -- somehow I think the difference between the upscale YC and the Ramada Inn in Titusville is going to be huge!

So, here is our current plan:
day 1: fly to WDW, check in, explore YC and maybe the Boardwalk. Swim? Campfire?
day 2: swim, play mini golf
day 3: swim, visit DTD, check out and drive to Kennedy
days 4 and 5: visit Kennedy
day 6: wistfully fly home

We usually do a big countdown to our trips. The first year, we did the ten day countdown from DS 9's guidebook, which was a lot of fun. The second year, we did a 30 day countdown where I gave them something for the trip on each day. That was a little too long. The other day, I asked my family what we should do for this year's countdown, and my smart-alec husband answered, "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, of course!". Sigh.

So that's going to be our countdown. I'm going to print big signs with the numbers on the and hang them up each morning so it will be the first thing the boys see when they come out of their rooms. I'm also going to give them the corresponding number of items for the trip each day. Right now, I'm struggling to come up with things for each day, but I'm sure I will. So far, it's been 10 snacks, 9 glowsticks, and today was 8 coupons to play a game on my phone. It's time for me to think about packing, or at least getting the suitcases out of the attic!

Last edited by wlake; 08-12-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
wlake
DIS Veteran

Today was day 2 of our countdown! We've given the boys 7 sticks of gum (a huge treat for them), 6 coupons for small sodas, 5 coupons for late bedtimes (they'd be going to bed late anyway, but why not make them think it's a big deal?), 4 space themed Ziploc baggies (one for each set of coupons and for the day 3 gift), and 3 coins to make a pressed penny. Today was 2 books and Monday is a new Disney t-shirt.

The boys are mostly packed but I'm still working on mine! More when we get back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: