Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #1471
TigerTink08
love, luck, and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppartekim View Post
just remember the old sayings:

First Star to the Right.

Don't get Left at the Port.

I absolutely love this! I will def remember this so much better now

Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea / Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise / Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise/ Dec 6 2007 3-night Eastern / Nov 2008 7-night eastern / Aug 2011 7-Alaska
TigerTink08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #1472
4braders
Earning My Ears

fish extender group

I am interested in finding out how you join a fish extender group? I am cruising Jan 21-jan 28, 2012. I am surprising my oldest son with a disney cruise for his 13th birtday which is on jan. 22. I would love to be a part of the fish extender group. It sounds like so much fun!
4braders is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #1473
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4braders View Post
I am interested in finding out how you join a fish extender group? I am cruising Jan 21-jan 28, 2012. I am surprising my oldest son with a disney cruise for his 13th birtday which is on jan. 22. I would love to be a part of the fish extender group. It sounds like so much fun!
Go to the "meet" thread for your cruise. You can usually find out in there if they are organizing one.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #1474
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4braders View Post

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39857984

I think this is the link for your meet group.
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #1475
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

So is this just for DVC members only? Or can everyone participate? And also, do all stateroom levels have the fish??

Gotta love newbies

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #1476
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post
So is this just for DVC members only? Or can everyone participate? And also, do all stateroom levels have the fish??

Gotta love newbies
Not just for DVC members! Anyone (even first time cruisers like me!) can participate or even organize the FE

AFAIK, the only exception to the "fish" are concierge on the Dream since the area is "gated"

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #1477
disneydiane61
Earning My Ears

So I made my FE today.

I'm going on the 9/20 Wonder repositioning cruise with my best friend Donna. Our husbands are going to Palm Springs for a week of golf and since neither one of us golf, we decided to cruise instead.

I thought it turned out really nice. I found all of the items I needed at either Joann's or Michael's. Total cost 14 dollars. I sewed the FE ( I'm not a seamstress, but do do machine quilting and I do have a very nice machine ). I do not embroider, so I purchased Disney Scrapbooking items at the above stores and glued them on.

So give it a try... I'm glad I did. The ones on ETSY and EBAY are great. But I saved over $30, enjoyed making it and it's ORIGINAL.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #1478
sherreis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiane61 View Post
So I made my FE today.

I'm going on the 9/20 Wonder repositioning cruise with my best friend Donna. Our husbands are going to Palm Springs for a week of golf and since neither one of us golf, we decided to cruise instead.

I thought it turned out really nice. I found all of the items I needed at either Joann's or Michael's. Total cost 14 dollars. I sewed the FE ( I'm not a seamstress, but do do machine quilting and I do have a very nice machine ). I do not embroider, so I purchased Disney Scrapbooking items at the above stores and glued them on.

So give it a try... I'm glad I did. The ones on ETSY and EBAY are great. But I saved over $30, enjoyed making it and it's ORIGINAL.
Great job!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #1479
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I made my FE today.

I love the swirly/sparkly blue material!

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #1480
Mickeygolf
DIS Veteran

Great job. I love the home made ones better than the ones you can buy. I know the purchased ones are usually nicer than most of the home made versions, but there's a lot of saticfaction in making your own. My daughter and I are finishing up ours that we did together. She loved the idea from the get go and I'm the Disney freak in our house. So it's been a great Daddy/Daughter project for our cruise in October.

Way to go!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #1481
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Not just for DVC members! Anyone (even first time cruisers like me!) can participate or even organize the FE

AFAIK, the only exception to the "fish" are concierge on the Dream since the area is "gated"
I was told by someone who asked DCL that the concierge gates are left open during the day, but are locked in the evening/night. So FE gifts would just need to be distributed to them during the day.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #1482
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
I was told by someone who asked DCL that the concierge gates are left open during the day, but are locked in the evening/night. So FE gifts would just need to be distributed to them during the day.
I am on the concierge for my cruise and am actually organizing the FE. If for some reason the gates are locked when you go to deliver the FE gift, you can leave it at guest services and they will deliver it to the room for you. So no worries, the concierge guests can participate as well!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #1483
girl_barrie
Practically Perfect in Every Way!

Quote:
So I made my FE today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeygolf View Post
Great job. I love the home made ones better than the ones you can buy. I know the purchased ones are usually nicer than most of the home made versions, but there's a lot of saticfaction in making your own. My daughter and I are finishing up ours that we did together. She loved the idea from the get go and I'm the Disney freak in our house. So it's been a great Daddy/Daughter project for our cruise in October.

Way to go!!!
I LOVE your FE!!!! And I do agree that there is something really special about all of the personal touches of the homemade ones. The ones that you buy on etsy or ebay are beautiful, and made with care by an actual human being - which is GREAT - IMO, but the uniqueness of something that is made out of excitement and family fun is the BEST!!
girl_barrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #1484
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post

Gotta love newbies
anyone can participate. The fish is a brass knob plaque??? I guess is how you would describe it and everyone has one next to their door. People make bags to hang on them. The FE exchange is like a combiniation of trick or treating/secret santa. It's always fun to receive presents and delivering things gives the kids and I something to do in the mornings. Oriental trading, Christmas tree shops, $ stores are good ideas. Don't spend a ton of money, most people do trinkets. I am not organizing it this year though.

Richelle
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #1485
Fairy Princess Mom
Mouseketeer

I think your FE is great! Love the blue fabric also.

I did buy ours from someone on etsy, but I love crafting, I just don't have the time.

Good job!
Fairy Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: