Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #781
mariacj
Mouseketeer

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

There is a video on youtube showing how the Computer chips will work.

Pretty interesting.

Upcoming Pre-Graduation Trip Aug 2011

mariacj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #782
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

Does anyone happen to know, is the water in the drinks fountains filtered? I've read some things that Florida water from the fountains doesn't taste so good and even has made some people feel sick.
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #783
smidgy
dimples

[QUOTE=goofy4tink;42112673'Well, it's nice and I could see myself here...but, it's a Pepsi campus!!! Not sure I can live with that.' OMG...thought I was going to kill her. Yeah, you're going to decide on a college based on it's soda offerings??? I think not.
.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Our last visit in June, the drink selection at OKW contained both diet and regular carbonated pop but the lemonade was "light". With the exception of water, this is the only cold drink my child will drink and I do not like her drinking or eating items with artificial sweeteners. Luckily I discovered this before buying the refillable cup.

I am not crazy about the artificial stuff either.

I forgot to add that Pop Century has orange and root beer.

I watched the above you tube video. I forsee people blocking lines, waiting for the next refill to be available.

and multiple thread about refill etiquette. 2 camps. the "get to the end of the line" for refills camp.. and the ""it's just another minute, I'm still in line" camp.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #784
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by discnewbie View Post
Does anyone happen to know, is the water in the drinks fountains filtered? I've read some things that Florida water from the fountains doesn't taste so good and even has made some people feel sick.
The water at WDW isn't going to make anyone sick...it's not like going to a South American village!!! There is a higher level of sulfur in the water...at least I think that's what it is. It does have a strange taste, but I have to say that in recent years, it just hasn't tasted all that awful to me. I routinely use the water bubblers/fountains (whatever you want to call them). I hate lugging a water bottle with me, so we use the 'public' fountains. I stand a greater chance of picking up a nasty germ from a previous user of the fountain than I do from the water itself.

So, long story short...the water is fine. If you find you don't care for the taste, buy bottled water. I don't drink my own tap water at home....but I drink it at WDW. Go figure.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #785
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariacj View Post
There is a video on youtube showing how the Computer chips will work.

Pretty interesting.
I had not seen that yet. Thanks for posting, that was really informative.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #786
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by discnewbie View Post
The water from the soda fountains is filtered, the water from the water fountains is not. It tastes kind of gross when it isn't filtered, but it won't make you sick.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #787
sheri18
Mouseketeer

New to this thread.....trying to get the gist....read back many pages...confusing...this will be the first time staying in the park...what are these mugs and where do we purchase them...are they just for the resorts or in the parks also....sorry that this is most likely repative...but I really did try to find out .....thanks all
Old 08-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #788
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri18 View Post
New to this thread.....trying to get the gist....read back many pages...confusing...this will be the first time staying in the park...what are these mugs and where do we purchase them...are they just for the resorts or in the parks also....sorry that this is most likely repative...but I really did try to find out .....thanks all
Hi!

These are resort mugs available purchase at any WDW resort.

Each cost $13.99 & they are used at the soda/coffee refill stations at your resort for unlimited refills during your stay.

They are not good at the Disney parks or waterparks.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #789
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you are not staying at a resort, you don't have a length of stay at that resort, so you don't "qualify" to purchase the mugs. They are a "perk" of staying at the resort - like free parking at the theme parks while you are a resort guest. You must pay for the mug or you get the mug with the purchase of the dining plan (quick service or deluxe this year, supposedly all plans next year).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #790
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you are not staying at a resort, you don't have a length of stay at that resort, so you don't "qualify" to purchase the mugs. They are a "perk" of staying at the resort - like free parking at the theme parks while you are a resort guest. You must pay for the mug or you get the mug with the purchase of the dining plan (quick service or deluxe this year, supposedly all plans next year).
Well to be fair if someone wanted to pay the $13.99 for the mugs because they like to collect them, they can still purchase them at any of the Resort Quick Service locations. While that might not make sense because the mugs are a better deal when staying onsite for a couple of days, there is no rule or sign saying you have to be staying at that resort to purchase them and that you need to show a Key To The World card from that specifc resort or photo ID to purchase them.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #791
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Check out the very first post in this thread, it has the answers to all of your questions. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the post; the top part has the ground rules for the thread, the bottom part has the mug program information.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #792
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduck123 View Post
Hi!

These are resort mugs available purchase at any WDW resort.

Each cost $13.99 & they are used at the soda/coffee refill stations at your resort for unlimited refills during your stay.

They are not good at the Disney parks or waterparks.
thanks for the info....not sure if it would be worth it....trying to figure that out
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #793
sheri18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
we are staying at the BC
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #794
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
we are staying at the BC
So there is no problem with you purchasing the refillable mugs to use at the BC/YC (sister resorts and you can use them at any refill location at these two resorts). If you spend a lot of time at SAB, you might want the mugs so you can refill them while you are at the pool. That's when we found them the most useful.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #795
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
we are staying at the BC
also, if you decide to walk over to Boardwalk bakery in the morning to get some yummy morning goodies, you'll have no problem getting your mugs filled with coffee there.

oh yeah! if you're staying at beach club villas or anywhere near the beachclub marketplace, I would get my coffee or tea there before going to stormalong bay. darned if I can recall if they have coffee and/or tea at hurricane hannahs, but I don't think so. I aseem to remember a long walk back to the marketplace for coffee.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: