Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

Talking DCP Spring 2011 Hopeful wanting to talk to other '12 hopefuls!

I know this sounds soo crazy. but i would really like to try and find my own roomate before the program instead of getting one randomly assigned. so basically i am just looking to talk to other Spring 2012 hopefuls to get to know and make some friends before we even get to Florida.
Some quick facts about me.
Name-Kristen
Age- 17, 18 during the program.
Favorite Park- Hollywood Studios
Favorite Hotel- Pop Century
Been to WDW 4 times.
Top 4 Role Choices: 1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess 2.Attractions 3.Character Attendant 4.Photopass Photographer
Other Roles i am checking- Merchandising,Vacation Planner, FSFB,QSFB,& possibly housekeeping.
I am a super nice person and get along with people very easily.
not sure what else to put but if you are interested in talking then just reply to this post and we'll find a way to talk


*edit ahh, i put 2011 in the title. i meant 2012!!*

Last edited by kmarsico; 07-27-2011 at 02:57 PM.
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
StefwifnF
PI hopeful
 
StefwifnF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarsico View Post
I know this sounds soo crazy. but i would really like to try and find my own roomate before the program instead of getting one randomly assigned. so basically i am just looking to talk to other Spring 2012 hopefuls to get to know and make some friends before we even get to Florida.
Some quick facts about me.
Name-Kristen
Age- 17, 18 during the program.
Favorite Park- Hollywood Studios
Favorite Hotel- Pop Century
Been to WDW 4 times.
Top 4 Role Choices: 1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess 2.Attractions 3.Character Attendant 4.Photopass Photographer
Other Roles i am checking- Merchandising,Vacation Planner, FSFB,QSFB,& possibly housekeeping.
I am a super nice person and get along with people very easily.
not sure what else to put but if you are interested in talking then just reply to this post and we'll find a way to talk
Hi Kristen!
So I had my roommate chosen before the program. We met online through the facebook group and we ended up not getting along at all. The times I have done a potluck roommate decision it has been way better off so that is just my experience Just a word of advice! I know it's nerve-racking to go in not having any idea about how you are going to be sharing a room with.

That's awesome you want to do Bibbidi!! One of my neighbors did that and loooooved it.

Good luck!
StefwifnF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-27-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefwifnF View Post
Hi Kristen!
So I had my roommate chosen before the program. We met online through the facebook group and we ended up not getting along at all. The times I have done a potluck roommate decision it has been way better off so that is just my experience Just a word of advice! I know it's nerve-racking to go in not having any idea about how you are going to be sharing a room with.

That's awesome you want to do Bibbidi!! One of my neighbors did that and loooooved it.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! Even if i dont pick a roomate before id still like to know some of the people. I would absolutly loveee to work there but i am afraid because i have no salon experience that i wont get in. i have plenty experience in hair and makeup from theatre and just always doing my friends and sister's makeup and hair all the time, but i heard they want legit salon experience.
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
keypooh90
Lovatic
 
keypooh90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Second Star to the Right :)
Posts: 4,670

Hi Kristen!

Have you joined the Spring 2012 group on Facebook yet?
__________________
25 trips and counting Disney College Program Jan 2012 to July 2012...
keypooh90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by keypooh90 View Post
Hi Kristen!

Have you joined the Spring 2012 group on Facebook yet?
I actually had noooo idea there was one until about last night at 1:30 am. haha so i joined and am now apart of the group!
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer
 
apainterxx44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 157

I also would prefer to know my roommate before going down. I've done the program before, and the two girls who lived in the apartment with us ended up being complete psychos. So I'd like to know a few other people that I can at least stand to live with.
__________________

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

apainterxx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by apainterxx44 View Post
I also would prefer to know my roommate before going down. I've done the program before, and the two girls who lived in the apartment with us ended up being complete psychos. So I'd like to know a few other people that I can at least stand to live with.
yeah. lol, like atleast i'd know ahead of time if i had something in common with them or not. i'm still debating on if i want to find a roomate or if i want it to be random. but i'd still like to talk to some people and try to make some friends before i get down there.
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer
 
apainterxx44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 157

Haha yeah, I just deactivated my facebook so I could stop always logging on there and wasting my life. But, I was a member of the group. There's a lot of fun people on there. I probably should do a room mate survey on here for the people who don't use facebook... if there is anyone.. haha
__________________

Me 23 DBF Roy 27

apainterxx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

i'll post my roomate survey on here too if you decide to! haha, i tried posting it in the group docs but it always showed up blank so i kinda gave up! lol
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
mdotcom
Earning My Ears
 
mdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 9

Hey guys! I'm a spring 2012 hopeful too I'd like to pick my roommates before the program too. I go to college now and live at home, but my first semester I lived on campus and got a terrible horrible roommate from hell So I'm trying to be more cautious this time around. My names Melissa, I'll be 21 on the program and bringing my car. I'm easy to get along with, I'm clean and I don't drink or smoke. I'm hoping to do merchandising because I already have some retail experience Have any of you guys applied before? I'm worried about the web interview :/ I hear a lot of people fail.
mdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
kmarsico
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 39

Hi Melissa! I'm Kristen & i'll be 18 in 2 weeks. I havent applied before but im nervous for the WBI too! I want BBB,Photopass,or Attractions. If i get attractions i'd lovee a spieling ride
kmarsico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
college program, dcp, roomates, spring 2012, wdw



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.