Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
ewippi6
Earning My Ears

Best Place To Park

Hi,

We have an 11:30 reservation at Chef Mickey's and later a reservation at Wishes Dessert Party. So instead of taking a break we are going to start out day out at Chef Mickey's and go to MK for the day/evening.

My question is can I park at Contemporary all day? And if I can is that my best option, or should I just park at the MK Lot so I can get back to the car easier for access to extra clothes and stuff???

Thank you for your help.
ewippi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

You may not park at the Contemporary (or any resort you are not staying at) all day while you go off to a park although the parking valet might not object when he takes your keys in the hopes of getting a bigger tip.

Typically you are give a 3 hour parking pass when visiting resorts with quick access to parks.

Best choice is to park at the Magic Kingdom lot (ticket & transportation center) and take the monorail over to the COntempoaray. Or you can drive to Chef Mickeys and then drive to the MK lot when you are done.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 08-03-2011 at 10:00 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
You may not park at the Contemporary (or any resort you are not staying at) all day although the parking valet might not object when he takes your keys in the hopes of getting a bigger tip.

Typically you are give a 3 hour parking pass when visiting resorts with quick access to parks.

Best choice is to park at the Magic Kingdom lot (ticket & transportation center) and take the monorail over to the COntempoaray. Or you can drive to Chef Mickeys and then drive to the MK lot when you are done.
I agree. We did that last year. Parked at T&T last year, then took the resort to contemporary then walked to MK.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
ewippi6
Earning My Ears

Okay if we are staying on International Drive at the Sheraton Vistana Villages, and our reservations at chef mickey is at 11:30 what time would you leave to get there
ewippi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
tkldisney
DIS Veteran

I would give yourself at least and hour if not hour and half.
tkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

OK, since you're staying offsite and are going to have to pay to park anyway, I would just go to the CR and pay to valet park for the day. If you valet park, you are free to go anywhere, do anything you wish. There are no time limits when you've paid to park. Self-parking for more than 3 hrs is highly frowned upon.
So, for an 11:30 ADR at CM's I would leave your resort by 10ish...you may very well be a bit early, but you can wander around the resort and check things out.
After you eat, you can either monorail over to the MK, or walk over via the walkway. Walking if faster.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chef mickey's, contemporary, parking, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: