Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

A Dis Meet Planning Report

Okay, I have never put together a Dis Meet and I thought I would have you come along with me as I try to do this. We enjoy reading Disney Trip Reports, so I thought this would be something new to try.

Before I begin, please note that I am very excited to be part of this Dis Meet. I am not complaining or upset that I am a part of it. So please don't take any offense to this, if I tend to vent.

BACK STORY: I am not really sure how I got myself into this. I was reading a thread on a Dis Meet, either Texas or Indianapolis and I noticed this post from Cherinva. She posted something about trying to get a meet started in Virginia, but it has yet to happen. I remember about a year ago, some Disers were trying to have one in Williamsburg, but it never happened. So anyway, I private messaged Cheri about having one in Richmond. Next thing I remember I am actually looking for locations. Cheri, did I actually agree to do this...? Anyhoo, what the heck, I enjoy parties and besides Richmond is the capital of Virginia, how hard can it be to find a location?

Okay, I had to get that out of my system. Believe me it is harder than I thought.

Oh darn, I will have to share those stories with you later, I am off to check out location number 5 or was it 6, maybe 7. I don't know, I have lost count.

Last edited by disneym2m; 08-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: