Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #751
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.ojo View Post
The PP makes me wonder, does ASMo have a refill station by the pool??? If so, I've never seen it. Where is it? Would love to use that vs. having to dry off and go into the foodcourt!

Seems like next year, w/ all the dining plans giving free mugs, they're going to roll this out across all hotels. We actually have REALLY old mugs that were good forever (no language of length of stay on them). Guess that deal has ended.

Any add'l info on how this test is working would be appreciated. Also, are they now going to be good for your length of stay even if you split stay to another resort? That was one drawback of the lifetime mugs, they were only for ASMo (not even Sp or Music....it was lifetime at the one resort where you made the purchase)
Only in the food court.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #752
ms.ojo
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I thought it was only in the foodcourt.

June 2014 & June 2012 & FREE QS dining! Aug 2011 & (BWI) June 2010 Oct 2009 & FREE dining!!! Nov2008 & (CR) Oct 2007 Oct 2006 & FREE dining!!! Dec 2005 (POFQ), Gaylord Palms, , Univ & Hard Rock Apr 2005 & (WL) Oct 2003 Apr 2002 (ASMo) & Dolphin PLUS 5 trips offsite prior to kids
ms.ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #753
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.ojo View Post
...We arrive in < 2wks. At this point, not sure I'm going to buy a mug. Mapping out how many times we may actually eat at the resort vs. in the parks.
You could just fill your little refrigerator with the beverages of your choice if you decide not to go with the mug.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #754
ms.ojo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You could just fill your little refrigerator with the beverages of your choice if you decide not to go with the mug.
Yes, that's the way I'm leaning now. Though I may buy 1 mug if I like the new pattern. I love having them at home.

June 2014 & June 2012 & FREE QS dining! Aug 2011 & (BWI) June 2010 Oct 2009 & FREE dining!!! Nov2008 & (CR) Oct 2007 Oct 2006 & FREE dining!!! Dec 2005 (POFQ), Gaylord Palms, , Univ & Hard Rock Apr 2005 & (WL) Oct 2003 Apr 2002 (ASMo) & Dolphin PLUS 5 trips offsite prior to kids
ms.ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #755
KaitR
Earning My Ears

Drinks Available

Does anyone know what drinks are available for the refillable mugs at Port Orleans Riverside (specifically I'm trying to figure out if they have energy drinks--I can't remember if I "saw" energy drinks at one of the resorts or if I *made it up*) Thanks all!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #756
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitR View Post
Does anyone know what drinks are available for the refillable mugs at Port Orleans Riverside (specifically I'm trying to figure out if they have energy drinks--I can't remember if I "saw" energy drinks at one of the resorts or if I *made it up*) Thanks all!
I thought it might be Powerade, but not "energy" drinks.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #757
michellelovesthemous
DIS Veteran

POP Century colour choices?

I have read through the last 10 pages of this thread and didn't find an answer so i shall ask my question. At POP Century what are the current colours of the mugs?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #758
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

I can say that in June when we did some split stays we wound up with 12 mugs for 4 of us due to split stays and QSDP. It does seem a bit of a waste. They became souvenirs.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #759
Suellen
DIS Veteran

We get new mugs at each resort when we do split stays. Though I must say if we can't get real unlimited refills we likely won't get them at all anymore and will just hit the grocery store before going.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #760
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

With a segmented reservation when will I get mug

I have my first 4 nights as reg dine plan but then switch to dlx. Can I get my mugs the first day or will I need to wait till dlx dining kicks in?

We are dvc and purchase our own drinks to the room. Also with special diets we do not use the fountain drinks and we bring coffee we can drink . I am not interested in the refill station just the cups themselves with two kids and my dad on an evc if we could fill our mugs in our rooms before we leave it would be great. I will pack last years mugs if I have to but would rather not waste the suitcase space.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #761
Suellen
DIS Veteran

I know you can get tickets early when part of a later ressie but not sure about dining entitlements - I am guessing no - but I could be wrong.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #762
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I've just gone through and deleted a whole bunch of posts that were debates/arguments.

A reminder....FAQ threads are meant to be informational, and are not for discussion/argument/debate.

Since discussion and debate of mug policy is not allowed on the Resorts board, we wanted to have a thread where people could go to read about how Disney's current mug program works, and get questions answered that would help them determine whether or not purchasing the mugs would be a good deal for their family. Informational stuff.

Endless debates over what the mug policy should be, what everyone's personal interpretation of the policy is or what the policy was 10 years ago defeat the purpose of a FAQ thread. Such posts will continue to be deleted.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #763
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugnmama View Post
I have my first 4 nights as reg dine plan but then switch to dlx. Can I get my mugs the first day or will I need to wait till dlx dining kicks in?

We are dvc and purchase our own drinks to the room. Also with special diets we do not use the fountain drinks and we bring coffee we can drink . I am not interested in the refill station just the cups themselves with two kids and my dad on an evc if we could fill our mugs in our rooms before we leave it would be great. I will pack last years mugs if I have to but would rather not waste the suitcase space.
Nope. You won't be able to get your mugs until the day of your DXDP.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #764
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

That's what I figured bt I was hoping I was wrong. Does that mean if I do night one qsdp get my mugs then have dp then dlx din plan I would get a second set of mugs?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #765
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

I posted this in the POP thread as well, but also thought I should post it here... what drinks, besides pop, are offered at the POP resort? Is lemonade offered there as well?

Thanks!
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: