Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Sure, we'll wait 7 hours! As long as we get to WDW! July 14-22 Trip Report*NEW 3/18*

Hey everyone!
Welcome to the first ever Miller sister trip report! My name is Kayla, and my DS's name is Christie! You'll hear about our ups and downs, ins and outs, favorites and least favorites, plus A TON of other stuff! We ate A LOT! We shopped A LOT! We had TONS of fun, even with the CRAZY things that happened!

Just a short introduction on everyone going and where we stayed!

My momma! She is one of the biggest Disney fans I know, and I love love love her! Almost every morning that I am home, she sings the "Good Morning" song to me. It makes my day. She loves walking down Main Street in the morning, and cries when we leave the MK on the last day. She loves all of the characters and wishes to be the fairy godmother one day!

Daddy! I come from a family of Disney lovers, and my dad is surely one of them. He will be first in line for all of the thrill rides, but also loves his shows and relaxing time. I love that he is up for anything, and I always have fun going on trips with him. He is a Star Wars fan, so he made sure to ride that multiple times! I think my mom plans for him to drive a boat or a bus down there sometime!

Just a picture of Momma and Daddy. They so cuteee
but moving onnn....

My sistaaa, Christie! My only true competitor when it comes to being a Disney FREAK, as well as my co-writer for this trip report! haha She knows almost as much as I do, but she is slowly gaining on me. We love taking thousands of pictures together and plan on doing so for years to come. She is my best friend and I'm soo excited to make some new memories with her!

This is Jon. My sista's bf. Gags, just kidding! He's the little brother I never had, and he acts just like it! He has never been to Disney without it being a band trip. I'll probably reminice about past trips later, so you'll hear about how much better our trips are. He is super excited, or at least pretends to be when talking to me He reads about WDW a lot, and I'm sure you'll find another reader here soon

Aww, the happy couple!
and finally...

Me! Kayla's the name. I am sooooo excited to be going to WDW soon! I would die to be a princess, and have a serious cartoon crush on Aladdin. I am a future teacher and I cannot wait to be in the classroom. Hopefully, this will leave me summers to do a little traveling to my favorite place in the world!

We left for the world on Thursday July 14, and this is where our misfortunes began. But don't worry, you'll hear allllll about them in future post (you just have to come back!) It was a wonderful, magical, absolutely fantabulous 8 days, and we got home on the July 22!

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which is stunning in every way. It is my choice hotel, and I wouldn't change that for anything...well, we'll see about that. But it was just a great as I remember it being, and I loved it. We took a bunch of pictures, but I'll show you those at check in!

I hope you all enjoy our report! I love to talk Disney, so please subscribe and leave messages for us! We would love to talk to you all!

See ya real soon! Our wacky flight and check in is ahead!

Table of Contents

Day One
You have got to be kidding me...I just want to be in Disney!
Just when I thought we couldn't wait any longer!
Day Two
"What the heck..are you seriously crying at rope drop?!"
"I'm NOT running into the park in the rain! NO WAY...okay, fine"
Day Three
"Don't lean on those...they'll attack you!"
"Who woulda thought we'd spend our WHOLE night in Canada?"
SPECIAL REPORT
Day Four
Uh oh...water damage!
Stop creepin on the Penguins!
Day Five
The Giant Zoo!
We're Hoop-de-Dooin it!
Extra Magic, Extra Fun!
Day 6
He's only the best chef in the WORLD!
Staying Dry Underwater!
The Nighttime Trip Around the World
Day 7
It's TONGA TIME! Plus, a special report!
Snacks Around the World

Current Reports!
Sure, we'll wait 7 hours! As Long as we get to WDW! July 14-22 TR!
The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation!
Completed Reports!
Shake your "Bon-Bon"- Our "Last" Family Vacation-July '11 PTR

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!

Last edited by aspiringprincess1; 03-18-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
A&LDisneyChicky
Earning My Ears

We LOVE the Wilderness Lodge too! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I'm in. We are staying at VWL for the first time next May, 2012 so I'm interested in what you have to say about it. Can't wait for your TR - hope you have lots of pics!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 07-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Old 07-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

I was there the same time as you (7/13-7/23). I can't wait to read your report and relive my trip at the same time.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
aspiringprincess1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&LDisneyChicky View Post
We LOVE the Wilderness Lodge too! Can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Thanks for joining in! I don't know what it is about that place that makes me want to keep coming back, but I absolutely love it too! Hope you enjoy our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I'm in. We are staying at VWL for the first time next May, 2012 so I'm interested in what you have to say about it. Can't wait for your TR - hope you have lots of pics!
Thanks for subbing! You're going to love the lodge! Well, atleast I hope you do! Any questions about it, please ask! I have a TON of pics, so stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Thanks for subbing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1717 View Post
I was there the same time as you (7/13-7/23). I can't wait to read your report and relive my trip at the same time.
That's so cool! You'll definitely relate to my stories about the heat and the tour groups then! I hope you had a lovely trip, though! Are you writing a TR? I would love to follow if you are!

~~~~~~~~

Again, thanks for reading along! If you're lurking out there, please leave a note! I'd love to talk to you!!

I'm uploading all of my pictures to photobucket as we speak. Hopefully I'll be able to get started on our first day (travel day) later today or tomorrow! While we are waiting though, anyone have any upcoming trips or trip reports? I'd love to read all about them! Also, I'm trying to persuade my family to take a trip this december! Has anyone ever been!?

Well, See ya real soon!

Current Reports!
Sure, we'll wait 7 hours! As Long as we get to WDW! July 14-22 TR!
The Seester's Christmas Bay-cation!
Completed Reports!
Shake your "Bon-Bon"- Our "Last" Family Vacation-July '11 PTR

past trips-8/95 dixie landings (PO now), 5/96 poly, 12/96 offsite, 8/03 WL, 6/04 BC, 7/05 WL, 3/06 offsite, 7/07, WL, 3/08 offsite, 3/10 offsite 7/11 WL, 12/11 POP!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
MouseFan4Life
Earning My Ears

I'm in !!! Can't wait to hear about the trip !!!

AS Sports 1998, Dixie Landings 2000, AS Sports 2003,2006, PO Riverside 2007, POP 2008, PO Riverside 2010
Old 08-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm on board! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
Merida
DIS Veteran

Following along too! I read your pre-trip report but fell behind in commenting.

I'm going in December! I've only ever been in April/May before, so I'm looking forward to less heat/humidity!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #10
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm in
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 08-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
teacher1717
Mouseketeer

I'm not writing a trip report, I never have and I don't take detailed notes. I do enjoy reading them, but I am not ambitious enough to write them.

We always go in July so I am used to the heat (which didn't seem as bad this year) as well as the darn tours.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
QuirkyBelle
Mouseketeer

Count me in!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

I am in too can't wait to read about your trip

Old 08-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm in. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
Mini Minnie :)
Earning My Ears

!

First of all, I should probably inform you that I'm Christie AKA the best seester Kayla could ever ask for! haha. Seriously though, I'm the other half of this trip report Me and Kayla both work at an amusement park so our schedules pretty much revolve around that currently, but together we hope that we can write an awesome trip report that will help all our fellow DISers get that much needed Disney fix!

Who: Mi familia! and Jon! haha (introductions were presented by my lovely sister)
What: I'm not sure how to answer this question here,
Where: Disney's Wilderness Lodge! ANDD The happiest place on earth, heaven on earth, my favorite place on earth, etc.!
When: July 14-22!
Why: Because it's been toooo long since our last REAL family vacation! and everyone needs a little Disney in their life! Right guys?!

So let us begin!

CHAPTER 1: "You have got to be kidding me...I just want to be in Disney World"

One of my favorite things about a Disney trip is the anticipation! I love having a countdown and thinking about where I'll be one month from today! But do you know what I hate more then anything?! Working the day before vacation. I mean I seriously could not focus on a darn thing all day at work, and I'm guessing Kayla and Jon felt the same way! But finally 4 rolled around, and we skipped out of the park! Me and Kayla went to get our nails done, and then headed home to take my dog Chance to my aunts house, which is always so sad We promised we would see him soon and went home to finish some last minute packing!

Now I know a lot of you DISers are brilliant planners, but I have to admit that I am just not very good at it. I have gotten a heck of a lot better since our first trip and I'm improving greatly, but if it weren’t for Kayla I probably would have forgotten half of my suitcase. Thank goodness I have a wonderful sister!

Around 11:30 we double checked all of our suitcases and carry ons and decided it was time to hit the hay! But who am I kidding. Me and Kayla are literally those kids in the old Disney commercials who whisper to their parents "I'm too excited to sleep!" We finally fell asleep though. I can't tell you what time, but it's not as early as it should have been.

At 6am, my momma came busting into our room singing the "Good Morning" song from the Magic Kingdom rope drop! Gotta love her! haha. We got right up and happily went downstairs, which is a rare sight that early in our household. We packed our suitcases in our car, and took the short drive over to Jon's house. We said goodbye to his family around 7:15, and then we were off! We were officially going to the airport! One step closer to my favorite place ever!

This is us being excited outside of Jon’s house! Haha!

We arrived at the airport around 8! We checked our bags in and got through security without a problem, even though my dad was stressin out about Jon not having his license. So silly. We hitched a ride on our airport’s mini monorail, not the real thing but it would have to do for now!

Mini Monorail ride!

The parentals enjoying the ride

Me and Kayla got a bagel to hold us over until our 10:40 flight and my parents got something from McDonalds, no pictures yet Sorry about that!

While we were eating, my dad got a call that said "Christina's flight has been moved from 10:40 to 12. Sorry for the inconvenience." I was freaking out! I mean I’m not a bad flyer, but I was not cool with the idea of getting down to Florida later then everyone else. As it turned out, everyone's flight was changed due to maintenance issues on our plane, but my name was used in the voicemail because I am first alphabetically. Phew! I mean it was sad that we weren't going to be there as early as we wanted, but at least we would be together. A little bit later, around 11:30ish, a man at the gate came over the speaker and told us that our flight was being moved to 2...What?! At this point we were getting a little bit frustrated. The man told us to wait around near the gate just in case they found another plane we could use, and that we were all going to be getting a $200 southwest voucher for the next year. It's a nice thought, but everyone at the gate just wanted to be in Disney already.

We were waiting around talking to a nice family about college and what not when more bad news rolled in. They weren't able to find another plane to re route to our airport so we would have to wait until 3:40. Blah, i mean its not like there is anything you can do about the situation, but i just felt like it shouldn't have been so hard to get another plane. We decided to go to TGI Friday's because it was close, but we also weren't sitting around watching the seconds tick by.

Getting ready to order!

While we ordered, my dad and mom talked about what would happen if our plane would be later then 3:40. We had reservations to go to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show at the Poly at 8. Our flight was just about 2 hours, so if it was any later my dad was worried we would be cutting it too close for our reservations. He called WDW Dine, and they told him that we could only be 15 minutes late and still get seated. If we were any later we would be charged a cancellation fee. Not the news we wanted to hear. Our first day of vacation was putting everyone a little bit on edge.

We did have pictures of this food, but i guess i deleted them to make room for the real Disney food and activites we're all here for! So i promise that our next update will have food pictures for all of you guys!

We stopped by these fellas to waste some time! We were bored if ya couldn't tell?! As my dad would say “The two most important people to step foot in Pittsburgh” Silly! Haha

Sorry about us looking a little rough today, all this waiting was getting to us. And we were waiting for makeup and all that until dinner! It'll get better hopefully!

We got back to the gate to find news waiting for us..Was it good or bad?! Would we make our 8 o'clock reservations or would we be forced to cancel? Stay tuned to find out! (We'll update tomorrow!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: