Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you think my restriction will be lifted
Yes / Probably 1 7.14%
Maybe / Good Chance 4 28.57%
No 9 64.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #1
EntertainmentGuy
Earning My Ears

College Program Restricted/No-rehire Will it lift?

I will start from the beginning. I did the Fall 2008 CareerStart Program and being 18, and new to the professional work field. I made mistakes. I didn't realize joking with co castmembers could get me reported for sexual harassment but it did. Never actually assualted anyone, but I take full responsibility. I would joke with a guy, and i slapped my friends behind. I am not sure who reported me, but then I called in and got a reprimand. I worked QSFB then transferred to Merch. I worked in DTD and was very un-happy. During my program I was struck with appendicitis and decided after the being out of work for 2 weeks I would self terminate. I did not just up and leave, I believe I gave them notice. The woman on the phone told me I would be restricted for 6 months and that she would write medical for the reason.

Here it is over a year later, and I am soon to be 20. I applied the 2010 fall advantage/fall college program. The dream has always been entertainment and I really feel I have a chance. I had my interview and was told nothing, then a week later I was told I am a restricted/no-rehire. I filled out the paper work and poured my heart and soul into my answer. My work experience has been pretty consistent, a few jobs were like seasonal, or a show that I was paid for. Do you have to hold a job for 6 months? Could showing I worked somewhere and now currently returned count?

I am so nervous because I am dreaming to get my second chance. I did what I had to, sent the rehire papers back immediately

My questions are, does anyone have a good idea of what to expect? Is there a chance I can be hired for this college program since it's so early and do I get an interview asking me about this? What is Disney looking for? Also I was told I can still audition for character performer as I was invited to audition. I remember being told something about even if I am restricted or something, if Disney wants me they will fight for me.

Please my mind, and heart are going crazy and I just want to know should I assume that my status will remain, or is it a good chance Disney will let me try for my dream again?

Thanks for any help
EntertainmentGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

If the reason for self terming was medical, then I've heard of them rehiring people with that circumstance. It may be harder for you though because of that reprimand.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
EntertainmentGuy
Earning My Ears

Hey thanks for responding Ya when I left the woman said she wrote medical because out of no where I got appendicitis and had to have surgery. I talked to my supervisor and she said she will say yes to supporting me coming back, and she said my reprimands werent that serious which surprised me. I keep hearing something about 6 months which I am not sure if it's true or not but my record card is over like a year and some months old. So I am praying and believing in disney
EntertainmentGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
disneylover1972
Earning My Ears

Im not sure if you have gotten a job yet but the 6 months is that you can only apply once per 6 months and you cant be hired for 6 months after leaving disney. They normally will hire you if you have a job for a full year after leaving then that is there biggest requirement hope that helps i want through the same things and i know have an interview after 2 years
And i was on the fall 08 program to
disneylover1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
progroupie
Mouseketeer

I'm currently waiting on my rehire paperwork to be processed myself.
I was told that you have to have at least six months job stability with a letter from your employer confirming how long you've been employed with them.
I auditioned for entertainment and was offered a position pending my restricted rehire status being lifted. I interviewed with a casting representative after that and she seemed impressed with my current work history, I work two jobs, one I've been at for over a year and the other I've been at for over 6 months. She sounded very optimistic about my chances of having my rehire approved.
The first time I applied to have my restricted status lifted I was denied. This was about 3 years ago and less than a year since the end of my program. They didn't specify a reason but I'd only been at my current job for exactly 6 months so they probably thought I was jumping the gun a bit.
I'll let you know how things go for me to give you an idea of what you're in for. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
progroupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
Inkz
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

I am myself on restricted rehire. The only thing that Disney has on my record is that I was late once. I was also told that let go was because of couple of letters that Disney made me write about my experiences. Disney felt since I was so depress with my job, the parks and one tiny disagree with my roommates that was good enough reason to let me go. Now I have to wait until six months to get rehire. I was also told that any hope of working for Disney as future career is now gone. I am sad that things turned out the way they did. I wish I could go back and fix things, but now I can't. I do hope that I see that purple letter again, but something tells me I am not.
Inkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
devilmafia11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylover1972 View Post
Im not sure if you have gotten a job yet but the 6 months is that you can only apply once per 6 months and you cant be hired for 6 months after leaving disney. They normally will hire you if you have a job for a full year after leaving then that is there biggest requirement hope that helps i want through the same things and i know have an interview after 2 years
And i was on the fall 08 program to
agree

Tags
disney college program, dreams, rehire status, restricted/no-rehire, walt disney world

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: