Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #2026
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was a bit behind---just read the update about the missing clothing! And then Disney didn't do much about it?!?! Oooh, I would have been NOT happy. That is awful! I'm sorry that happened.
They didn't do anything about it expect ask me to make a bazillion phone calls, never follow up directly with me, not be very sympathetic about the whole thing (as if I was making it up) and then send a nasty gram saying they weren't liable for anything. No. NOT happy about it at all.

Quote:
I LOVE the pic of the kids dressed as the Blues Brothers for Halloween! Awesome costumes. I love how the friend even had the big stomach! Too funny!!!
Trying to get his stomach to stay on/in was the funnier part

Quote:
I'm also really enjoying every update about IOA/Uni. I have only read about the parks, I hope to experience them sometime soon, they look like a lot of fun. And score! on getting breakfast! Why were the crowds so much lower that day? It seemed you only got in slightly earlier, yet didn't have to deal with nearly as many people! I guess the pixie dust transferred parks.
They were lower due to the time of year and the day of the week. We weren't in the park any earlier time wise than the first day we were there. Our first day was a friday, likely the last weekday before back to school for many of those crowds. Our second day was a Sunday and I really think the fact that school probably started for a lot of kids the next day was the largest factor in the lower crowds. If you have to go in August, late late august is best for the crowds (though not for weather).
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #2027
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

When the volcano blows

After our unexpected and delightful breakfast and amazingly productive morning at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, we headed out with plans to hook up with the rest of the gang.

We stopped by to check out my favorite fountain

He had a LOT of fun with Evan and Eric. Evan thought it was quite annoying at first, as you can see by his body language

Until, after some funny quip (which I tried to video but missed) he totally sprayed both kids directly. Shocked and woke them up. It was a riot! You can see what I did capture below, just click on the picture.

"Your wish will soon come true....eventually.... with your mom's permission"

Walking back the crowds were picking up but still nothing like Friday had been.

The rest of the gang was at the pool so with a quick change, we headed to meet them. My other favorite fountain, which greets you as you enter the HRH pool.

I just love the colors of the splash zone

No kids hula hooping in it at that moment but they are there, along with other toys including access to ping pong table if you dont feel like swimming. I forgot to mention. On our first day, while the rest of the gang was swimming and I was unpacking, there had been pool games that Evan had participated in. I cant recall the game but hed won a frozen t shirt. Which he thought was cool until we realized it was an adult large Sapporo T. Odd choice for pool game prize for a kid but whatever. He was still happy to have won. We were at the pool for a couple of hours and decided to head to lunch, straight from the Pool. By now it was 2 and J&K had a 6:30 flight so we didnt want to waste their time while we changed.
It is probably obvious where we wanted to go by now.

Actually no, we went inside to the actual Margaritaville. The Lone Palm is after all, just a bar. While were were waiting to be seated, the kids enjoyed checking out the parrots outside.

As you can see, Eric still has his swim goggles on. When I said we went straight there, I meant it.

Hence the wet hair

The DJ was playing

No band

But Radio Margaritaville was live

I tried to take some interior shots but they are lousy

Eric went for shrimp. Not sure if this is from the kids menu or not but I suspect it is

This must be Jeffs as its a double though the onion rings would indicate otherwise

The volcano was getting about ready to blow

Again, my pictures of it actually blowing didnt really turn out

Interior shot

While we were eating, they came by with the parrot shot. As a general rule I dont buy these photos but every once in a while one is so good, so perfectly captures a moment that it makes you smile, well..you just have to buy it!

Its on my kitchen window sill right now. One of my favorites of all time.
With that it was time for the walk back to the HR. We were going to say goodbye J&K who had a car lined up to pick them up, the Es and I would shower and then decide what we wanted to do for the rest of the evening . It would be interesting to see if Taylor would want to join us on our very last night or if hed feel rudderless without Jeff there.

Go big, or go home!

Last edited by eandesmom; 07-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #2028
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Its on my kitchen window sill right now. One of my favorites of all time.
With that it was time for the walk back to the HR. We were going to say goodbye J&K who had a car lined up to pick them up, the Es and I would shower and then decide what we wanted to do for the rest of the evening . It would be interesting to see if Taylor would want to join us on our very last night or if hed feel rudderless without Jeff there.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Great update, Cynthia (you are an updating machine today). This is a great photo and I can see why it is one of your favorites!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #2029
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Margaritaville photos! The one of the boys is awesome!!!

I'm glad you made it there.

We never did eat at Margaritaville. We had a beeper one night, but it was a 40 minute wait, and Bubba Gumps was a walk-in, so...

Very. Bad. Parrotthead!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #2030
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That is an adorable picture of the boys!!! Love it!!!

Those fountains are hysterical! I love the quip about wishes coming true with mom's permission!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:46 AM   #2031
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of the boys. It IS great. I know what you mean, that's my general rule of thumb; if one of those pictures were to ever come out really well, I'd buy it, too!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 07-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #2033
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Great Update Cynthia!

It was definitely worth the price to get the photo!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #2034
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Cynthia (you are an updating machine today). This is a great photo and I can see why it is one of your favorites!
I've been a non updating machine and need to get this one done before the cruise, I've lost a lot of readers I'm so lame! Thanks for sticking it out

I love that picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the Margaritaville photos! The one of the boys is awesome!!!

I'm glad you made it there.

We never did eat at Margaritaville. We had a beeper one night, but it was a 40 minute wait, and Bubba Gumps was a walk-in, so...

Very. Bad. Parrotthead!
DEE!

I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.IT!

I know how it goes though, we bailed on a long time favorite last weekend that we were positive we'd eat at (due to a rude hostess) sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That is an adorable picture of the boys!!! Love it!!!
Admittedly part of it is it's one of the rare pics of Eric without his glasses on and I just love seeing those blue eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Those fountains are hysterical! I love the quip about wishes coming true with mom's permission!
The fountain was far funnier when he nailed them with the water but I didn't catch it. If you do go to IOA you must check out the fountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Love the pictures of the boys. It IS great. I know what you mean, that's my general rule of thumb; if one of those pictures were to ever come out really well, I'd buy it, too!
Every once in a while they are good enough to swallow the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
That's a GREAT picture Cynthia! Definitely worth the purchase.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Great Update Cynthia!

It was definitely worth the price to get the photo!
It was, it makes me smile every day.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #2035
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great update Cynthia! That fountain was really funny. I wonder how it" knew" exactly where the boys were standing I guess it is high-tech motion sensored.

Margaritaville looks really fun! I've never been in one - that one looks better than some I've heard about. The pic of the boys turned out great!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #2036
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great update Cynthia! That fountain was really funny. I wonder how it" knew" exactly where the boys were standing I guess it is high-tech motion sensored.

Margaritaville looks really fun! I've never been in one - that one looks better than some I've heard about. The pic of the boys turned out great!
it operates very much like PUSH and I think it has a 360 view as when we were there in 2004 the 6 boys would race around it and it would call out "Conor Conor" to my one nephew and pick on him relentlessly. The E's don't recall it but man was it funny!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #2037
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Loving all the wonderful pictures of Universal!! I so want to visit HOP!!!

What a great picture of the boys!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #2040
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great picture of the boys!! I would have bought it too.

That fountain is so funny!

Sorry J & K had to leave early... I remember when you were trying to buy all of the airline tickets. That made my head spin!
oh my gosh, it's a riot (that fountain). You have to check it out

buying those airline tickets made my head spin too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: