Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
apicozzi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TheWigs* View Post
We LOVE to stay at Contemporary...you could have them sit in the Mickey ears in the courtyard by the pool at CR. We have great pix of the girls sitting in each ear!
That could work.. if the MIL was able to go outside. The post states that they're looking for things to do inside

2014-Port Orleans Riverside 2013-Disneyland Hotel 2012-Disneyland Hotel 2011-Animal Kingdom Villa 2010-Contemporary 2009-Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans Riverside 2006-Caribbean Beach 2005-Caribbean Beach 2004-All Star Sports 2003-Caribbean Beach 2002-Grand Floridian 2001- Port Orleans French Quarter 2000-Dixie Landings 1999-Contemporary 1998-Disney Cruise Line (Wonder) 1997-Fort Wilderness Campground 1996-Grand Floridian 1995-Caribbean Beach 1994-Caribbean Beach 1993-Caribbean Beach 1992-Polynesian
apicozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #17
amyngary
Mouseketeer

more ideas

Love this idea! Here are my 2 cents....

-Have them get the pianist at the GF lobby to play their requested song (if the hunt is done when the pianist is there).
-Take a photo of the GF lobby from inside the glass elevator there (looking down).
-While riding the monorail, have them talk to other guests to find a certain unusual item (ie a piece of candy from another country).

I also recommend making it more challenging by making some of the items riddles. For example: "Is it contemporary for animals to have 5 legs? If so, take a photo to prove it". I think it's more fun to do a scavenger hunt where you have to really think about clues and even ask some CMs for help with the clues.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
futreWDI
DIS Veteran

here is a trivia question to ask the monorails captains... why is the monorail platform 2 different heights?

answer...
one height for the monorail class 4, they had to alter part of it for the monorail class 6
Old 07-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
Metsoskil
Citi Field, Rehoboth Beach, and WDW are my 3 favorite places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyngary View Post
Love this idea! Here are my 2 cents....

-Have them get the pianist at the GF lobby to play their requested song (if the hunt is done when the pianist is there).
-Take a photo of the GF lobby from inside the glass elevator there (looking down).
-While riding the monorail, have them talk to other guests to find a certain unusual item (ie a piece of candy from another country).

I also recommend making it more challenging by making some of the items riddles. For example: "Is it contemporary for animals to have 5 legs? If so, take a photo to prove it". I think it's more fun to do a scavenger hunt where you have to really think about clues and even ask some CMs for help with the clues.
Love the pianist idea! I'm definitely adding that. I can't make the clues too cryptical because I'll know the answers, which would give my team an unfair advantage. But I really like the idea.

WDW: Jul '91, May '93, Dec '99, Aug '07, Aug '08, Aug '09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Aug '10, Mar '11, Aug '11, Dec '11, Aug '13, Nov/Dec '13
Disneyland Paris: Aug '12
DCL: Jul '12 Magic NYC Weekend Getaway, Dec '13 Dream 3-night Bahamas
Upcoming Trips: WDW Jul '14, DCL Alaska - Wonder Aug '15
Metsoskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
Metsoskil

For those that asked, below are the 50 items I came up with for our scavenger hunt. Thanks to all that posted suggestions; I used quite a few of them.

1. _____Get Leis at the Polynesian Resort. (5 points)
  2. _____Take a picture with a cast member and your entire team in front of the Polynesian Waterfall. (10 points)
  3. _____Trade for a pin with a Polynesian or “Tiki” theme. (5 points)
  4. _____Get a DVC sticker with a picture of Stitch on it. (5 points)
  5. _____Take a picture with your entire team with one of the wooded tiki statues in the Polynesian lobby. (5 points)
  6. _____Get a penny pressed in each of the three resorts. (3 points each, 1 bonus point for getting all 3)
  7. _____Get a resort map for each resort. (10 points each)
  8. _____Trade for a Donald Duck, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto pin. (2 points each)
  9. _____Take a picture of the 5 legged goat in the mosaic in the Contemporary Resort. (10 points)
  10. _____Take a picture with the oldest member of your team in a Goofy hat. (5 points)
  11. _____Sample the Salt or Sugar Scrub in Basin in the Grand Floridian. (5 points)
  12. _____Take a picture of the youngest member of your team with the Mary Poppins topiary at the Grand Floridian. (5 points)
  13. _____Obtain a take out menu from Captain Cook’s, the Contempo Cafe, and Gasparilla Grille & Games. (10 points each)
  14. _____Find a family with a double stroller. (5 points)
  15. _____Find a family with a triple stroller. (20 points)
  16. _____Find a family wearing matching shirts. (5 points x the # of people in the family)
  17. _____Take a picture of a member of your team with a cast member from a continent other than North America. (10 points for each different continent)
  18. _____Find someone wearing a shirt or hat from Universal. (5 points)
  19. _____Take a picture of a member of your team with a cast member who lives in your home area code. (10 points)
  20. _____Allow the youngest member of your team to complete a coloring page from the lobby waiting area in each resort, if available. (5 points each)
  21. _____Take a picture of a member of your team wearing an “I’m Celebrating” pin. (5 points)
  22. _____Ride in the elevator in each resort. (2 points each).
  23. _____Take a picture of your entire team wearing Mickey Ears. (5 points)
  24. _____Find someone wearing a Birthday pin. (5 points)
  25. _____Find a couple wearing bride and groom Mickey Ears. (10 points)
  26. _____Have your picture taken by a Photopass photographer and added to a Photopass Card. (10 points)
  27. _____Obtain a Mickey Mouse sticker. (5 points)
  28. _____Obtain a Times Guide (5 points)
  29. _____Take a picture of a member of your team with each of the following words in the background: MAGIC, DISNEY, DREAM, FANTASY, WONDER, and MICKEY. (5 points each)
  30. _____Find a shirt that has the Dreamfinder on it. (10 points)
  31. _____Obtain a business card from a cast member. (10 points)
  32. _____Obtain a napkin that says “Walt Disney World” on it. (5 points)
  33. _____Play a video game in each of the 3 arcades. (2 points each).
  34. _____Take a picture of the youngest member of your team holding a coconut. (5 points)
  35. _____Take a picture of a member of your team from the balcony of the Grand Floridian Lobby while they are on the first floor. (10 points)
  36. _____Take a picture of the large yellow ferry that takes guests from the TTC to the MK. (5 points)
  37. _____Ride different color monorails. (1 point for each different color)
  38. _____Learn (all members of your team) how to say “Have a Magical Day” in a different language from a cast member. (10 points)
  39. ______Find someone who is wearing a Disneyland shirt. (10 points) (honor system)
  40. _____Take a picture of a cast member with the same name (spelled the same way) as each member of your team and that member of your team. (5 points each)
  41. _____ Take one picture with two cast members that have the same name as two of your team members and those two team members. (20 points)
  42. _____Take a picture of a live Disney Character. (10 points for each different character)
  43. _____ Find a child dressed as a character. (5 points)
  44. _____ Take a picture with your entire group and the birdcage in the Grand Floridian Lobby (5 points)
  45. _____ Find someone wearing a New York Mets article of clothing or hat. (10 points)
  46. _____ Have the Grand Floridian Lobby Pianist play a requested song. (15 points)
  47. _____ Have a picture taken of your entire team on a monorail. (10 points)
  48. _____ Trade a pin with a monorail attendant cast member. (5 points)
  49. _____ Obtain a DVC button with a picture of Pluto on it. (10 points)
  50. _____ Arrive at the designated meeting place before the deadline. (20 points)

WDW: Jul '91, May '93, Dec '99, Aug '07, Aug '08, Aug '09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Aug '10, Mar '11, Aug '11, Dec '11, Aug '13, Nov/Dec '13
Old 07-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #21
psac
DIS Veteran

I don't like #40 and #41 at all. "Same name" hunt likelihood varies depending on how "common" your name is. Not a fair hunt.

On a side note, I would be helpful with #45, I've worn New York Mets tee shirts down in WDW a number of times!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #22
Metsoskil

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I don't like #40 and #41 at all. "Same name" hunt likelihood varies depending on how "common" your name is. Not a fair hunt.

On a side note, I would be helpful with #45, I've worn New York Mets tee shirts down in WDW a number of times!
Fair enough. What would you suggest replacing them with?

Thumbs up for the Mets shirts!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #23
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

How about one point for every different transportation card you get from a monorail cm?

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
Metsoskil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabcassell View Post
How about one point for every different transportation card you get from a monorail cm?
I've heard you can't get transportation cards from the monorail since you can't ride in the front anymore. Is this incorrect?

Can someone confirm one way or the other whether transportation cards are still available?

Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #25
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Bumping because we love this idea!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
tigger24601
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsoskil View Post
I've heard you can't get transportation cards from the monorail since you can't ride in the front anymore. Is this incorrect?

Can someone confirm one way or the other whether transportation cards are still available?
You can still get the cards. We received 2 cards this past november because the CM liked my kids outfits.

Also the bus drivers and ferry staff sometimes carry them. If they don't have any on them they'll tell you to ask at the info window on your way into the parks. We try to get at least one on every trip. They tend to be very scarce and a definite treat.
tigger24601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: