Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a meet in Tennessee to benefit GKTW. I noticed that Disney on Ice is coming to Memphis in September... that might be a nice time to get something together. I might be able to get a box at the Forum donated for us to use.

Anyone interested?

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 03-08-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Let me know what you guys decide so I can add you to our event list and map on the top of the forum.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Nikki. I will let you know if anything develops.

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Ok, Tennessee, let's get going! We live in a state that is full of entertainment opportunities... from the Blues melodies in Memphis to Country music in Nashville to the beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee... Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #5
JenniBugInPink
Nobody has seen them since 1984

Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet!
JenniBugInPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniBugInPink View Post
Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet!
Yes, Bristol is a long way from Memphis. Hopefully, we can get something worked out... either a central location for everyone or a couple of different meets based on location...

Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am interested in this!!

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
djblu883
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up Memphis

If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I am interested in this!!

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblu883 View Post
If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.
Great! Glad to have more people interested!

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #10
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mom View Post
Great! Glad to have more people interested!

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?
This sounds like a lot of fun!!!

I think the 24th would be best...so that we can travel on Friday and Sunday, if we need to. I am so excited about this! I don't know if it is possible to get a handicapped accessible box? Lauren might be interested in coming...but she would have NO idea until that week before because she is starting college and probably has no idea of her schedule yet... And Rachel may be interested in coming, too. But both of those ladies would need a place that will hold a wheelchair. I can only "handle" one of them at a time...so we would only need one wheelchair spot...and if you can't get it, then that is totally fine...I just think they might be interested in coming.

This sounds fun!!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
Yeti77
Earning My Ears

My wife and I would be interested, as we're in Memphis, too.
Yeti77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
poohj80
Got Hunny?

I'm in N. AL and would be interested in attending if we could come up with a meet more around the Nashville area.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
heatherwillmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniBugInPink View Post

Me too! I used to live in Memphis. It's about a 8 hr drive for us. Tennessee is a loooong state.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #14
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

Am I the only one in Nashville? We could car pool!
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
katcarter
Earning My Ears

I am in Southeast Mo ---so either Nashville or Memphis works for me. I am excited for a event close to home!!
katcarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: